Sign in to follow this  
muffhunter1

Kuala Lumpur Feb 2011 pt 2/4

muffhunter1

This a part 2/4 trip made to Philippines-Malayasia-Cambodia-Thailand

Please see appropriate forums for other reports

Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia

DAY 1- Flew Asia Air from CLK to KUL got into KUL mid-afternoon. Took a bus to city central and a cab the rest of the way to hotel.Checked into the Concord hotel, which is just around the corner from the Beach Club. Went to the Hard Rock Café that adjoins the hotel and got my first price shock of how expensive this town is! About $28 for 2 beers and a Hard Rock burger!! Was beat after 5 nights in AC so ended up crashing early.

DAY 2- Set up an A.M. tour of the city and must say I’m very impressed. This was probably the cleanest and most cosmopolitan city I have yet been in Asia. New high rises being pulled up in any direction you look and according to the tour guide 0% unemployment.

After the tour I spent the rest of the afternoon walking around town and ended up in the top of Kuala Lumpur Tower, which is, the highest point in town (not the highest building) and the view was great!

Park KL.jpg

Later on that night I went out to check out the night life and first stop was the legendary Beach Club. As said here before this place is very expensive to drink at with beers at happy hour being $3.30 each if you buya bucket of six and after happy hour they go to $7. About 9:00 is when the place starts filling up; I spoke to a few girls and the price was way high and since they weren’t real lookers I didn’t even bother with a counter offer. Satand drank for a few hours with some other people I met and after not seeing anything worth while I walked across to the Thai Club where the talent was even of less quality. Ended up heading back to the hotel around 11:30 pm with no bed warmer.

Beach club KL.jpg

Thai club KL.jpg

Next morning I took the rail from city central non-stop to Malaysia Air terminal, in fact you check your luggage at the train station and it goes directly to your plane. Got to airport, loaded up in plane and off to Siem Reap.

Synopsis

Kuala Lumpur- I was very impressed with the city, it was clean, modern, great food and expensive. After speaking to other people I found that out side the city it is much cheaper to stay and some beautiful places to go. I would like to go back and spend more time seeing other parts of Malaysia and if I did I would definitely bring my own girl since the action was not that strong.

Night life/barscene- Since I was only in town for 2 nights and one of those nights was sleeping I may not have done my due diligence, however I did hit the famed spots and was not impressed with what I found not to mention the prices were laughable. Wow….I never got laid there!

Concord hotel-This place is a very nice upscale hotel in the center of town. It ran around $85 per night for a simple room which included a very good breakfast buffet.I’m sure if one were to spend more time there you would be able to find cheaper accommodations.

Edited by muffhunter1

worldsailor2

Looks like you hit the highlights in a short time. Malaysia has some beautiful beaches and hanging out in KL can be a blast, but you are right it is expensive for the night life. But if you head over to the towers and catch a meal and a movie, it is extremely cheap and lots of eye candy. For the beach club, you have to be choosy, but there are occasional 8 and 9's strolling through and sometimes a far flung catch like a Turkish girl!

WS2

benny31

thanks for your TR mate.

:001_Thank_You5:

muhara

Thanks for share your experiences mate. I like your trip report. I prepared my next trip in november and I would like to visit KL but some more time- about 5 days. Rest will be in Thailand- Pattaya of course.But tell me is Concorede ( I have seen on forum it's very popular hotel) guest friendly?

I will try to collect much more informations before my trip.

muhara

muffhunter1

Thanks for share your experiences mate. I like your trip report. I prepared my next trip in november and I would like to visit KL but some more time- about 5 days. Rest will be in Thailand- Pattaya of course.But tell me is Concorede ( I have seen on forum it's very popular hotel) guest friendly?

I will try to collect much more informations before my trip.

muhara

The Concord is GF. It is so big in the lobby they really don't notice you.

muhara

The Concord is GF. It is so big in the lobby they really don't notice you.

Thanks very much for useful info

muhara

i love my asians....

Heading to KUL in June, i think ill catch the connection to BKK...thanks for the info...

Heading to KUL in June, i think ill catch the connection to BKK...thanks for the info...

philkrenshaw

When I went to KL I also stayed at the Concord. While wandering around the hotel I came across what looked to be a massage parlor, though there was no mention of it in any of the material in my room. Lots of girls in identical robes, hanging around. In any event, I didn't try it as my next stop was Bangkok.

crazy007

any recommendations on "Grand Pacific hotel" they seem to have quite a low rate of 200MYR incl of all tax & break fast. is this a decent place to be around

hoping to be in KL for 6 nights - welcome suggestions on the best way to utilize the time