Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What's the deal with obese people on planes?

Session

Are any airlines starting to more proactively enforce the 2 seat rule for the 60% of Americans who are overweight? I seem to be getting violated/smothered by morbidly obese passengers at an increasing rate in coach (which I'm sure is by coincidence, but very irksome nonetheless).

I feel like this is the airline's fault for not regulating the situation and that in the cases where I have been very uncomfortable, I deserve compensation.

There is always someone worse off than yourself.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• discoman

• Texas Skibum

• jcp7620

• bigaallaann

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel like this is the airline's fault for not regulating the situation and that in the cases where I have been very uncomfortable, I deserve compensation.

Fat chance.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

As a fat person, I can honestly say that its just as bad for them as you, I don't fly much but when I do I will upgrade to first class whenever possible. Even if you got two seats to yourself being a fat person in coach isn't a picnic. I'd bet that a lot of obese people would just buy a first class ticket if the regular priced (not the ultra superduper platinum skymiles i live out of hotels) rates where not like ten times the price of a coach ticket. I mean really, does the first class seat really take up that much more space on the airplane??? Nope, they just jack those rates up to keep the "regular" folks out of those seats so they can give them away to frequent flyers and the like, most of which are probably buying the ticket on corporate expenses anyhow.

Now before anyone starts in with the "just go on a diet fatass" or "go for a 15 min walk per day" remarks, well if you think is that simple don't you think that everyone would be doing it? The real reason there are so many fat people is because of all the crap they put in the food and all these bullshit "low fat" diet plans that are setting people up for failure. It's all some game that corporations are playing with you (and your health) to separate you from your money. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if McDonalds owned a bunch of shares in Weightwatchers, so they could get you coming and going. Then there is the gross negligence of many doctors to properly diagnose issues like insulin resistance and thyroid disorders, I could go on but I don't want to hijack the thread with my ranting.

"I want to take you into that bedroom, lock the door, throw you on the bed, take off your clothes with my teeth and give you a go-round like you've never had."

Herman "Duck" Phillips

I,m skinny...

anyone want to share a seat?

2 for the price of 1 deal :Grin_Jump1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

As fat people wight more they should pay an increased air fair as ther plane will require more fuel to reach its destination.

Skinny people like me should recieve a discount

okay if you get a discount for sitting next to a fatty like me, then i want one for sitting next to obnoxious people or stinky people, or drunk people. Most of us fattys try and keep to our seat, but come on, can the airlines make them any smaller.. once again blame the person and not the company that tries to cram in as many seats as is possible..

:LMAO1::Bravo1:

Fat chance.

Edited by furryman

As an overweight but not obese guy I gotta say that anyone that goes on with this bullshit of wanting big passengers paying double then I want a section without drunk skinny yobs acting like idiots or babies that scream for the whole flight.Where does it end.

How about this

Why don't the people bitching about there seats go pay for first class and leave us bigger guys to enjoy the row without idiots like you.

Unfortunately you take your chances when you book coach. Screaming kids, lager louts can normally be coped with by a good pair of earplugs / headphones + ipad but getting squashed for 11 hours because you are wedged between two very overweight people ain't much fun either. Just pray you get an upgrade or can choose an aisle seat or that there are some free seats.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

As an overweight but not obese guy I gotta say that anyone that goes on with this bullshit of wanting big passengers paying double then I want a section without drunk skinny yobs acting like idiots or babies that scream for the whole flight.Where does it end.

How about this

Why don't the people bitching about there seats go pay for first class and leave us bigger guys to enjoy the row without idiots like you.

I fly allot during a year, I have experienced more than once overweight persons occupying parts of my seat.

Why should they not pay for two seats when one is not enough?

If I bring 20kg of extra baggage I have to pay extra for it as overweight, everyone seems to understand that if the baggage limit is 20kg and you still bring 40kg you have to pay extra for it.

If a person occupies more than the space he has paid for it is logical that he should pay for an extra seat since he cant fit in one seat.

or you could buy two seats and not sit with anyone next to you.... :Moon2:

I fit perfectly in one seat without occupying parts of the seat next to me, so its no need for me to buy two seats.

As long as it is only me sitting in "my" seat I have not any problems with overweight people, but as I stated earlier sometimes they fill up parts of my seat and then it is my right to complain and speak my mind.

As fat people wight more they should pay an increased air fair as ther plane will require more fuel to reach its destination.

Skinny people like me should recieve a discount

what a stupid response!

Why are you saying we Americans are all obese?

There are plenty of statistics supporting the contention that Americans are at the top of the average weight ranks. Personally, I try not to blame the overweight as they are going to be uncomfortable themselves and are generally appologetic for the interference to others.

I get annoyed with the people that are unwilling to share the common arm rests and have their elbows in my face while reading the paper. And lets not forget the ladies that are so attached to their purses that they have to perch them up in the seats and on the armrests.

Last trip i did with Air Asia X. I'm certainly not a big guy at all 32-34 inch waist and I tell you there wasn't a lot of spare room in my seat. They seem to be made for small Asian Asses and I'd feel sorry for any obese person as I wouldn't imagine it would be a very comfortable flight

Hey, lay off the Yanks, Australia has great concern over it's increasingly obese population too!!smile.gif

I think you have a couple of factors in play here with regard to airline seating. Truly, as the population has grown less physically active and poor diet has become more prevalent, the tendency to pile on the kilos has grown. Then take a look at the airlines themselves. To increase passenger content seating size has become smaller (as anyone who used to fly 45 years ago will know). Bigger people and smaller seats = overflow factor.

Like any other form of communal transport, you will sometimes end up in a situation that is less than acceptable to you personally on a flight. It may be a bulky person sitting next to you, a totally fuelled up drunk, the classic screaming/stinking baby, whatever. Most airlines will gracefully allow you to change your seat if the plane isn't completely full, just ask politely. If you can't move, well, it may be annoying, but I'm sure the 'larger person' sitting next to you is as embarrassed as you are angry.

Me, skinny as a rake, lucky genetics. Do I get annoyed if I'm being encroached on? Sure I do, but try to "grin and bear it" as best I can.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

i think i recall an passenger recieving compensation of 10's of thousands of dollers a few years back on an united airline flight for been squashed up against the window. i just say put all the fatties in the hold, plenty of room to spread out there!!!!!! at the end of the day, the seats are made for average person, and if your a fatty and using my seat space as well then it is i who should get the upgrade, because otherwise its rewarding fattness, talk about dangling a cake/carrot on a stick!!!!!

Seems I don't get my money's worth.....I need to put on more weight!

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

What is the bench mark you are using for obese. Half the England rugby team are obese if you use BMI chart.

Just thought I would ask.

In the UK its now against the law to serve booze to drunk people in pubs.

Why is McDonald's still allowed to serve fat people?? :rolleyes:

The real reason there are so many fat people is because of all the crap they put in the food and all these bullshit "low fat" diet plans that are setting people up for failure.

Do you eat that food and is it this type of food that has made you 'fat'?

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif