IGNORED

Jet Airways - Airline of the Year?

Edge

Sorry if it's there already, but it won't search 'Jet'.

I'm about to book a return flight from BKK-LHR and the TA is offering me an almost too good to be true price with the Indian airline Jet Airways.

I know a guy on here who has flown with them and I asked him what they were like.

He said "Jet Airways IMO the best airline in the sky......5 trips with Jet, and no real problems".

Knowing that he is a bit of a wind-up merchant and maybe owes me one, I thought I ought to have a look.

I've just been reading these reviews and I wondered if anyone out there could confirm my 'friend's' assessment.

I did notice that these reviews were from Indian travellers, who just might be being kind. :Think1:

London-Bangkok, Singapore-London, stopovers in Mumbai. Mumbai to Bangkok was very old plane, uncomfy and felt like a tin can. Would not recommend if there is an alternative. Staff okay but not that friendly, fleet and comfort below average. Food poor.

BKK-BOM-LHR, an awful journey home. Our pre allocated seats was given out on both flights, meal service given with no drinks. If you wanted a drink you had to find a flight attendant who was sitting down doing nothing. No drinks given after the meal. The plane was dirty and dirty nappies left in the washrooms. We have been with Jet before but never again after this nightmare journey home. The cabin crew was too young to cope with the number of passengers on the plane.

What a dreadful experience! This was my eighth flight with Jet Airways and they have progressively got worse. The food was dreadful, the FAs might as well not been there for all the good they were. IFE was the same on all four flight LHR to BKK via BOM - to cap it all we were delayed for two hours at Mumbai with no explanation. I will be going back to Qatar Airways or Etihad and paying a bit more for my flights.

LHR-DEL. Check-in at Heathrow was painful, waiting for over an hour. When my turn came, I was frustrated to find my pre-allocated seat had been given out. When I asked why given that I had checked in online, I was told because I had arrived late. I was at the check-in counter two hours prior to departure and given the waiting time had actually arrived three hours prior to departure - staff found me an aisle seat in the very last row close to the toilets. Boeing 777-300 reasonably clean on boarding and excellent seating comfort. LCD screens were large however the touch screen functions were very unresponsive. The let down however was the cabin crew - immature, incompetent and totally inefficient. The night meal service took over three hours and crew seemed unable to comply with basic requests such as a glass of white wine with the meal. Coffee served without any creamers on the trays. The tray clearance was slow. The crew constantly spilled trays and cups on the floor and the cabin was filthy three hours into the flight. During the flight, the crew hid in the galley and did not bother to address noisy passengers who were disturbing the entire cabin on a night flight in spite of several requests from passengers. They did not bother closing the curtains from the galleys meaning a sleepless night for passengers in the back row. Call buttons were not attended for up to 2 hours and then all of a sudden three separate crew members were would wake you up at three different times from your sleep asking if you had pressed the call button. It is the shambolic service levels by the staff that seem to be letting them down. I will now choose other carriers that offer better connectivity and a more standardized level of service.

etc etc etc

Source HERE

Sounds perfect for you Edge, get that booking done pronto before all the good seats are takenGoldenSmile1.gif.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Sounds perfect for you Edge, get that booking done pronto before all the good seats are takenGoldenSmile1.gif.

Cheers

Perthie

:001_Thank_You5: - I think?

The price is perfect, but the rest of it sounds like it would make for a slightly different sort of TR. :Circle_Sharks:

:001_Thank_You5: - I think?

The price is perfect, but the rest of it sounds like it would make for a slightly different sort of TR. :Circle_Sharks:

TR title - "Nightmare at 36,000 feet"GoldenSmile1.gif.

I guess if it's cheap enough then the lack of service might just be acceptable, the question is, if their booking service and in-flight care is that cheap and shoddy, how good is the aircraft maintenance????

Stay safe!!

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

TR title - "Nightmare at 36,000 feet"GoldenSmile1.gif.

I guess if it's cheap enough then the lack of service might just be acceptable, the question is, if their booking service and in-flight care is that cheap and shoddy, how good is the aircraft maintenance????

Stay safe!!

Perthie

I know. From the reviews it sounds like the planes are knocking on a bit.

300 quid saving is nice, but not if I'm going to need parachute lessons - as if they'd have any lol.

I've flown with Jet twice.Both times the in-flight crew were great,planes were good,food was good,basically I couldn't fault my time on the planes.

All the problems I had concerned the ground staff at BKK and especially Mumbai,that place was a joke,an absolute fooking shambles,the worst airport I've ever come across in my life.Now maybe they've sorted the place out a bit but that place was the main reason I haven't flown with Jet again.

