IGNORED

Sandy Springs increased their price

JonnyR

Just been informed that Sandy Springs hotel on Soi13 have increased their prices in excess of 20%!!

Their standard rooms (no balcony) were always 1200 baht are now 1500 baht

Their standard rooms (with balcony) were always 1390 baht are now 1690 baht

I was always a favorite of this hotel because it was quiet and the location, but I won't be returning with the price hike. The rooms were decent at the prices before but are not worth the new prices unless there has been a major face lift since October 2010.

I'd check out the other hotels on this Soi, possible Inn House, Whitehouse Condotel or Dynasty Inn before choosing SS in the future.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

I bet they still levy the 500 baht per day supplement at Xmas/NY. They'll probably lose quite a few customers with that hike.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

hi jonnyr, i usually stay there also, stayed last sept.

however i feel that there would be more modern spots around for that money........ next time i think i will stay in LK Metro or there abouts .same same for half the price!

see you all next september!

regards

guiness

:GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1:

I just checked the Sandy Spring website and it looks like they raised the price on the Seaview Deluxe from 1600BHT to 1900BHT.

I've reserved 10 days for the beginning of april. But I might look for an alternative for when I come back in May.

Anyone got some good alternatives to Sandy Spring in the 1500-2000BHT range??

I might try the Page10

Standard room with seaview is up by 90baht (from 1600 to 1690). Stayed there at xmas with the 500baht peak season charge. Place is pretty dated but awesome location. Even with surcharge price was still better than my favourite the Tim Boutique. This low season booked Tims for 60AUD. 1800baht.

I can't fault the location. It's perfect...you have The Sportman Bar next door and La Maison restaurant. Down the end of the Soi (2nd road side) you have Wonderful 1 and 2, two nice bars with decent music (sometimes) and decent looking women, plus it's quiet at night BUT where a hotel thinks it can increase prices without adding anything extra in terms of renovations it has to be stopped.

I think people want value for money (in these recessionary times!!) and that is what you got in Sandy before the hikes, now I'm afraid you can get nicer looking hotels for the same price or stay in LK Metro Guesthouses for half the price.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Looks like the whole Spring group upped their prices. Summer Spring is up B300.- on each room as well. They don't do low/high season changes so it looks to stay that way. Maybe to do with the opening of the new SeaMe Spring of the same group?

We as a group have stayed at Sandy Springs over the last 7 years and often visit Pattaya 4 times a year. This trip has been spent in another hotel on Soi Diana and our breakfast has still been enjoyed at the Sportsman and our starter pint at Wonderful bar 2 and Tim’s. It is a real shame as the staff are great but clearly the management are a bunch of greedy bastards basing the market now on Russian tourism. I just hope they are right because we will not be back at those prices. :stargate003:

Edited by tourasia

Since I like the location and the hotel, I will stay there again this summer. I am planning a 51 day trip. This is the second time in a couple of years they have raised the rates.

Has anyone got any photos of the rooms please.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

daveo , the rooms are clean, the furnature is rather tired ! the floors are tiled . sorry i dont have a photo.

i intend staying on your street this september. can you give us a list of accomodation , prices , guest friendly, walk of shame etc for your immediate area ?

the last time that i was there i got one hell of a massage!(two for one , if you know what i mean!)

regards

guiness.. :GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1:

Better view from 5th floor up.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• 5 weeks later...

This is a real blow for me as planning on staying there in about 2 weeks after a couple of days at PBR. always loved the location and it was always very relaxed and no noise. The pool was not brilliant but adequate and felt the extra 500 a night wa stretching from PBR but because of location loved the soi. Can anyone recpmmend another hotel in that Soi with a nice pool. Thanks.

hotel was ok but I did not like it, no good reason but I just get a good feel for a hotel or I do not.

I think there is better now for the money.

:001_Thank_You5:

Dancewatchers rooms (and others) at View Talay 6 next to Central smash SS for views and quality of accomodation for the price.