Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Australian

Bush Pig

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia: one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no Desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, Canadian and American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths !

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

Oh dear, the election must be happening soon!!!!

Moved to the news forum where it belongs.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Isn't saying that, in itself , undemocratic?

If the core basis of democracy is the right of the individual or group in society to bring about ANY change by peaceful democratic means in the will of the MAJORITY, using persuasion and argument, then surely to limit that will into certain parameters makes democracy self defeating in its argument for ethical existence!

Or is democracy itself just an illusion and a way of making us accept control of our will and action ?

I knew I shouldn't have got on my '1984' mind set . I've gone all political again ! It brought back memories of my youth! :GiveBeer1:

I still think the Aussie was right though ! :)

Bush Pig, where did this source of information come from?

Is there a link you can provide?

Cheers

Cheers

Sorry A/J (No hab) I cut and pasted it from an email sent to me from Oz.

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

Blah Blah Blah.......next

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Cheers

Hint: to find material such as this copy the first sentence or so and paste it into a search engine. I did that with this and come up with plenty of hints. I didn't bother clicking on any of them.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Well that was a good read. I have been on the front line war with extremists for the last year. Let me tell you they do not respect you, your beliefs, or your religion they WILL KILL YOU they personally tell me that daily. Don't kid yourself that some of the extremists intend to live in tolerance of you and your beliefs.

i agree with the OP.i'm an american and we are a democracy,but if we were to do that maybe we would'nt have had 2 bldgs. dropped.i did my tour of duty in the early 70s and i believe people should be able to come here and pursue the dream.but i also believe that they should fit in and adapt and leave there message of hate elseware.

This was big news about 6 months ago when it was first reported.

Rah Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah.

I heard this was happening in Canada and Australia at the moment, also heard that some states in Canada have actually adopted Sharia law aswell but was only a rumour so cannot be sure. I agree in the sense that a countrys inhabitants should not have to adapt to the immigrants way of life, but it should happen vice versa (immigrants to adapt to a countrys way of life). Especially when talking about something as violent and brutal as Sharia law. I think the policy should remain, "if you dont like it, #### off" I believe that this may be an issue in Britain at some point in future years as i know people of Muslim origin who believe Sharia law should be established, i hope this does not happen very much.

Edited by rockhard
Profanity removed

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, Canadian and American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths !

Exactly the type of xenophobic nationalistic BS guaranteed to incite. I guess down in Brazil the Muslims would be screaming to take down that gigantic statue of Jesus on Sugarloaf Mtn.

Aussies - blame your idiotic dual citizenship laws. Kwazy. Once you make them citizens you will never kick them out legally.

As for the US & Canada. We have a firm grip on the situation. The minority is never gonna make the rules for the majority.

Where it IS out of control is Britian where (with apologies to deadman) you have these gigantic Muslim enclaves like Bradford. Sadly the genie is already out of the bottle there.

This is just rhetoric from a government who will be going to the polls in the near future. Their chances of getting re-elected on rational issues is next to nothing. It appears they will be using the same tactics as they did last prior to the last election (that time it was terrorism from abroad.) Their aim is to keep the masses scared. Scared people don't want change.

IMO this is aimed at a very small percentage of the Muslims in Australia. For their own interests the government would like people to think that the situation is much worst than it really is.

BTW there is nothing wrong with our dual nationality laws. They suit me just fine... :D

i agree with the OP.i'm an american and we are a democracy,but if we were to do that maybe we would'nt have had 2 bldgs. dropped.i did my tour of duty in the early 70s and i believe people should be able to come here and pursue the dream.but i also believe that they should fit in and adapt and leave there message of hate elseware.

The problem with your analogy is that the alleged 9/11 hijackers were not US citizens they were almost entirely Saudi. Also an inconvenient detail that you won't hear about on the mainstream media is that at least four and maybe more of the "hijackers" are still alive. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1559151.stm http://www.the7thfire.com/Politics%20and%2...still_alive.htm

I heard this was happening in Canada and Australia at the moment, also heard that some states in Canada have actually adopted Sharia law aswell but was only a rumour so cannot be sure.

Sounds like more of that nonsense that spews out of the mouths of Fatso Limbaugh and Moron O'Reilly. It takes more than a group of people, even if they become the majority, to over turn a country's entire constitution.

This is just rhetoric from a government who will be going to the polls in the near future. Their chances of getting re-elected on rational issues is next to nothing. It appears they will be using the same tactics as they did last prior to the last election (that time it was terrorism from abroad.) Their aim is to keep the masses scared. Scared people don't want change.

IMO this is aimed at a very small percentage of the Muslims in Australia. For their own interests the government would like people to think that the situation is much worst than it really is.

I see that you guys have learned from the US right wing fear monger playbook. Giuliani can barely get a sentence out without mentioning terrorism or 9/11. God do I hope he get's the nomination, his life is a train wreck.

Edited by BassGod

Well that was a good read. I have been on the front line war with extremists for the last year. Let me tell you they do not respect you, your beliefs, or your religion they WILL KILL YOU they personally tell me that daily. Don't kid yourself that some of the extremists intend to live in tolerance of you and your beliefs.

You'd feel the same if they'd invaded your country and started killing people.

Wow your that hardcore you came on a LOS monger site to get your point across. I dread to think what will happen once the soap box comes out. :Party1:

The problem with your analogy is that the alleged 9/11 hijackers were not US citizens they were almost entirely Saudi. Also an inconvenient detail that you won't hear about on the mainstream media is that at least four and maybe more of the "hijackers" are still alive. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1559151.stm http://www.the7thfire.com/Politics%20and%2...still_alive.htm

Sounds like more of that nonsense that spews out of the mouths of Fatso Limbaugh and Moron O'Reilly. It takes more than a group of people, even if they become the majority, to over turn a country's entire constitution.

I see that you guys have learned from the US right wing fear monger playbook. Giuliani can barely get a sentence out without mentioning terrorism or 9/11. God do I hope he get's the nomination, his life is a train wreck.

An excellent point. How do you explain what happened at the Pentagon though?

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard,

Forgive me if im wrong but i can't never remember a time when he was the PM.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Forgive me if im wrong but i can't never remember a time when he was the PM.

He is the current Australian PM... :Party1: ...and we forgive you.

An excellent point. How do you explain what happened at the Pentagon though?

There is a documentary called "In Plane Site" That covers the Pentagon.

Edited by BassGod

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody confirm if the original post is actually a true story?

I've got a strong suspicion that it's just another piece of internet bullshit. :Finger4:

MONKEYWATCH - The Truth Is In There