Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cathay Pacific Deals from Sydney

On Borrowed Time

Hi Guys,

I've long booked my flight to Europe via Thailand with Qantas, but for those of you who are still thinking of coming for Easter/Songkran, I've just priced a return to BAngkok from Sydney (with a 2 hour stopover in Hong Kong) for $1075. Qantas/British are charging near $1600 for those dates. which considering we have 5 days off in a row due to weekend and public holidays, that's a pretty darn good price, this close to Easter.

So if you haven't booked, and thinking of it for that period, then check them out.

I am not sure about Sydney, but from Melbourne I have seen Thai airways tickets varying between $850 to $1,050 during this time of year.

Edited by ringadingding

I am not sure about Sydney, but from Melbourne I have seen Thai airways tickets varying between $850 to $1,050 during this time of year.

Yeah with Month to an exceptional Easter Break of 5 days, it's probably much higher than that at the moment. If I say price a flight on 15 April and Returning on 2 May (which are the dates I leave and fly back), then Cathay last night was $1075

Though if I check Thai now, it's also the same price, with the added benefit of being a direct flight.

Also checking the usual over priced Qantas is up in the high $1400's

Quite often, Emirates is the cheapest flight to Bangkok from Sydney, can often be obtained for about $874 return, especially during non holiday periods

Much better than expected overall!

Im a cheap bastard and fly Air Aisa from Gold Coast. I'm not a fan of the KL stop over but it's bearable and I figure what I save I can spend on other things!

Im a cheap bastard and fly Air Aisa from Gold Coast. I'm not a fan of the KL stop over but it's bearable and I figure what I save I can spend on other things!

If I was on the Goldie, I'd probably do the same. Except I'm a Gold Qantas Frequent Flyer, so I tend to go with One World Airlines to get my benefits.

How's the legroom in Air Asia? I'm near 6'4" and I'm assuming it's on the smaller side of international airlines

If I was on the Goldie, I'd probably do the same. Except I'm a Gold Qantas Frequent Flyer, so I tend to go with One World Airlines to get my benefits.

How's the legroom in Air Asia? I'm near 6'4" and I'm assuming it's on the smaller side of international airlines

The thing I like about Air Asia is you can book what they call a 'Hot Seat' these are emergency exit seats or seats near bulk heads. Every time I pay the extra 40 each way and choose one of the seats, the last trip I had one near an emergency exit near the galley and where the hosties sit upon take off and landing. I had a really hot one and her skirt was really short, great view on take off and landing and I don't mean out the window!

If you didn't opt for one of these seats your legs probably would be really cramped, the seats are also very narrow, made for skinny asian butts

Cheers

Jon

I dumped Airasia long time ago after using their pathetic seats that pull forward instead of reclining. You are right about the Freq Flyer points as I ditched Thai for Jetflex fare during Dec-10. Even though Thai was cheaper, Jetstar got me around 10,000 points.

We don't get Emirates flying direct to BKK. Only options from Melbourne to BKK are Singapore (stopover at Singapore), Thai (direct), Airasia (stopover KL LCCT), Malaysia (stopover KLIA), Jetstar (direct and via Singapore). Now there is Strategic Airline for Phuket too.

My preference remains Jetstar due to itinerary (get to BKK by 20:40 and return to Melb by 10:30 AM.

The Thai Airways flight from Melbourne has actually dropped down to the current price in the last couple of weeks. It was at least $200 more not so long ago for the same period.

It is very tempting to hop over for the Easter break for just over $1K. Trouble is that I booked extra cheap tickets with Jetstar in June (under $600) so not sure if I can pull off two trips in less than 2 months. If I don't go at Easter though I will just be sitting around for 5 days cursing myself for not doing it.

Booked mine about a month ago, thai airways melbourne-bangkok 30/4/2011

Return bangkok-melbourne 8/5/2011 $815.00

Try zuji for the fares thats where the best fair was at $820 printed it out &

took it to flight centre which beat it by $5 and gave me a $20 voucher to use on internal holidays

But Very Very Happy with the price,

December 17 2011 ....... The day Pattaya will be invaded by THE_GUN

took it to flight centre which beat it by $5 and gave me a $20 voucher to use on internal holidays

Thanks for the heads up on zuji. I just took a look at their site and you can't get the deal you got with Thai anymore but there is a fare of $766 return on Brunei Airlines. There is a fairly short stopover in Brunei but that seems damn cheap. I dont know anything about that airline but I know it's an extremely rich country so I figure the airine is probably ok. Anyone had any experience flying with them?

Thanks for the heads up on zuji. I just took a look at their site and you can't get the deal you got with Thai anymore but there is a fare of $766 return on Brunei Airlines. There is a fairly short stopover in Brunei but that seems damn cheap. I dont know anything about that airline but I know it's an extremely rich country so I figure the airine is probably ok. Anyone had any experience flying with them?

Check the stop over on both legs...I found the stop over to be too long on the return so didnt bother.

It is also a dry flight...no grog whatsoever.

Emirates ex Melb have comparable if not cheaper flights via SGP or KL.

Check the stop over on both legs...I found the stop over to be too long on the return so didnt bother.

It is also a dry flight...no grog whatsoever.

Emirates ex Melb have comparable if not cheaper flights via SGP or KL.

Thanks for the info. Yes I checked the stopovers. Between 4 and 5 hours in Brunei. Normally I could probably handle that but I have been doing some research and it seems the Brunei Airport is really crap so that might be a drag (especially on the way home). I also saw that it is a dry flight. I try not to drink too much on flights but I do like a couple of glasses of wine to just help me chill out.

The upshot is that the flight is $330 cheaper than any other I could find. I just have to decide if that saving is worth the hassle of the stopover, inferior airline, no grog etc. Decisions, decisions. (I keep thinking of the damage I could do with that extra 10,000 baht in Pattaya :GoldenSmile1:)

Thanks again.

That,s awesome price for Thai airways mate. Enjoy your trip.

hey I also jumped on one of these Cathay pacific flights. $1057 I paid. Best thing is they are a Oneworld partner so can get Qantas FF points too.