IGNORED

thai airways

Soi Six Snatch Sniffer

i am flying with thai airways heathrow to bkk on march 31st, first question, anybody else on the same flight and second question, whats the airline like. i hear the ife is shite.

Flying Thai the same day but coming from the states. My tenth trip from LAX but have never flown direct before. Always stops in either HK, Japan or Taiwan. This time 17 hours non-stop. Hope the plane and service is good. Have a great trip!

i am flying with thai airways heathrow to bkk on march 31st, first question, anybody else on the same flight and second question, whats the airline like. i hear the ife is shite.

To answer you second question, even though I took mine from Oslo. Thai is the best company I've ever flown with. The staff is really polite and take good care. Unfortunately not in a sense of doing ST's (But some of them should as I saw a couple of flight attendants on my flight that was hotter than any other thai girl I've ever seen). From Oslo you have your own television in the seat in front of you, where you can choose movies and play games. You also get to choose between two different dishes for breakfast and dinner.

I've also flown to BKK with AirBerlin (Crap), and through Europe/Africa with Scandinavian Airlines, KLM and such. In my eyes, Thai is the best I've ever used.

With that said, I'm not sure if they give you the same quality from Heathrow though.

I've flown all classes with Thai (thank you work!), and enjoyed all of them; food, service and entertainment all good. I can't put a finger on why as in reality they're kind of equal, but I'd still choose EVA given the option but it's maybe not a rational thought.

Always felt that little bit better with Thai out of BKK as the 'home team' but again in reality Im sure its not that different unless you're in Business or First. As I recall Reg, you prefer Economy and using your hard-earned for better things - sensible, and I was really happy in Eco from Heathrow last time, ticked all the boxes. IFE was good, with a personal tv and decent movies

Here's March's movies if you haven't already looked: http://www.thaiair.com/thai-services/in-the-air/en/new-movies.htm

Besides from some of their equipment is very old, specially the 747, and they use a stupid little glass for wine, I must say Thai is one of the best airlines I flown with. I have 2 booking with them in near future solely due to the splendid service, first from Dubai to LOS in 3 weeks :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by Kandinski

I love flying with this airline, not only because they have a midday flight from Heathrow that arrives in BKK early the next morning, but due to the fact that the Thai Air Hostesses get me in the mood for when I visit Airport club in Pattaya.

Pattaya Trip No.19 - Commences 22nd December 2013.....................Pattaya Trip No.20 - Commences 27th March 2014

Amongst the best legroom of all airlines in economy but the in-flight entertainment is crap on the 747's they use on the London route, no individual screens. Mind you, so many have iphones etc. these days that even that's fast becoming lower priority in many peoples books.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Amongst the best legroom of all airlines in economy but the in-flight entertainment is crap on the 747's they use on the London route, no individual screens. Mind you, so many have iphones etc. these days that even that's fast becoming lower priority in many peoples books.

hi doc, i am happy with the ample legroom but unfortunately i am a bit of a technophobe and dont possess an iphone or ipod, i dont think i would be able to fathom them out. i have only just got used to a telephone with buttons on it as opposed to the dial ones lol....

Besides from some of their equipment is very old, specially the 747, and they use a stupid little glass for wine, I must say Thai is one of the best airlines I flown with. I have 2 booking with them in near future solely due to the splendid service, first from Dubai to LOS in 3 weeks :GoldenSmile1:

You are right: Some of there planes are getting quite old, but the service and the food on board is excellent. There are not many companies these days, where you on economy class can choose between two meals and where all drinks are free.

hi doc, i am happy with the ample legroom but unfortunately i am a bit of a technophobe and dont possess an iphone or ipod, i dont think i would be able to fathom them out. i have only just got used to a telephone with buttons on it as opposed to the dial ones lol....

In that case the answer is Xanax. Wash one down with a cognac after the first meal the you will wake up just before the meal before you land. You can't drink heavily with it though.

I have flown with Thi and EVE from London. I perfer Eve, Thi have older planes and no TV in the seat.

Dave

In that case the answer is Xanax. Wash one down with a cognac after the first meal the you will wake up just before the meal before you land. You can't drink heavily with it though.

where can i get this xanax from pal. bear in mind i find it very difficult to sleep on planes.

where can i get this xanax from pal. bear in mind i find it very difficult to sleep on planes.

