IGNORED

Travelling to Pattaya Alone?

Take a break

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chat up anybody.......butt if you meet a fellow travler who is "down on there luck" and needs a loan because they were robbed, short of funds, etc, just tell them "sorry I cannot help as I have limited funds"

If you do give some money , you will NEVER get it back...............

You have been warned.....Had a british lad try it on me in Pattaya, and a swede try it on at BKK...funny thing same story both times, "no money to eat"..........

yess i know there is scammers trying that trick as i have turned down requests like that from sketchy types. BUT on my last trip i actually lost money and atm due to a pickpocket and had an awful time trying to get help just to get back to my hotel, without a bhat you cant even internet Email someone back home to wire you money. did not eat cause i felt to embarressed ask people to help me out after a few tries! . suddenly loosing everything in a foreign country like thailand could be a real headache as it was for me.

its not Always a scam. robberies and pickpocket happends

iv been to pattaya three times now on my own and i think its more chilled out as you do what you want when you want and its easy to talk tom people in bars and gogos but very drunk people can be a pain so drink up and leave them where thay are. :Circle_Sharks:

yess i know there is scammers trying that trick as i have turned down requests like that from sketchy types. BUT on my last trip i actually lost money and atm due to a pickpocket and had an awful time trying to get help just to get back to my hotel, without a bhat you cant even internet Email someone back home to wire you money. did not eat cause i felt to embarressed ask people to help me out after a few tries! . suddenly loosing everything in a foreign country like thailand could be a real headache as it was for me.

its not Always a scam. robberies and pickpocket happends

That must have been a nightmare for you... That's why it is important you have a back up atm card in your room safe...

You can always transfer your funds from your lost/stolen card to your back up card via internet banking..

Better still take temjuin advice and open a Thai bank account, you can go direct to the bank and get replacement card....

Every week at another location. You can find the next meeting a few days before in the running banner in top of each page.

Thanks for this tip. I've seen that thing scrolling across the screen a million times but I never read what it said. What worries me is given how obvious this was, I may be the only person to ever go to LOS and not be able to find a P4P girl.

on my first trip to pattaya a year ago i was supposed to go with a good friend but due to reasons beyond his control he had to cancel a few days before the flight. i went alone and it was GREAT. there is a few upsides and a few downside to going alone. the upsides are:

1. you are free. you can wake up anytime you want, go to sleep anytime you want, plan your daily and trip schedule as you like without considering other people desires.

2. you tend to meet a lot of new people this way, you tend to talk to people you maybe wouldn't id you were with friends. i met a lot of nice guys and girls from all around the world and even locals this way.

the downsides:

1. cost more. you have to pay for everything yourself like a single room, taxi from the airport etc.

2. at times you do get lonely. not to much but here and there.

if you ask me (and you did) - ill do it again, its a very unique experience.

my first trips comming up soon and ill be alone never peen to patts never been to LOS but cnt wait traveling alone is the way to go i think been to amsterdam 3 times lonesome had a great time Philippines 5 times but only 3 times 1 out is a little sketchy im onlg 22 and short and u sorta stand out there not many farangs evan in manila u dnt see many westerners just dnt start shit and ull rool smooth

jnewell

This will be my 1st trip to Thailand, alone too. I am a little apprehensive, but adventurious

Not a drinker, so bars may be out of the question, and am hoping to meet people at the timeshare

resort or on the beach or bench. Any advice for a newbie sure will be helpful. Also, my flight

arrives at 11:15 PM, and from BKK to pattaya, any suggestions on how to travel at that hour

will be appreciated.

Travelling alone is no problem in a place like Pattaya. I think its even beter to travel alone.

Question: I have never been to the Saphire parties. What are they like? Are they every thursday? Anyone can go? Once I saw an add for a Saphire club sea cruise. Are the sea cruises regular and, do they have chiks onboard?

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

i would say its best to travel with a freind the first time you go to patts, let him teach you how stuff works.

On your second trip, its allright to go by yourself. but thats my opinion:D

<center><embed src="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/&clickLABEL=Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com&flashLABEL=Zoodu.com - Pimp Your Profile!&skin=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/skins/m21.swf&text=Patts%21%0D&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2012&month=0&day=11&hour=20&minute=15&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/">Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com</a></small></center>

<center><embed src="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/&clickLABEL=Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com&flashLABEL=Zoodu.com - Pimp Your Profile!&skin=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/skins/a27.swf&text=Back%20home%21%3D%28%0D&untilColor=6724095&textColor=16711935&datesColor=0&year=2012&month=3&day=11&hour=20&minute=15&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/">Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com</a></small></center>

I'm planning on going to Pattaya alone in May (hopefully, around the 23rd) for 28 days. I won't be alone when I get there, as I am meeting up with someone. Its the other things i'm concerned about, like, finding the right terminal at Heathrow etc. Also, I was a little concerned about taxi drivers in Bangkok, but i've found out about the Bell Bus, so I think i'll be taking that option. So, I think my initial worries have gone away, lol.

i used bell travel service last time in thailand its well organised and much cheaper than taxi go for it

• 3 weeks later...

the first 3 times i went with a friend and i thought it would be weird if i went solo. the 4th time i went solo and i was a totally different experience. at first i was a bit lonely, eating alone (after a night of company), then i started to get the swing of being able to do anything on a whims notice. no meeting up with someone or constantly babysitting a buddy who is drunk and worrying if he is getting robbed by this BG. I now prefer solo, but i still ask my pussy ass friends if they want to make their first trip to loose their second virginity.

I'm travelling to LOS on my jack and once again the site provides practical advice re the do's and don'ts....once again gents many thanks

• 6 months later...

I am travelling to Patts for the 5th time in May 2012 but this is my first solo trip, same things other people here have mentioned have crossed my mind, being a bit lonely, someone too bounce off and have a laugh with .but the pros seem to outway the cons, being your own boss doing whatever you like when you like. great replies here to reassure the likes of me.

I HAVE SPENT MOST OF MY MONEY ON PATTAYA WOMEN, BEER AND FLYING BACK AND FORWARDS TO LOS

THE REST I'VE SQUANDERED!!!

I'm going to Thailand alone and will look to become the single greatest Mongerer to ever live! People will only slow you down

i travelled alone and had a great time. read the forum and you will have no problem. i done my homework and felt like a seasoned vet after one day. no worries, have a piece for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Im not really an outgoing type but have never had any trouble meeting drinking buddies anywhere in SEA.

• 4 months later...

I've done most of my travelling alone. I like being able to follow my schedule when I please. Never have trouble making friends if I want to. I prefer to visit the bars alone.... it seems easier to meet girls that way for me.

Just booked my flight and will be coming on my own. I prefer to do it this way as coming with friends there will only be disagreements on what to do and they'll hold me back...

jeezus man,do you need someone to hold your hand? :Think1:

sounds like you shouldnt come

that's gap year buffalo mentality

I agree on that: It is quite easy to travel alone. If you get lonely, it is absolutely no problem to get drinking partner - as most of the other panters also are going alone. We are there for the same reason: thai pussy and beer

I too travel alone....I'm relatively new to this mongering and loved it when I started in August.

I'm not sure what to look forward in pattaya. But heck, it needs common sense, a drink, and good negotiation skills.

Archived