IGNORED

Nanotrax Mini R/C Hobby Shop

Shake Girl

i've been on the forum for a while and feel its about time to make a formal introduction... i own and operate Nanotrax, a miniature radio control car hobby shop and circuit on Thepprasit Road. it is an unusual thing i know but that's its purpose, to give visitors a 'break from the norm'. if you visit Pattaya often and for extended periods there are times when you'll want to kill some time away from the bars, the crowds, the traffic and yes... even the girls. living here without a hobby can drive a man insane and that's why i built Nanotrax. i've loved radio control cars since i was a kid and that has endured to this day and i hope to sure the joy it brings my life with others. i'll just tell ya what we have going along with some pics....

nanotrax-rc-racing-lounge-pattaya-thailand.jpg

Showroom

in our showroom, we have 1/28 scale collectible models from the Kyosho Mini Z Auto Scale Collection... these detailed models can be used on the Mini Z moving chassis on just purchased for those who love car art. we also have a small selection of hop-up and replacement parts for Mini Z. there's a 4m x 8m racing circuit in the main showroom.

showroom-breakdance-on-f1r.jpg

showroom-zigzag-on-f1r.jpg

showroom-funnel-on-f1r.jpg

its a hand built, custom layout that changes every 3-4 months. we don't race Mini Z, that chassis is too large... we race dNano, a 1/43 scale model.

showroom-dnano-cars-on-f1r.jpg

these cars are small but they're insanely fast...there are an immense number of setup possibilities and option parts and we stock the entire range at Nanotrax.

The Pit Station

on the balcony is our pit station where customers have a place to work on their cars, relax while watching sports on big screen or enjoy food & drink available from our bar & short order kitchen.

pit-station-february-2011-a.jpg

pit-station-november-2010-b.jpg

The Lounge

on our 2nd floor, there's a DRIFT circuit for Mini Z... 3 big screen TV's make this area a good place for watching sports of your choice or just getting some practice on your drift techniques. (more pics of this later, we've just gotten the surface re-finished and photos haven't been added to the blog yet. once they are, i'll add a few to this post). right now, we're running some promotions on Mini Z Drift Chassis Sets and membership deals for those interested in racing dNano.

even if you're not into R/C, you're welcome to come in as a spectator as we hold club races every Saturday @ 6pm. its always exciting to have families come in and watch, the kids always get a kick out of it.

pit-station-november-2010-c.jpg

showroom-february-2011-a.jpg

showroom-february-2011-b.jpg

i don't want this post to run too long so i'd like to request anyone looking for a hobby in Pattaya to stop by and check things out for yourself and talk to me personally. shop hours are 2pm - 9pm Monday thru Saturday and i can be reached by phone during normal biz hours @ 084 782 9648. the shop is in the Nayada green/orange shop house plaza opposite Pattaya Kart Speedway. for more visuals and detailed info, you can visit us online @ http://www.nanotrax.net/store/ ...Nanotrax is the only fully equipped & serviced mini radio control racing lounge in the world. if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please reply to this thread. thanks for your attention!

Sexy Pattaya Girls @ ShakeGirl.com - Follow Shake Girl on Facebook & Twitter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shake Girl

• PepeLePew

• bigjimslay

• dirtdog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here's a few pics of the Drift circuit in the lounge... we may keep the shop open on Sundays for F1 Racing Broadcasts like we did last year... it just depends on interest at the moment. cold beer and F1 in an air conditioned, quiet location? that's what we offer... let's see if we can get some more warm bodies in here to enjoy it. i look forward to hearing from everyone... thanks again for the space and your time reading.

P1080903.JPG

P1080906.JPG

P1080912.JPG

P1080900.JPG

So I can just show up and get a rig and race it?

only Kyosho dNano 1/43 scale racing models are allowed on the showroom circuit (F1R) and Kyosho Mini Z 1/28 scale drift models are allowed on the lounge circuit (F2L). if you have one of these, yes, you can come in to play on the circuits... (the facility use and maintenance fee is 120THB per day for non-members, members have multiple benefits i'll cover after i've had my morning cup of coffee). girls have been in but most don't get into cars, but Joom (manager, cook & wifey) is also a pro nail stylist and she keeps 'the girlfriends' occupied while 'the boys' play with their toys :D

showroom-nails-by-joom.JPG

Edited by Mr NanoTrax

only Kyosho dNano 1/43 scale racing models are allowed on the showroom circuit (F1R) and Kyosho Mini Z 1/28 scale drift models are allowed on the lounge circuit (F2L). girls have been in but most don't get into cars, but Joom (manager, cook & wifey) is also a pro nail stylist and she keeps 'the girlfriends' occupied while 'the boys' play with their toys :D

I was asking if you have cars to rent. I do not have a dnano or a Mini Z.

