IGNORED

Flight questions

Chatso

Hi - I havent flown for a few years so a bit out of it -found this by Etihad for 31st May and the layovers dont seem too bad?

http://www.travelsupermarket.com/flight/flightdetails.aspx?productid=3&aggregationid=7106400000000136267&responseid=7106400000000136267_28&productgroupid=0

just wondering how far in advance should you book a flight?

also is one day cheaper/better than another day to fly on?

is the airport in Abu Dhabi easy to get round/not get lost in?

I assume there'll be other people on the flight going to LOS for the same reason as me?

also wandering why do British Airways alway seem to cost more than other airlines -never flown with them anywhere?

thanks for any input you may have

i don't know about Europe, but here in North America generally the cheapest time to fly is midweek, Tues, Wed, Thurs.

they also release the cheap seats to the consolidators on Tues, and Wed, after midnight, and sometimes you can get a better deal by booking direct with the airline....just keep checking, seat sales happen very quickly...it's all supply and demand.

Edited by lespaul5000

Hi - I havent flown for a few years so a bit out of it -found this by Etihad for 31st May and the layovers dont seem too bad?

http://www.travelsup...roductgroupid=0

Normally 3 months ahead for me, but everyones different.

I haven't noticed any particular day of the week that is cheaper than the others.

If you can negotiate Heathrow or whatever British airport you're comming from, Abu Dhabi will be a breeze

I assume there'll be other people on the flight going to LOS for the same reason as me?

Of course, especially on the second leg. A good way to pass the time is "Spot the Monger"

also wandering why do British Airways alway seem to cost more than other airlines -never flown with them anywhere?

Because they are cunts

chatso

i book my flight as soon as i can as i think you get a better deal .i got back from 3 months in patt on the 10th of jan and booked. my next trip on the 20th of jan and got it for 470 pounds from mancheater with a stop over in abu dhabi on june the 10th.

Thanks for the info guys

the tuesday flight did seem abit cheaper that monday flight but ive not compared that many.

I will have another look to see if theres any better offer but i think thats flight is looking favourite at the moment for many reasons not least it takes @2hour by train to get to Manchester airport from where i live.

i often wonder how British Airways stay in business due to their prices ...and threatening to go on strike but maybe they cost more to fly from Manchester rather than a London airport? who knows ...who cares!?

'spot the Monger' haha -i guess certain times of the year it'll be easier to play 'spot the non-monger'

cheers

I have flown Etihad 4 or 5 times before and the wife will be flying with them on Wednesday. Always clean, on time and friendly. Abu Dhabi is still a small airport and sort of a satelite layout. Normally the London flight comes in to Abu Dhabi, gets cleaned and is then the onward flight to Bangkok. So in and out of the same gate and same plane. Was fairly cheap a few years ago but prices have gone up recently. My opinion is they are better than all the other mid-east carriers.

Hope that helps....

http://www.travelsupermarket.com/flight/flightdetails.aspx?productid=3&aggregationid=7106400000000136267&responseid=7106400000000136267_28&productgroupid=0

good airport easy to get around

if you go on the 30th ill meet you for a beer,im booked on that

etihad are very good

i payed £500 in october its now £575

get yourself on mate,13 week to go.

I have flown Etihad 4 or 5 times before and the wife will be flying with them on Wednesday. Always clean, on time and friendly. Abu Dhabi is still a small airport and sort of a satelite layout. Normally the London flight comes in to Abu Dhabi, gets cleaned and is then the onward flight to Bangkok. So in and out of the same gate and same plane. Was fairly cheap a few years ago but prices have gone up recently. My opinion is they are better than all the other mid-east carriers.

Hope that helps....

Thanks for that -I had a look at the airport website and it doesnt look too bad. Im flying 31st May from Manchester 21:05hrs and will be arriving Abu Dhabi 07:20hrs terminal 3 out at 08:40hrs to arrive in Bangkok 18:05hrs ...according to my e-ticket!

good airport easy to get around

if you go on the 30th ill meet you for a beer,im booked on that

etihad are very good

i payed £500 in october its now £575

get yourself on mate,13 week to go.

just missed you by a day flight wise. Im flying 31May return 14Jun

I was looking at your flight but i think it departed @09:00hrs? and wasnt sure id get to checking closing time because im 2hr+ train journey from the airport -I saw one price for my flight at £477 upto 27/28Feb?!?! but didt take it because my work hols werent signed off till 01Mar.