Go to your doctor and say you have a huge fear of flying or something. I got stuff like that straight away, not Xanax though

I get them at the little clinic opposite Liquid Lounge on Soi Bua Khao, 20 Baht each. They are actually considered class A drugs so many places quite rightly won't sell them without a prescription.

Just go to a TESCO that has a pharmacy, you can buy tesco sleep aid 50mg tablets (20tabs) £3.20ish..

I promise you'll be good for 7 hours kip on the plane.................

I get them at the little clinic opposite Liquid Lounge on Soi Bua Khao, 20 Baht each. They are actually considered class A drugs so many places quite rightly won't sell them without a prescription.

ERM, i am in the forces as you know doc and there is a zero tolerance of drugs especially at the moment when they are looking for excuses to kick people out what with all these cuts and that, so maybe to be on the safe side i should stick to nytol. lol...but its the thought that counts ...thanks doc.

First up I use Thai loads for business & pleasure.

Economy has no seat screens but has the old hat big screen like being at a crap cinema. :ShitHappens1:

Now moving on the economy seats are as good as they get in economy with a 34 inch pitch & a good recline.

The food is great for aircraft food & you can read the bangkok post. :GoldenSmile1:

The service is always good & you will feel you have hit Thailand as the Thai feel is with you on the flight IMO.

The big bonus is you will fly Direct so you can take a pill & sleep for a nice long time.

All round its good & I think you have made the correct booking.

Might just book that flight & have a quick trip my self ?????? :Club_fight1:

:001_Thank_You5:

i have done thai and eva imho eva wins hands down the thai girl are up the own bums

MIKE

ERM, i am in the forces as you know doc and there is a zero tolerance of drugs especially at the moment when they are looking for excuses to kick people out what with all these cuts and that, so maybe to be on the safe side i should stick to nytol. lol...but its the thought that counts ...thanks doc.

Have a good trip Reg, I mostly use Thai Airways, the grub is pretty good and the staff are very pleasant plus you get the trip over in one hit. If all else fails Reg buy some Piriton tablets, they are for hay fever and insect bites. A couple of them should give you a few hours kip and you can get them over the counter in any UK chemist.

Economy has no seat screens but has the old hat big screen like being at a crap cinema. :ShitHappens1:

Now moving on the economy seats are as good as they get in economy with a 34 inch pitch & a good recline.

The food is great for aircraft food & you can read the bangkok post. :GoldenSmile1:

The service is always good & you will feel you have hit Thailand as the Thai feel is with you on the flight IMO.

The big bonus is you will fly Direct so you can take a pill & sleep for a nice long time.

TH, quit a few of their planes has personnal entertainment system but not the old 747. Thai has a plan to upgrade some to 2011 standard and sell the rest and buy 5 new 380's

cheers for cheering me up. and get it booked my friend, the price is holding at around 556 quid. southall travel.

Have a good trip Reg, I mostly use Thai Airways, the grub is pretty good and the staff are very pleasant plus you get the trip over in one hit. If all else fails Reg buy some Piriton tablets, they are for hay fever and insect bites. A couple of them should give you a few hours kip and you can get them over the counter in any UK chemist.

cheers yogi, are you still over there pal. i have heard of piriton before so may give them a go. just counting the days until i am free of the uk for another fortnight in paradise pal.

i have done thai and eva imho eva wins hands down the thai girl are up the own bums

the lucky bitches, wouldnt mind being up their bums myself. :GoldenSmile1:

Well pull there heads out & lick the shit for them. LOL. :GoldenSmile1:

TH, quit a few of their planes has personnal entertainment system but not the old 747. Thai has a plan to upgrade some to 2011 standard and sell the rest and buy 5 new 380's

Yes that is correct. :GoldenSmile1:

As Thai fly both flights per day from London LHR to Bangkok BKK with 747's Boeing's then Reg will not get his PES, Personal Entertainment System. :ShitHappens1:

747, SKIP & SCREW ALL NIGHT, the song goes some thing like that. :GoldenSmile1: