IGNORED

Secrets hotel

bigtom

Have stayed there previously on my first trip. Agree with previous responses that the rooms are clean but spartan.

I'm a very light sleeper and the noise from the doors of other peoples rooms banging at all hours, plus the noise from outside the Soi (nearby traffic), resulted in zero sleep for me and the TG, so moved out the next day.

The bar is very good though a little pricey. A lot of nice looking ladies there and the place has great AC. Location is great. If only I wasn't such a light sleeper I'd stay there everytime.

I can understand why the girls are given a shot of alcohol (not agreeing its right)but can't understand why they don't give them a shot of something more palletable than Tequila.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

• 1 month later...

SITE THAT SAYS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF ALL REVIEW

I decided to book the hotel Secrets for my next trip in June, but in internet I found this site:

http://secretspattayahotelbarforum.com

There are reviews that describe the hotel as a dump full of cockroaches, dirty, with unfriendly staff. Last but not least: would not be allowed to rise in the rooms other than the local girls attached.

TripAdvisor and other forums I read the review that expressed the exact opposite (cleanliness, courtesy, and free entry for girls).

I would not risk it!

What is reality?

I decided to book the Hotel Secrets for my next trip in June, but in internet I found this site:

There are reviews that describe the hotel as a dump full of cockroaches, dirty, with unfriendly staff. Last but not least: would not be allowed to rise in the rooms other than the local girls attached.

TripAdvisor and other forums I read the review that expressed the exact opposite (cleanliness, courtesy, and free entry for girls).

I would not risk it!

What is reality?

For some reason Secrets attracts a number of anti-Secrets posters/postings on the web many of whom have personal grudges against the place or its staff. I have no idea how genuine their grievances may be, but would imagine Secrets' high profile, and particularly as it runs its own Pattaya Forum, only increases any bad feelings.

Personally I find Larry a great and generous host, the food is good, I don't find the drinks over-priced and, most importantly, it has a friendly atmosphere and there are usually some attractive girls around. I've never stayed in the hotel though as I'm a Pattaya Bay Resort man.

I used to be a member of Secrets and yes I did my share of advertising my business as I do here, one evening I went on there and about 12 of the first 20 posts were about fish and chips, I had a laugh by7 adding a few daft bits, nothing malicious just a bit of fun,

for example where there was not a mention of fish and chips I asked "how are your fish and chips etc.

I was permanently barred, no explanation just barred, they could have pm'ed me and said Dave dont be a twat but nope, just barred for life, a mod from there told me that I was not getting back on due to someone close to the owners who didn't like my area, I know who it is now and thought if that's as low as the stoop then fine.

before then I did my bit as I do with addicts in offering some discounts at times to members and I had a link to them on my website and in the guest rooms and in every book that passes through the bookshop so I did my bit and for a very cheap reason I was kicked off.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I used to be a member of Secrets and yes I did my share of advertising my business as I do here, one evening I went on there and about 12 of the first 20 posts were about fish and chips, I had a laugh by7 adding a few daft bits, nothing malicious just a bit of fun,

for example where there was not a mention of fish and chips I asked "how are your fish and chips etc.

I was permanently barred, no explanation just barred, they could have pm'ed me and said Dave dont be a twat but nope, just barred for life, a mod from there told me that I was not getting back on due to someone close to the owners who didn't like my area, I know who it is now and thought if that's as low as the stoop then fine.

before then I did my bit as I do with addicts in offering some discounts at times to members and I had a link to them on my website and in the guest rooms and in every book that passes through the bookshop so I did my bit and for a very cheap reason I was kicked off.

I like to think that Secrets the bar/hotel and the Secrets Forum are different entities even if there are some guys common to both and the Forum is obviously an advertising tool for the bar.

Seems strange for you to be barred for such a inconsequential reason but there are lots of other Pattaya Forums. Have you tried Pattaya Live?