Eventually £585 through expedia. I think the advice from you and the others for the future is to book as soon as you can to get the best prices

I can meet for a beer over there though? ...and anyone else who's over there at that time - thanks again

I book as early as possible there is no out right way as booking up early like now oil prices could add surcharges and also you can get the flight and times you want, If you book late you may get cheaper flights ,but may not be with time you wanted and with the preffered airline.

• 2 weeks later...

I book as early as possible there is no out right way as booking up early like now oil prices could add surcharges and also you can get the flight and times you want, If you book late you may get cheaper flights ,but may not be with time you wanted and with the preffered airline.

hi,the best ,i think,is to book with aprogram that let show the cost of every day of the week(+/- 3days or +/- 1week)so you will see wich day is the less expensive.this can vary for every period.also the delay of the best cost vary from time to time.sometimes is 3 month enough ,sometimes you need 6 month's or more...

I always fly Etihad as they have been the cheapest prices when i've flown. Its worth getting their Etihad Guest card as you only need to take 2 flights in a year to get the silver level which will then give you free lounge access. If nothing else you can spend the miles on something in the reward shop. You can also get a free flight for anything between 53000 and 75000 miles.

I've done the same flights from Manchester and theres plenty of time for the transfer.

because they are BRITISH. I wouldnt fly with them in a million years.

British Airways are living in the 80s, and are the Ryanair of long haul travel. Nowadays the service is appalling onboard you have to pay extra to reserve your seats and the Cabin Crew love to threaten to strike at the worst possible times for the traveller. All this despite them being some of the highest paid in comparison to their peers. All long haul BA flights have to go via London so you may as well get a better deal by going via the Middle East, AMS or CDG.

I would pay more to fly with almost any other airline. It doesn't help that one of the ugly female crew complained that I was going through the fasttrack area leaving Swampy airport last time, despite Etihad giving me a fasttrack card to use that area.

I always fly Etihad as they have been the cheapest prices when i've flown. Its worth getting their Etihad Guest card as you only need to take 2 flights in a year to get the silver level which will then give you free lounge access. If nothing else you can spend the miles on something in the reward shop. You can also get a free flight for anything between 53000 and 75000 miles.

I've done the same flights from Manchester and theres plenty of time for the transfer.

Hi -thanks for the info. I'd read alot of good things both on here and the net about Etihad so it was a bonus when it was the best airline for my flight times/dates. Had a nosey on the Etihad website -nice site. @£9000 for first class to Bangkok ...something to keep in mind for when I win the lottery. I also liked that you can check in on line upto 24hrs before the flight and also I found the seating plan for my flight to see if im sat next to anyone etc. Didt like that the airline seems to be having a special on my flight dates @£523 bout £50 less than i paid ...but never mind its all gone on the credit card (buy now worry later etc.)

think my stop over is @2-3 hours each way so not bad at all

because they are BRITISH. I wouldnt fly with them in a million years.

Hi -thought they were suppose to be the world favourite airline according to the advert haha or rather 5555 (sorry). I wonder who does actually fly with them and whether their flight to LOS are full of BM? (probably not)

Think it was you who was saying good things about Jet? the Indian airline? I thought about them because of the price but then I remembered seeing images of Indian railways with people jammed in and sitting on the roof of the train.

For some reason thought the airline maybe like that -people clinging on the fuselage and hanging off the wings of peddle power planes?! 5555 etc. (no offence to Indian people)

Hi -thought they were suppose to be the world favourite airline according to the advert haha or rather 5555 (sorry). I wonder who does actually fly with them and whether their flight to LOS are full of BM? (probably not)

Think it was you who was saying good things about Jet? the Indian airline? I thought about them because of the price but then I remembered seeing images of Indian railways with people jammed in and sitting on the roof of the train.

For some reason thought the airline maybe like that -people clinging on the fuselage and hanging off the wings of peddle power planes?! 5555 etc. (no offence to Indian people)

jet air are the finest airline in the skies in my opinion, not only are they the cheapest on most occasions from heathrow but everything about them is a cut above other airlines. the only reason i would contemplate going with any other airline is if i could get a decent price to go direct. otherwise its jet air all the way. not to be confused with air india which is the worst airline in the skies, an absolute joke. but jet air, amazing.