I see the girls get all hot and bothered over mariokart tyoe video games, i thought the real deal might catch their interest. But compared to nails, maybe not.

Certainly looks like a very cool setup.

thanks... a lot of 'fans' around the world call it 'mini rc heaven'. i built the place of my dreams and our members appreciate effort my wife & our staff put into it. we don't get much traffic, but we give it 100% for the few that enjoy it.

I was asking if you have cars to rent. I do not have a dnano or a Mini Z.

ah yes... we do have dNano for rent for 150THB per half hour. it is a somewhat specialized hobby and takes a bit more practice to perfect than video games which is why it CAN be time consuming - if you want it to be. when you buy a membership, you get a dNano or Mini Z chassis included with it (membership is 10,000THB for the initial 13 months, 7,000THB annually thereafter). with membership comes the following benefits:

- dNano -or- Mini Z Chassis *FREE*

- storage space in our 'garage' in the Pit Station

- use of 'house' batteries (for chassis & transmitter)

- complimentary facility & maintenance (no additional fees for play or shop visits)

- 15% off all merchandise purchases

- buy 2 get 1 free all beers (bottle & draft)

- championship points participation

- membership card & nanotrax tee shirt

- available credit for additional purchases*

- a few other things i can't recall at the moment...

we sort of feel like our members are like family... my wife is an excellent cook and she knows each member's favorite dish and is prepared to make it for them during their usual visiting time. most of our customers are farang so she's prepared with an arsenal of Thai food and some less spicy selections for those who can't handle her 'southern style'. probably more info than you requested but i figured this is good info for everyone ;)

I am a fairly new member at NanoTrax and I am here to say that once you go there it is hard to leave. Q'on and Joom take such good care of you that you really do feel like family. After a few laps with these surprisingly well handling and quick RC cars you get the racing bug and your competitive juices start to flow and you can not put the controller down. RC allows us kids at heart to get our racing fix on a small budget.

Q'on goes out of his way to help you set up your car and teach you the ways of RC racing. He also makes the racing fun for all skill levels and rookies are welcomed into the racing community at NanoTrax.

I suggest that you give NanoTrax a visit and rent one of the cars, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Refreshing to see something new in Pattaya and gives me an idea of what to do with an unused room I have in the house, setting up a mini drift circuit in my house would keep my boy and I entertained for hours on the weekends.

Best of luck with the business, I think you have hit it right on the nail by catering to hobbies for a business rather than what most people get into.

May be you should make some videos and post them. That will give a real feel of the environment and experience of racing miniature cars. I personally love them and would love to try my hands when I come next time.

Nice.

I'll be there for F1 races next time I'm in country. :Number1a:

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

May be you should make some videos and post them.

way ahead of ya... you can find a load of videos i've done on the Nanotrax YouTube Channel ...i'll be releasing new ones here soon now that 'DRIFT' is a part of the plan. i've got big plans for it but i'm working to get a bit of inventory in to support play before we make a big push.

Very interesting.... I bought a larger model RC for my nephew for christmas. He hates it, says its too fast, little fucker...

Who did your photographs, very impressive.

what would one of these rigs go for??? price/

what would one of these rigs go for??? price/

you get a free dnano (1:43 scale racing model) chassis with membership, you'll only have to purchase battery, transmitter and option parts thereafter. a chassis + transmitter would cost the same as your first year of membership (~10k baht initial 13 months, 7k baht annual). dnano are very fast so i'd recommend a Mini Z AWD (for DRIFT) for your nephew and that would run you about 12,000THB normally but we're running a promotion now on that one as well... buy a chassis and get a free body (saves about 1500THB off normal total). these are all imported, genuine, high quality, Kyosho products... for those that know that brand, you'll understand why they're not in the normal price range of toys found at supermarkets and department stores.

Thanks for the info mr Nano, I live just near your shop. May pop in next month when I get back from work.

What an excellent idea!

Looks like you have spent a lot of time and thought in to creating a professional operation.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

What an excellent idea!

Looks like you have spent a lot of time and thought in to creating a professional operation.

thanks for the kind words... its a passion i've had since i bought my first Kyosho Ultima 1/10 scale electric buggy kit when i was 15. it's not big bucks, but its big fun and certainly a break from 'the norm'. not that i don't love the norm too... in moderation ;)

• 2 weeks later...

we had an interesting club race last sunday, i figured i'd share the report & results here @ PA....

another day of divine dNano racing @ nanotrax this sunday.... a full grid of 7 drivers showed up once again for the final clockwise race on Funnel F1R. Hugh came in for some practice the past few days and moved into a Xanavi Nismo GT-R 2008 but in the end decided to roll with the LP640. Ian arrived today without a hint of practice and ran into battery and motor issues that didn't get fully resolved. Brian was ready to make things happen with his homestyle DBR9 to round out a total of 3 DBR9's. Ryan came for his last race before heading back to the states after a good bit of practice and a LOT of setup assistance from Dahm. Dahm is currently the man to beat and there was no question he brought his A-game. i'd been prepping my Nissan GT-R GT500 all this week in an attempt to make up for dismal results in the 2 previous outings. i took the TQ with a 9.045 seconds followed by Dahm, Ryan, Olaf, Ian, Brian & Hugh.

i started off with the lead but lost it quickly... :oops: most of us are running the 'Zippy' 240mAh Cells and i prepped by charging it from nearly empty to full right before the final. this is the right thing to do, but bad in that i didn't prepare myself for the sheer power that it delivers along with the 'Radical Black' power plant driving my GT-R. it was hard to control and i found myself in 3rd place behind the consistent driving of Ryan and Dahm while Olaf was hot on my tail. eventually, me and the battery settled and i was able to get consistent enough to take advantage of rare mistakes by both Ryan and Dahm and take the lead in the last 10 mins of our 30-minute final. Dahm took a roll of the circuit and had to ultimately change his battery and Ryan had no choice but to make a battery change as he only had the Atomic 180mAh to work with. Ryan and Dahm were on the same lap for most of the race and i think the excitement brought on mistakes by both drivers. it was an exciting back and forth battle to the end but i was lucky enough to come out with a nice win which always feels good. we'll be going counter-clockwise for the next 6 weeks, expect an interesting final coming next week!

POS | TOTAL LAPS | TOTAL TIME | AVERAGE LAP TIME | BEST LAP #/TIME | LEADING FOR x Laps | DRIVER/CAR

1 - 172 Laps [30:06.234] - 10.501 Avg Lap, #117/9.047 Best Lap, Leading 54 Laps - Qon {Nissan GT-R GT500 Class)

2 - 165 Laps [30:07.823] - 10.956 Avg Lap, #140/9.265 Best Lap, Leading 17 Laps - Ryan {Aston Martin Racing DBR9} +15 pts

3 - 164 Laps [30:03.199] - 10.995 Avg Lap, #51/9.515 Best Lap, Leading 101 Laps - Dahm {Ferrari 360 Modena} +11 pts

4 - 155 Laps [30:02.446] - 11.629 Avg Lap, #141/9.672 Best Lap, Leading 0 Laps - Olaf {Audi R8 LMS} +8 pts

5 - 145 Laps [30:04.230] - 12.443 Avg Lap, #36/10.437 Best Lap, Leading 0 Laps - Hugh {Lamborghini Murcielago LP640} +6 pts

6 - 116 Laps [30:53.369] - 15.977 Avg Lap, #80/9.610 Best Lap, Leading 0 Laps - Ian {Aston Martin Racing DBR9} +5 pts

7 - 7-DNF Laps [30:39.462] - 68.128 Avg Lap, #19/10.562 Best Lap, Leading 0 Laps - Brian {Aston Martin Racing DBR9} +5 pts

P1080984.JPG

P1080981.JPG

we had an interesting club race last sunday, i figured i'd share the report & results here @ PA....