LOL, Yes I tried Live but had some paint drying which was more invigorating............5687_2844_stupid-philip-rivers-face.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Guys, I have been staying at Secrets for YEARS!!!!!!!! Nearly every trip I begin with 2-5 nights at this great spot.

Let me assure you...I AM A CLEAN FREAK...and this place is spotless...every stay, every room...PERIOD. Never have seen 1 bug...and if I had, I would move out, period. Its a phobia of mine.

1) Staff very friendly and helpful.

2) Rooms are modern, clean, spacious but spartan (though Ive paid 3x as much for an even more spartan room in Europe).

3) For the level of room, you simply can not beat 895Baht/night, IF you want to be 1/2 block from Walking Street. It is directly across from the Grand hotel, which is also very nice, but significantly more baht. If on a budget, and wanting to be ON Walking Street (almost), Secrets IS the place. IF you want to be up by LKMetro, there are places priced even better with similar accomodations...it just depends on what end of town you wish to be near.

Yes, like most places, if you are light sleeper, either the bar, the street or your floor neighbors will likely bother you. But, I am here now...I have been staying 3 nights so far, and I have slept like a baby (usually crash around 4am after sending my ST on her way)...and I rise for breakfast around 11am.

Only 2 downsides...no swimming pool and no elevator. As I only stay here my first few nights and then move on to the PBR which has a rooftop pool, no worries. And, I always ask for and get a room only 1 flight up, so no worries there either.

Dan and Larry run a very nice guest house/hotel. I am NOT, nor have I ever been a member of the Secrets Forum...nor do I plan on it...I only have so much time for the web, and PA is my choice.

If you read my posts, you know I don't pull any punches or kiss anyone's ass (other than cute gogo girls)...this IS a good spot to rest up IF on a budget and the pool/elevator thing is of no worry to you.

The gogo attached does have some cuties...the food is good (not great, but good) and prices are on par with other similar a/c western focused eateries.

Hope this helps...Alex

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

I decided to book the Hotel Secrets for my next trip in June, but in internet I found this site:

I would not risk it!

What is reality?

This website seems to be by the same people as made the Anti Addicts page - it is identical in look and feel at least. I will check out the page ownershipo, that should confirm it.

We know who made the anti addicts page and it is very likely the same people. They are pissed off that their business constantly gets bad reviews on all the forums and these pages are their somewhat pathetic way of hitting back. When we were asked to remove certain threads/posts we DID remove some (as we believed they were untrue) but they also demanded we removed ALL posts which we refused to do as we knew many were correct.

As they invented EVERYTHING on their "anti addicts" site I think it is safe to say they have invented every single part of this site too.

Please keep ALL discussion on here about the Bar and Guesthouse - issues with the Secrets Forum are irrelevant.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Guys, I have been staying at Secrets for YEARS!!!!!!!! Nearly every trip I begin with 2-5 nights at this great spot.

Let me assure you...I AM A CLEAN FREAK...and this place is spotless...every stay, every room...PERIOD. Never have seen 1 bug...and if I had, I would move out, period. Its a phobia of mine.

1) Staff very friendly and helpful.

2) Rooms are modern, clean, spacious but spartan (though Ive paid 3x as much for an even more spartan room in Europe).

3) For the level of room, you simply can not beat 895Baht/night, IF you want to be 1/2 block from walking street. It is directly across from the Grand Hotel, which is also very nice, but significantly more baht. If on a budget, and wanting to be ON walking street (almost), Secrets IS the place. IF you want to be up by LKMetro, there are places priced even better with similar accomodations...it just depends on what end of town you wish to be near.

Yes, like most places, if you are light sleeper, either the bar, the street or your floor neighbors will likely bother you. But, I am here now...I have been staying 3 nights so far, and I have slept like a baby (usually crash around 4am after sending my ST on her way)...and I rise for breakfast around 11am.

Only 2 downsides...no swimming pool and no elevator. As I only stay here my first few nights and then move on to the PBR which has a rooftop pool, no worries. And, I always ask for and get a room only 1 flight up, so no worries there either.

