IGNORED

Travelling to Pattaya Alone?

Take a break

Arite lads,

I'm going to Pattaya for the 2nd time in August, I'm meant to be meeting a friend in Bangkok whos moving to Oz... He is normally a man of his word but if he pulls out I'll be travelling on my todd...

Have any of you guys travelled alone? If so what have you got to watch out for? Is there plenty of other people away for a bit of debauchery on there own aswell? :07:

Any tips welcome. Cheers

Al

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey mate, most of the punters around Pattaya have travelled there by themselves. Easy enough to find a drinking buddy to go on a debauchary hunt for you.

The only thing you have to watch out for are the Thai Girls in the Beer Bars. They will take all your money off you, 1500 Baht every night And Fuck you over (and over and over...)

I personally find it better to travel alone. That way you are on your timetable only. If you want to Barfine a girl early, you won't have to worry about the guilt of leaving your mate by yourself.

Else, look to arrive on a Thursday, then go to a few Addict Events. Sapphire on Thursday and Meeting on Friday. you'll find plenty of other options from those

I agree on that: It is quite easy to travel alone. If you get lonely, it is absolutely no problem to get drinking partner - as most of the other panters also are going alone. We are there for the same reason: thai pussy and beer :GoldenSmile1:

Most of my trips I travel alone. Very easy to strike up conversation with others in the bars/gogos. In fact some of the most memorable conversations I have had have been on the Baht buses. It's amazing what people (both Thai and Farang) tell you in the space of 5 - 10 minutes.

Of course, there are the PA meetings and the Sapphire Parties (haven't been to the party but will do so next trip).

If you are on your own, just take normal common sense precautions. Don't wear jewellery and/or an expensive watch, carry only enough money for what you need and always use the safe in the room to keep ATM/Credit Card etc in.

I'm planning on going to Pattaya alone in May (hopefully, around the 23rd) for 28 days. I won't be alone when I get there, as I am meeting up with someone. Its the other things i'm concerned about, like, finding the right terminal at Heathrow etc. Also, I was a little concerned about taxi drivers in Bangkok, but i've found out about the Bell Bus, so I think i'll be taking that option. So, I think my initial worries have gone away, lol.

Most of my trips I travel alone. Very easy to strike up conversation with others in the bars/gogos. In fact some of the most memorable conversations I have had have been on the Baht buses. It's amazing what people (both Thai and Farang) tell you in the space of 5 - 10 minutes.

Of course, there are the PA meetings and the Sapphire Parties (haven't been to the party but will do so next trip).

If you are on your own, just take normal common sense precautions. Don't wear jewellery and/or an expensive watch, carry only enough money for what you need and always use the safe in the room to keep ATM/Credit Card etc in.

Great advice of my five trips three have been alone.

The best thing about Pattaya is your only alone if you want to be.

The Friday board meeting is a great way to meet BM and the Sapphire parties as well, just walk up to LaaMok and say whats up

If you are in a bar and there are other farang about they are there for exactly the same reason that you are, I have found it easier talking to complete strangers in Pattaya as you already have at least one thing in common.

The advice about attending one of the Friday meetings or one of the Parties at Sapphire is sound. Another place to go is Quicky Bar on Soi 6 where you are almost guaranteed to bump into other BM as it seems to be a very popular starting point for many

Never had a problem travelling alone all over the world. It's esp easy in LOS. If you want to just chat and meet bg's and fl's then you don't even have to try. Just go in any bar, lol. If you want to meet a few felloow travellers/couples/mates then i'd lay off the booze...no one likes to make friends with the drunk guy on his own.

I'd been to Thailand before with a friend years ago (2003 and 2004), but went solo for this past trip over the holidays.

No issues at all with the solo thing, other than you have to go out yourself and can't rely on a buddy to get you moving

in the morning (or afternoon, if that's your tendency...) :)

• 1 month later...

Solo travelling in the los is the way to go, yeah it takes a bit of balls but once you break the ice with a few bgs or just punters you'll wonder why you never did it before.

Wasn't aware there was a Friday board meeting, where does this usually take place or should I check closer to when I'm going at the end of June.

Every week at another location. You can find the next meeting a few days before in the running banner in top of each page.

Thanks, found the correct forum for it after I posted this, might make it along on the last Friday in June.

Good advice on these posts, I,m in my 60s nearly always travelled alone. When you do go alone you tend to meet other likeminded peole easily.Just take usual precautions and you will be fine

On places like this, most prefer to travel alone as they do not have to worry about their lads and how they are holding their own. It is easy to find a drinking buddy in such places, as mostly are doing the same.

I, personally, have gone there alone and I did not have a problem getting myself filled as they can give you really give company.

I've been married for ten years, got no friends left now anyway:P

I even think hunting TG alone is better than being with your mate.

If you and your mate have the same taste and like the same kind of ladies It can cause some trouble quickly.

One solution is to go with somebody only like ugly and pumpui ladies if you like thin and sexy bodies.

That's why going alone is for me the best option.

As with the previuos post traveling alone is great fun if you use common sense

When i was there last year i made sure i took only 5000 baht with me when i went out

Like the previous poster said dont wear expensive jewelry

And if your hotel is in a side street away from the action when you walk home late at night walk in the centre of the road instead of the footpath and just be aware of your surrondings i guess unless you get really smashed

Btw if you want to get smashed just do it at your hotel

I had no trouble last year what so ever so have fun

I'm travelling to Pattaya in September with a mate, but he hasn't booked yet so could be possible that I will be travelling alone. Doesn't bother me even though I would prefer to have a mate there. Mate as in a friend by the way!

• 3 weeks later...

Travel with friends and alone , no problems as said its always easy to get chatting if you want to. Sometimes its good to drift round and do some ''solo mongering'' without mates , you may become more impulsive with distactions on your own,as no mates watching or commenting an be fun, I like both worlds.

Don't worry about being solo, it's sometimes nice to please yourself where you go. So easy to meet drinking pals if that's what you want. Personally, I tend to drink more when I'm sat by myself because you are not chatting. The downside is I end up drunk faster and I'm less likely to sample other bars.

Been to Pattaya quite a few times now...first time on my own this year went for a month,

have to say i enjoyed myself just as much with not having to try and please everyone,

do what you want, when you want and where you want!,

and as they say it's "up to you"lol,

going back in Jan for a couple of months this time and can't wait!

It will be my first time to thailand and it doesnt bother me at all.

You can do whatever you want and go wherever you want and by reading all this info on PA i have no doubt i will meet other people :D

It will be my first time to thailand and it doesnt bother me at all.

You can do whatever you want and go wherever you want and by reading all this info on PA i have no doubt i will meet other people :D

X2.....gotta say I'm of the same mind. Being a rather friendly and agreeable chap I never have too many problems

finding people to have a drink or 20 with. Usually things have a habit of evolving all by themselves, that's half the fun!!

Oh, and FYI 18 day's untill my maiden voyage.....or is that voyage of maidens....hmmm....8)

Archived