IGNORED

Teeth Whitening options

gottaluvthegirls

G'day all

Heading back to Patt's May 1st...can't wait...looking to get my green teeth whitened....I see Dentist@Beach in Central Festival offer this LED option for 3,900bht...1-2 hours all done...sounds quick and easy and certainly cheap enough...anyone had this done, or any thoughts on this option as opposed to the tray/gel method ??

http://www.dentistbeach.com/teeth_whitening.htm

2. LED technology (Light Emitting Diode)

This traditional in-office teeth whitening is widely used for decades. It is proved to be very efficient method to whiten patient teeth and still being used worldwide by dental professionals. Dentists will use curing light to activate bleaching gel such as Opalescence, Nite White, Day White, Nupro Gold or Achromasia for 2-3 times; 30 minutes each times. Your teeth will become whiter in 1-2 hours at Pattaya dental practice.

I had the laser teeth whitening done. Sat there for an hour, the teeth were bright as hell (due to dehydration) for a week. After about 10 days they went 50% of the brightness.

i had lazer done last time

its a bit more expensive than the uv one(i think thats the other one)

it gives you 3 shades whiter but they dont recomend you drink beer or coke or eat curries for a few days

otherwise your waisting your time and money.i drank beer though a straw :GoldenSmile1:

was very happy with the results

i'll be giving it a try, i've not heard any bad episodes from here

I had it done at the same place,Excellent staff,very professional.In and out in an hour

Had it done there a couple of days ago and very happy with the results.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have been here (Dentist@beach). The teeth whitening worked, only took an hour or so and even the dentist's are very friendly :GoldenSmile1:

I havnt been to any other dentists in Pats, so i cant compare it to any others, but id recommend it!

Had the laser jobby done... and my only word of warning is if you have sensitive teeth... well... there is some pain.. I have sensitive teeth, and while it was being done and afterwards it hurt like a bitch.. but not all the time... if you get breeze, or even your breath, whistling thru your teeth, the pain can be excruciating... cold fluids will do it as well.. They offered me some pain killing gel as I left the seat, and I thought nah I dont need it.. I am here to tell ya.. I NEEDED IT lol.. walked out of the surgery part of the office into a different A/C and holy shit it hurt.. my knees literally buckled.. kid you not.. this went on for about 4 days afterwards.. you had no warning, just a shooting pain in any one of your teeth..

But in the end I think it was well worth it... my teeth now look fine.. and no longer hurt

Had the laser jobby done... and my only word of warning is if you have sensitive teeth... well... there is some pain.. I have sensitive teeth, and while it was being done and afterwards it hurt like a bitch.. but not all the time... if you get breeze, or even your breath, whistling thru your teeth, the pain can be excruciating... cold fluids will do it as well.. They offered me some pain killing gel as I left the seat, and I thought nah I dont need it.. I am here to tell ya.. I NEEDED IT lol.. walked out of the surgery part of the office into a different A/C and holy shit it hurt.. my knees literally buckled.. kid you not.. this went on for about 4 days afterwards.. you had no warning, just a shooting pain in any one of your teeth..

But in the end I think it was well worth it... my teeth now look fine.. and no longer hurt

hmmm, interesting !.....dave01, can you confirm if the laser job you had is the same as the LED treatment i quoted in the thread header : sorry to be vague, but i have sensitive teeth also, and definitely don't wanna waste any of my precious days in paradise suffering with aching teeth !!

TIA

They will offer you some pain pills, which I think are just ibuprofen. I didn't need them, but if you think you will, take them.

I have considered getting some type of teeth-whitening for some years now. But I have hesitated since I've read that by doing it your teeth might become very sensitive after and from what I understood it might not go away, ever.

Is that a misunderstanding from my part? Or maybe it depends on the type of whitening you get?

Hmm, maybe just get a bottle of whiskey before and never stop drinking. But then I have to wait until I can retire in Pattaya ;)

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

Mine were sensitive for 24 hours and then everything was fine.

i had lazer done last time

its a bit more expensive than the uv one(i think thats the other one)

it gives you 3 shades whiter but they dont recomend you drink beer or coke or eat curries for a few days

otherwise your waisting your time and money.i drank beer though a straw :GoldenSmile1:

was very happy with the results

Like your style bro :GoldenSmile1:

hmmm, interesting !.....dave01, can you confirm if the laser job you had is the same as the LED treatment i quoted in the thread header : sorry to be vague, but i have sensitive teeth also, and definitely don't wanna waste any of my precious days in paradise suffering with aching teeth !!

TIA

Hey... All I can tell ya is that they blindfold you... put some brace in tour mouth to hold it open and place something between your teeth to keep your mouth open.. they pack your mouth with cotton wool buds to avoid your tongue being burned by laser... and then something moves around your mouth individually cleaning the teeth.. generally it is pretty uncomfortable.. aside from the sensitive teeth, i ended up with an aching jaw.. having said that, the jaw thing lasted a couple of hours ... it took 3 x 15 minute treatments over about an hour... I have to honestly say, that prior to that treatment I was unaware that I had even remotely sensitive teeth... so maybe it was the treatment that made my teeth sensitive, but they are ok now... I would do it again... but I now know that there is a wee bit of discomfort involved... the sensitive teeth thing lasted a few days, but the bursts of pain whilst intense, became further and further apart... till finally they were gone altogether

Good luck with it... I am happy with mine

I got mine done in Sydney, but it was through bleach and mouthguards which I had to wear for a few nights whilst I slept.

No issues, No Pain, Good Result. (thought cost almost 4 times as much as 3900Baht)

was talk of possible sensitivity, but didn't feel any pain at all.

I know it's not what the OP was saying, but I posted just to give another treatment option in Farangland

Went to Pattaya 26 times in 3 years, and now back in Farangland married to a girl I met on my second trip I miss the mateship that I developed in my time in Pattaya, and a lot of Addicts boys are a part of that. Not a big forum user these days but like to look in now and then