Up to you Edge,personally I'd be tempted to try them again if the price is as good as you're saying,my shitty experience was 3 years ago,maybe Mumbai has improved ??

the airline does have a good reputation but i think the problem is the connection in India.

reg to edge, first of all i feel offended that you have described me as a wind up merchant, i dont know what has given you that idea.

seriously pal, i wasnt joking, every time i come to pattaya i look to fly with jet. great planes, great service. as you know i flew air india a few months ago, not thats a different matter, always late, crap service shite planes, ife crap. in 5 flights with jet airways, i have never flown late. i tell a lie, i flew 3 hours late a few years ago (the day the whole of heathrow was grounded practically for snow). only a handful of flights went and mine was one of them. not only that, after flying 3 hours late i still made my connection in mumbai cos they held the plane up to wait for us, rushed us straight through customs onto our connecting flight.

many people winge about mumbai airport but i can honestly say in 5 trips i have had no real issues, ok its not the most efficient but our waiting time of 2 and a quarter hours has never been extended so whats the problem. delhi on the other hand with air india was a nightmare. like i said i will always look to fly jet air UNLESS another airline undercuts them by at least 100 quid (very rarely happens cos jet are usually the cheapest) or a direct flight comes in at less than 100 quid more. hence the reason i am travelling thai airways in 4 weeks time, jet airways was gonna cost 478 quid and thai came in at 556 quid so i am going with them. obviously going direct is a lot less hassle than stopping off if you can get the right price.

but trust me :GoldenSmile1: jet airways are awesome. would i lie to you. :GoldenSmile1:

in all serousness, if you want your mind put at ease, ask alleycat, he has flown jet airways before and was very impressed, now he isnt a man that would lie. also, a friend of mine has just got back from bkk having flown jet airways, he was concerned like you are but he also commented on how great the airline was, lots of alcohol, good ife etc..etc get it booked pal, you wont be dissapointed.

reg to edge, first of all i feel offended that you have described me as a wind up merchant, ...................

Edge to Reg

I can't think why you think I was talking about you. :GoldenSmile1:

I'm still wondering why all those reviews are so bad and who those Indian guys are used to flying with.

I forgot you asked about Air India a short while ago. I just remembered India.

I guess if I do book it I'd better not tell you until afterwards just in case you are winding me up. :Circle_Sharks:

Edge out...............to Sapphire Party I think.

Must say I have flown Jet a few times and I would highly reccomend them...........Or am I winding you up? :GoldenSmile1:

Naaa..I would book it mate, they really are a good airline IMO. My only negative is that I don't like stopovers. Avoid Air India at all costs though..Apalling in all departments.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

reg to edge, told you alleycat was a fan. now do you believe me :GoldenSmile1: or is he winding you up :GoldenSmile1:

the airline does have a good reputation but i think the problem is the connection in India.

Hit the nail on the head on that one. The airline, plane, etc. is remarkable. It is the connection in India that is hell, but that's only because of the Airport staff, not the Jet airways staff. You'll like the airline, it's definitely a great choice, especially from Mumbai/Delhi to LHR. You won't be sorry.

I have flown Jet twice. Both trips were no problem except Mumbai. We had to pass through security when in transit. Logic? Dunno but it had to be done.

On my first trip out, on the Mumbai to BKK leg, someone else had been issued my prebooked seat.

They saw the error of their ways after a short verbal, and upgraded me to first class.

Happiness restored.

I have no problem going with Jet again, but as BigReg says, I can get a direct flight mid year for £100 more.

No contest.

I have flown Jet twice. Both trips were no problem except Mumbai. We had to pass through security when in transit. Logic? Dunno but it had to be done.

On my first trip out, on the Mumbai to BKK leg, someone else had been issued my prebooked seat.

They saw the error of their ways after a short verbal, and upgraded me to first class.

Happiness restored.

I have no problem going with Jet again, but as BigReg says, I can get a direct flight mid year for £100 more.

No contest.

Thanks. I've booked it now, so I'll just have to take a chill pill for Mumbai, but at least they're short stopovers 1-2 hours (hopefully).

The difference was 200-300 quid, which will help with the car I need to hire.

Are the airports in India really that bad, I'm flying with jet but stopping over in Mumbai and Delhi on way home and the stoves little more than two hours on both trips. Are they easy to get round or do I need to panic. Didn't mind stopping in abudhabi last time as I had eight hours to kill but with short time between flights lol

the airports in india are a bit of a pain but thats all, dont know where all the animosity is coming from, i have been 5 times through mumbai, each time didnt have too many problems, only hung around 2 hours each time and my flight went on time each time..whats the problem?

ok so you get searched by a guy with a gun, doesnt really worry me cos in my job, i am usually the one doing the searching with a gun lol.

• 4 months later...

Hit the nail on the head on that one. The airline, plane, etc. is remarkable. It is the connection in India that is hell, but that's only because of the Airport staff, not the Jet airways staff. You'll like the airline, it's definitely a great choice, especially from Mumbai/Delhi to LHR. You won't be sorry.

the airports in india are a bit of a pain but thats all, dont know where all the animosity is coming from, i have been 5 times through mumbai, each time didnt have too many problems, only hung around 2 hours each time and my flight went on time each time..whats the problem?

ok so you get searched by a guy with a gun, doesnt really worry me cos in my job, i am usually the one doing the searching with a gun lol.