another day of divine dNano racing @ nanotrax this sunday.... a full grid of 7 drivers showed up once again for the final clockwise race on Funnel F1R. Hugh came in for some practice the past few days and moved into a Xanavi Nismo GT-R 2008 but in the end decided to roll with the LP640. Ian arrived today without a hint of practice and ran into battery and motor issues that didn't get fully resolved. Brian was ready to make things happen with his homestyle DBR9 to round out a total of 3 DBR9's. Ryan came for his last race before heading back to the states after a good bit of practice and a LOT of setup assistance from Dahm. Dahm is currently the man to beat and there was no question he brought his A-game. i'd been prepping my Nissan GT-R GT500 all this week in an attempt to make up for dismal results in the 2 previous outings. i took the TQ with a 9.045 seconds followed by Dahm, Ryan, Olaf, Ian, Brian & Hugh.

i started off with the lead but lost it quickly... :oops: most of us are running the 'Zippy' 240mAh Cells and i prepped by charging it from nearly empty to full right before the final. this is the right thing to do, but bad in that i didn't prepare myself for the sheer power that it delivers along with the 'Radical Black' power plant driving my GT-R. it was hard to control and i found myself in 3rd place behind the consistent driving of Ryan and Dahm while Olaf was hot on my tail. eventually, me and the battery settled and i was able to get consistent enough to take advantage of rare mistakes by both Ryan and Dahm and take the lead in the last 10 mins of our 30-minute final. Dahm took a roll of the circuit and had to ultimately change his battery and Ryan had no choice but to make a battery change as he only had the Atomic 180mAh to work with. Ryan and Dahm were on the same lap for most of the race and i think the excitement brought on mistakes by both drivers. it was an exciting back and forth battle to the end but i was lucky enough to come out with a nice win which always feels good. we'll be going counter-clockwise for the next 6 weeks, expect an interesting final coming next week!

POS | TOTAL LAPS | TOTAL TIME | AVERAGE LAP TIME | BEST LAP #/TIME | LEADING FOR x Laps | DRIVER/CAR

1 - 172 Laps [30:06.234] - 10.501 Avg Lap, #117/9.047 Best Lap, Leading 54 Laps - Qon {Nissan GT-R GT500 Class)

2 - 165 Laps [30:07.823] - 10.956 Avg Lap, #140/9.265 Best Lap, Leading 17 Laps - Ryan {Aston Martin Racing DBR9} +15 pts

3 - 164 Laps [30:03.199] - 10.995 Avg Lap, #51/9.515 Best Lap, Leading 101 Laps - Dahm {Ferrari 360 Modena} +11 pts

4 - 155 Laps [30:02.446] - 11.629 Avg Lap, #141/9.672 Best Lap, Leading 0 Laps - Olaf {Audi R8 LMS} +8 pts

5 - 145 Laps [30:04.230] - 12.443 Avg Lap, #36/10.437 Best Lap, Leading 0 Laps - Hugh {Lamborghini Murcielago LP640} +6 pts

6 - 116 Laps [30:53.369] - 15.977 Avg Lap, #80/9.610 Best Lap, Leading 0 Laps - Ian {Aston Martin Racing DBR9} +5 pts

7 - 7-DNF Laps [30:39.462] - 68.128 Avg Lap, #19/10.562 Best Lap, Leading 0 Laps - Brian {Aston Martin Racing DBR9} +5 pts

Sounds like fun. Do you do any 'arrive and drive' deals or guest starters

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

all first-time visitors get their first 15-mins free... its one of those hobbies that i believe you love or leave it, and if you're not hooked on the challenge after 15 mins you probably never will be. other specials include daily happy hours (buy 2 get 1 free on all beers, bottle & draft) and occasional snack freebies by my excessively attentive wife ;-)

all first-time visitors get their first 15-mins free... its one of those hobbies that i believe you love or leave it, and if you're not hooked on the challenge after 15 mins you probably never will be. other specials include daily happy hours (buy 2 get 1 free on all beers, bottle & draft) and occasional snack freebies by my excessively attentive wife ;-)

I can imagine getting hooked very easily. I've had lots of remote cars in the past. Used to build Tamiya kits back in the day. Had a Porsche 959 and a Hornet. The Porsche had a cycle of Drive crash break repair, repeat until skint! Thing is I'm just a Pattaya holidayer and have far too much on my plate back home to get a new hobby. Some sort of race rental scheme would be a great way of killing an afternoon with some fellow petrol heads.

BTW next time I'm in town and there's an F1 race on I'll be watching it there (as long as you are showing it obviously!)

RULES

1NQq.gif

BTW next time I'm in town and there's an F1 race on I'll be watching it there (as long as you are showing it obviously!)

the first scheduled race is on March 27, we'll be open early @ 1pm for the start ;)