Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Anyone Played Silky Oak

dazzauk

Due to be out in Pattaya in March and just wondering what courses we should play... Obviously we will be considering our favourites from previous years like St Andrews, Rayong Green Valley, Bangpra, Khao Kheow, Laem Chabang and Siam Country Club... But what are everyones views of Silky Oak? Is this a new course and is it worth Playing? What are the Caddies like? Looking forward to your views/comments.

I played it in de December. It part of Green Wally and St. Andrews (club house, caddies). The course is not finish. When finish some of the holes will have 2 greens (day one you play green one, day two you play green two) Now you play the same hole more than one, but to different greens.

Some of the holes are Mickey Mouse holes. Greens are good. Fairways are OK. You have to use cart.

Play or not? I will wait until it finish but not a bad course.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know

I played it in de December. It part of Green Wally and St. Andrews (club house, caddies). The course is not finish. When finish some of the holes will have 2 greens (day one you play green one, day two you play green two) Now you play the same hole more than one, but to different greens.

Some of the holes are Mickey Mouse holes. Greens are good. Fairways are OK. You have to use cart.

Play or not? I will wait until it finish but not a bad course.

Many thanks for the info, have great memories of St Andrews and Green Valley. Awesome caddies, will definately be back there in March for sure. As for Silky Oak maybe I'll wait until it's finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to my usual caddy there and she said 60% of players do not like the new course. Maybe will be better over time. Hard to beat St. Andrews and Green Valley so perhaps will be the number 3 in all respects.

Common sense is not very common.

• 3 months later...

I played Silky Oaks last year in November when they first opened. The course was in great shape but the layout was very strange.. A lot of the holes shared fairways with different tee box locations and greens. It was a bit confusing for my first time playing there and also my caddies first time on the course. I prefer the Green Valley/St. Andrews course and really wish they would have spent the money keeping these courses in top condition. Right now they are doing a promotion for the course with very very low green fees (I think 600baht!) so it's worth a shot if you've never played it. I attached some pictures that I took while on the course

SilkyOaks1.jpg

SilkyOaks3.jpg

SilkyOaks4.jpg

SilkyOaks5.jpg

SilkyOaksPanoramic.jpg

Someday, somebody will ski that

• 6 months later...

I played Silky Oaks last year in November when they first opened. The course was in great shape but the layout was very strange.. A lot of the holes shared fairways with different tee box locations and greens. It was a bit confusing for my first time playing there and also my caddies first time on the course. I prefer the Green Valley/St. Andrews course and really wish they would have spent the money keeping these courses in top condition. Right now they are doing a promotion for the course with very very low green fees (I think 600baht!) so it's worth a shot if you've never played it. I attached some pictures that I took while on the course

Thanks for the pictures! Maybe i will play a round there in january & st andrews2000 & green walley &&&& - hope i can.

• 2 weeks later...

I played it in November. The promotion price is 800 bht (+ 600 bht for the compulsory buggy).

The greens are currently poor, but the rest of the course is good.

At least 12 tee shots require long carries over water. 13 holes have water all over the place.

So the course is spectacular.

When its finished later this year, there will be 2 tees and greens for every hole. They will play each on alternate days.

Some will have separate fairways too (like the 1st) and a couple will probably have shared fairways.

When finished the course green fee is likely to be much higher than it is now. Play it when you are over and see what you think.