Dan and Larry run a very nice guest house/hotel. I am NOT, nor have I ever been a member of the Secrets Forum...nor do I plan on it...I only have so much time for the web, and PA is my choice.

Hope this helps...Alex

I've only been there once, but IMHO Alex has nailed it. I concur with all his pros and cons.

-Noob

I actually like the place. Mainly, just for the change of pace.

My wife and I go there for dinner sometimes.

i stayed at Secrets hotel 2 weeks , overall the hotel is ok , the bar is relaxing.

larry was very helpful and so some mamasans , but not all.. ( sometimes a drunk mamasan can be pain in the ass )

but i will not stay again there,

but never say never again :-)

p.s.

i forgot the hotel is near sapphires , that i liked most :-)

Edited by arambol001

Whoever wrote that must have had a very bad experience.. Most of what was said is completely not true..I have stayed there at least 4 or 5 times and have never seen a roach..I have a slight phobia to roaches lol. If you want my honest review please search my post.. I am going to stay at at Grand hotel for the second time in October. I chose it over Secrets because it is a lot quieter. I think i was on the 9th floor and it was super quiet. Last time I stayed at Secrets I had a problem with the bed. My back was killing me because of some hard spot on the bed. I hope the water pressure is better this time around at Grand hotel and I am giving up 24 hour room cleaning that I was getting at Secrets. I would not tolerate rudeness at the front desk, and I brought plenty of girls back with NEVER a problem.

quote name='tagete' timestamp='1306614646' post='1236977']

I decided to book the hotel Secrets for my next trip in June, but in internet I found this site:

I would not risk it!

What is reality?

So there is a lot talked about the hotel here but has anyone stayed at the villa? They say it's only 10-15 mins from Walking Street but is that walking there or by car?

• 2 months later...

I think this is why I love this forum, I too saw that slating review of Secrets & it put me right off. It is so refreshing to be able to come to a forum that cuts through the bullshit.

Thanks for the information guys, I may stay there next visit.

I do think the concerns of cockroaches & getting stung for Ladydrinks constantly would have put anyone off.

I think this is why I love this forum, I too saw that slating review of Secrets & it put me right off. It is so refreshing to be able to come to a forum that cuts through the bullshit.

Thanks for the information guys, I may stay there next visit.

I do think the concerns of cockroaches & getting stung for Ladydrinks constantly would have put anyone off.

Yep, any such reports are TOTAL BULLSHIT.

This is a well-kept, well-run facility, PERIOD. And this is FIRST HAND, informed reporting as I stay there nearly EVERY trip for a couple/few days.

I don't barfine from the bar (that I can recall), but as a "crash pad" its great...and, if you like doing a lot of ST from the Walking Street area, at 895B/night...hell, you can use it as your own private ST loom (in addition to having a nicer/full-service hotel further away for LT). I have done just that on trips past.

Cheers, Alex

• 5 months later...

I stayed there for a few nights a couple of years ago. The place is very clean and the staff very courteous. The management is very friendly. A safe and convenient place for a noob. The offer for tequila shots from the mamasans late at night can be a bit of a bother though all is in good humour. The girls are good and some of them are rather sexy too. Food is good and reasonable. Negotiating the narrow stairs can be a problem. Though their taxi service is not cheap is very good. On the way back to the airport I was driven by a very sexy lady driver, but since I was returning did not bother if she would be interested. I was told that if one persists some of the staff with red ID tags can also be barfined, if they are not too busy at the bar. I LT an amazing 40 year old woman named Nadear for a few days. She was very good in bed and she looked like she was 30. She was very clean and her pussy smelt really sweet. Great GFE and good company to explore the area around. On the last night took one of the coyote dancers recommended by a mamasan. Don't recollect her name. She was cute but had overpowering BO. Above all a convenient, clean and decent place. Have recommended it to a few friends and none had any problems.

Been here and it was good. Nice lady´s and good food.

Don´t know how about these days. Because my last visit was few years ago.

I think have to go check it up again.