Reg with a gun lol - how scary is that?

Any road up, Jet Airways were fine - good even.

I checked in about 24 hours ahead online so I got the window seats I wanted and dodged the queues as the online counters were working great.

One 40 minute delay on one leg but nothing else went wrong and we were about 30 minutes early arriving.

Food was OK and staff very good.

No problems at all really, except those twats at Mumbai security.

OK, in my case it didn't help that I was carrying 2 lethal weapons in my hand luggage (examined and cleared at LHR) but their attitude to passengers generally is downright obnoxious.

The stopovers aren't bad at 2 hours or less. I was actually glad to get out for a walk, but it adds more than that to the journey time of course, making it more like a total of 17 hours.

The saving was about 300 quid when I booked, which seemed nice, but on balance I would fly direct whenever possible.

I don't know if we had a dignitary aboard, or whether the flight path actually includes a trip up the Thames, but this is what we saw on arrival.

edit-4441.jpg

edit-4442.jpg

edit-4443.jpg

edit-4444.jpg

edit-4447.jpg

edit-4448.jpg

edit-4449.jpg

edit-4450.jpg

I checked in about 24 hours ahead online so I got the window seats I wanted and dodged the queues as the online counters were working great.

One 40 minute delay on one leg but nothing else went wrong and we were about 30 minutes early arriving.

OK, in my case it didn't help that I was carrying 2 lethal weapons in my hand luggage (examined and cleared at LHR) but their attitude to passengers generally is downright obnoxious.

The stopovers aren't bad at 2 hours or less. I was actually glad to get out for a walk, but it adds more than that to the journey time of course, making it more like a total of 17 hours.

The saving was about 300 quid when I booked, which seemed nice, but on balance I would fly direct whenever possible.

I don't know if we had a dignitary aboard, or whether the flight path actually includes a trip up the Thames, but this is what we saw on arrival.

told you so, a bit peeved that you only call jet airways "good" my god man what do you want. first class airline. mumbai is no more than a bit of a pain. given the chance of saving 300 quid and going with jet or going direct, i would go with jet any day of the week. like i said, cant think why you call me a wind up merchant. :rolleyes:

Fantastic pics Edge of Londons river & all that.

For the record that is the flight path on arrival.

Do you have any pics of the seats & the cabin on your Jet Airlines flight please ?????

:001_Thank_You5:

Do you have any pics of the seats & the cabin on your Jet Airlines flight please ?????

:001_Thank_You5: Yes very nice in the holding pattern over London great pics there :Thanks3:

cheers Chris done it many times but not with that view great :GrinNod1:

Wriggley Tin 1

What an approach to Heathrow.Had a few good ones over the years but quite often I've arrived in the dark,

or used Gatwick.In any event I've never got photos remotely as good as those.The clarity makes it easy to

pick out loads of landmarks.......if you know what you're looking at ! Nice work.

told you so, a bit peeved that you only call jet airways "good" my god man what do you want. first class airline. mumbai is no more than a bit of a pain. given the chance of saving 300 quid and going with jet or going direct, i would go with jet any day of the week. like i said, cant think why you call me a wind up merchant. :rolleyes:

OK, very good indeed and I'm sorry I doubted you even for a moment.

Thank you Jet Airways, Airline of My Year. Clap9.gif

OK, very good indeed and I'm sorry I doubted you even for a moment.

Thank you Jet Airways, Airline of My Year. Clap9.gif

apology not accepted!! maybe in september if you buy me a beer i will forgive you :D

Jet is virtually the only airline thats been around a while that I haven't flown to Thailand from the UK over 20 years and I've been on some dogs including Biman,Balken, Tarom,Uzbekistan and numerous other bucket outfits !!

Only reason being is that I repeatadly hear the same story in that the Motor to Mumbai/Delhi is fine but the onward connection flight is crammed in like sardines on a single aisle 737.

Maybe others could comment on that issue who have flown them ??

I've never noticed the flight path before, or maybe it has been cloudy or foggy. I always go for a window seat if possible and I was lucky to be on that side.

I was also lucky that I had my bag under my legs and could reach the Canon S95 quickly enough to grab the shots. The difference in some of them is because the window in front had condensation/mist between the two layers.

Sorry, no, I didn't take any pics inside the plane because I didn't see any TGs with their tits out.

I'm not a plane buff and take very little notice as long as the engines don't fall off. It's a real tease walking through those first/business class cubicles to get to your seats, but checking in online and looking on seatbooker I'd been able to get window seats with standard recline in decent positions all the way. Legroom and width for a 6 foot 96kg was OK, even on the shorter leg in the smaller plane.