IGNORED

China Airlines?

Tomj

Hi guys,

I have never been traveling with China Airlines, but tickets are pretty cheap, it seems. I am considering to make an extra trip to Pattaya this April (with SAS from Copenhagen to Amsterdam, and with China Airlines from Amsterdam to Bangkok). How does that sound?

Good for me.

I have done China air both Business & economy class many times.

Good economy seats but no screens.

As I drop a pill & sleep all the way it is no problem for me.

I flew with them from Copenhagen in January and I thought it was good. They don't have a screen in the seat in front of you so you have to bring our own :-) The FAs are pretty and the service is good. Schiphol is a nice airport for the layover, I can recommend going with them.

What dates are you looking at?

BR

Jens

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

• 2 weeks later...

I will be taking China Airlines for my upcoming trip. I have heard the newer planes (Boeing 747-400) have the screens in the seats. Hopefully when I take my flight they will. If not i will have a few movies on my Ipod for entertainment. That, and lots of sleeping.

Edited by Pattaya67

China air from UK to Amsterdam with KLM & then Jumbo 747 to Bangkok in Business class at about £ 1,400 is spot on if you have the extra money.

See my report " SEX ON FIRE " there is some good photos in there for you to view Economy & Business class seats in the China aircraft.

:001_Thank_You5:

I've flown SFO to Bkk with China Airlines several times, cheap seats... never had a problem. As a frequent flyer with them, I got a newsletter saying they're in the process of upgrading all their of long-haul fleet.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

I've flown SFO to Bkk with China Airlines several times, cheap seats... never had a problem. As a frequent flyer with them, I got a newsletter saying they're in the process of upgrading all their of long-haul fleet.

I agree, good airline for the price. Far better than any US based airline I have been on.

forqalso, I will also be flying out of SFO in April. When was the last time you flew out of their and was there any entertainment systems in the seats.

Cheers.

Used them a few times, cheap and no complains. Had a check for flights in October though and they have risen by a third in price.

forqalso, I will also be flying out of SFO in April. When was the last time you flew out of their and was there any entertainment systems in the seats.

Cheers.

I haven't been to LoS in over a year. There are not any entertainment systems in the seat backs on the SFO to Taiwan segment, only Taiwan to BKK. They're promising these in the near future as they upgrade their long haul fleet. Starting April '11, so not for this trip.

Starting in April of 2011, passengers will discover a pleasant surprise when flying on CAL Boeing 747-400 aircraft. To provide passengers with more enjoyable comfort and in-flight service, CAL is spending US$100 million to carry out a large-scale retrofitting program for its B747-400 fleet, with the first retrofitted aircraft returning to service in late April. The refurbished aircraft will feature all-new ergonomic seats and an advanced video system in all classes, as well as a newly designed presentation of CAL’s purple cabin color scheme in seat covers, carpets and curtains. In the future, flying on CAL will no longer be mere flying, but rather a customized relaxing entertainment experience in the skies.

Besides exquisite meals and service prepared by CAL, passengers in all classes will also enjoy the newest Panasonic eX2 in-flight Audio and Video-on-Demand system, with larger and wider video screens in all classes featuring a wider variety of movies and programming to choose from, as well as a special menu of choices for children, enabling passengers of all ages to enjoy better in-flight entertainment.

First Class and Business Class passengers will enjoy more privacy and comfort in an expanded personal space free from disturbance, as well as new lavatories, ceilings and luggage compartments. First Class seats will feature lumbar support and will be fully reclinable to a flat position. The Business Class cabin will feature a special library and welcoming bar, while Business Class seats will be spaced further apart and be reclinable to 160 degrees, or a nearly flat position.

The Economy Class cabin will also provide a more comfortable, easygoing and spacious flying experience, with new German-made ergonomic seats featuring headrests adjustable to six different positions and increased leg room. Most seats will also be equipped with 110V electric outlets for laptops and personal electronic devices.

To meet increasing demand for Business Class seating, the initial batch of B747-400s returning to service on the New York, Hawaii, Amsterdam and Bali (Denpasar) routes will feature two-class cabins with seating in Business and Economy classes. Additional aircraft returning to service on routes to the U.S. west coast and mainland China, including San Francisco, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou, will feature a traditional three-class cabin with seating in First, Business and Economy classes.

CAL insists on striving for service quality excellence to satisfy the needs of all passengers, and has put this ideal into practice by retrofitting its entire B747-400 fleet. CAL warmly welcomes passengers to experience the new cabins for themselves, so they may enjoy a new in-flight travel experience.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

China Airlines generally have older planes with few bells or whistles, however the seats have more leg room. If you're tall, China Airlines is the best IMO. Only economy class seat I've ever managed to get some kip in.

Edited by 1981bob