IGNORED

Asiana Air sucks balls

Looter

Asiana is fucking me around on my flight....I booked it back in January and yesterday they cancelled the flight from Seoul to Bangkok and rescheduled me a flight that leaves 30 minutes after my flight from Seattle gets to Seoul...not nearly enough time to get off the plane and back through Korean security and then board the other flight before it takes off....so I call them and say this will not do and they tell me that yes they made a mistake and that they would put me up in a hotel for the night and that the next flight would leave 24 hours later....on which they would put me on stand by....so basically they sold me a ticket, cancelled my flight, tried to give me an unsuitable replacement and their remedy is an open ended stay in Seoul until a seat opens up on an undetermied flight....they did say I could have a full refund but if I try to rebook a flight for the same time period now....fucking SONGKRAN....it will be at least $1000 US more than the original ticket....not to mention I have already prepaid for a week at the Queen Vic on Soi 6...anybody got any suggestions other than firebomb Asiana Air Headquarters? (A joke my friends..I am a fat American, not a stupid one...so to speak)

Edited by Looter

call them back and get another person on the phone. Don't get angry but be strong on your demand to get a confirmed seat. If they still won't do it try to get them to book you on Korean Airlines or Thai airways from Seoul to Bangkok

I've been on the ICN to BKK leg and I remember them delaying the departure for passengers connecting from another flight.

Hope it works out for you.

call them back and get another person on the phone. Don't get angry but be strong on your demand to get a confirmed seat. If they still won't do it try to get them to book you on Korean Airlines or Thai airways from Seoul to Bangkok

I should have included that they are going to try and book me on a Thai Airlines flight but being Sonkran, they think it is sold out, I am supposed to call back in the morning...they also gave me the standard "since this is our fault you will be our first priority on the stand by list" rhetoric....

I often fly Asiana between the US and China - I've always had really great service from them. Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I should have included that they are going to try and book me on a Thai Airlines flight but being Sonkran, they think it is sold out, I am supposed to call back in the morning...they also gave me the standard "since this is our fault you will be our first priority on the stand by list" rhetoric....

keep pushing them, there are lot of ways to get to BKK from Seoul for example even if you have to have a layover in Hong Kong.

tell them you can't stay in a hotel in Seoul you have to be in BKK on the day you want for a wedding or some other bullshit, or try to leave a day earlier than you are planning

keep pushing them, there are lot of ways to get to BKK from Seoul for example even if you have to have a layover in Hong Kong.

tell them you can't stay in a hotel in Seoul you have to be in BKK on the day you want for a wedding or some other bullshit, or try to leave a day earlier than you are planning

I am happy to report that I finally got my confirmed seat to get to Bangkok. I would like to repeat however that Asiana still SUCKS BALLS and that after this trip , that airline is on my black list and in my opinion should be on all of your black lists as well.I have endured far too much stress with all of this and *I* have had to constantly reach out to *THEM* and they have been anything but proactive in getting this issue resolved, even after they have catagorically admitted across the board that this is an issue of their own making. I am having to spend a night in Seoul...which is not so bad, I have never been there so I will make the best of it and see what there is to see in one night. The whole situation is still very poor business on their part.

Did they cancel the midnight flight and have you arriving 30 minutes before the 10:05?

If so I wouldn't give up on making that connection. See if they can put you in one of those golf carts and hustle you to the connection especially if there are more than just you needing to connect.

Did they cancel the midnight flight and have you arriving 30 minutes before the 10:05?

If so I wouldn't give up on making that connection. See if they can put you in one of those golf carts and hustle you to the connection especially if there are more than just you needing to connect.

actually it was an 20:10 flight they cancelled and had me rescheduled for a 18:20 flight when my flight from Seattle arrives in Seoul at 17:50...no bueno. They do not have another flight that goes out until the next day....I want to write their CEO and tell him or her how much their airlines sucks

Edited by Looter

they will probably put you in a hotel near the airport which is far from the main action but if you have time check out Itaewon for some night life.

i would still keep researching maybe another airline has a flight that night from Seoul you can catch, keep asking