IGNORED

Where has all the Cooking Oil gone?

Jumbo

I used to buy Rice Kernel Oil for about 50bht in Tescos. Now if there is any it costs twice that!

And all the other Cooking Oils have been sold. The shelves are empty. What is going on? Are they using it all for Gasohol ?

"If you think you can do it, or you think you can't.....You are right!"

Henry Ford.

I used to buy Rice Kernel Oil for about 50bht in Tescos. Now if there is any it costs twice that!

And all the other Cooking Oils have been sold. The shelves are empty. What is going on? Are they using it all for Gasohol ?

There has been more articles on the subject lately. Here's one from Bangkok Post:

http://www.asianewsnet.net/home/news.php?id=16466

Guess the situation will be better with all the TG back home for low season picking palm fruit :D

Edited by Kandinski

I think it is used to make biodiesel rather than gasohol. There was an investigation into whether the processers were hording but it was reported that that was not occurring. For sure someone is manipulating the market. There was plenty of oils in Big C a couple of days ago.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

There has been the occasional post about what would be appropriate gifts to to bring from the West for BG or friends in LOS. Should we be stuffing our bags with bottles of cooking oil ?? :unsure: