IGNORED

Tropical Berts

mic59

Loved this place. Up the top of Soi 6, it's in fact in the lane at the back which I think is called soi 6/1. This puts it away from the sometimes noisy Soi 6. Very comfortable, long room with a bathroom and fridge, double bed and air-con. The value was unbelievable, THB700 per night and this included an English breakfast I would happily have paid THB200 for. Bert is a member of the English legion and runs the guesthouse with his wife. Book if you want this one, I was lucky to walk in and get a room but I had to move in a couple of days for someone who booked. Although the place I went to, the Admiral Nelson, was also pretty good. Book at Tropical Bert's for a month and the charge is THB600 per night.

The food was marvellous too. Specials each night, on Friday I had roast pork followed by bread and butter pudding with custard, the whole lot THB180 only. Didn't mind the Soi 6 katoeys, they were quite fun and were always ready for a photo opportunity. I've never thought I was vaguely bisexual but I let one of them suck my cock and found it very satisfying. I may even return the favour when I have my next Pattaya holiday. The Beach Rd katoeys were a pain and overly aggressive.

The Queen Vic down Soi 6 a bit was also pretty good. Rooms seemed smaller so I didn't stay there but the food was just as good.

• 3 weeks later...

Loved this place. Up the top of Soi 6, it's in fact in the lane at the back which I think is called soi 6/1. This puts it away from the sometimes noisy soi 6. Very comfortable, long room with a bathroom and fridge, double bed and air-con. The value was unbelievable, THB700 per night and this included an English breakfast I would happily have paid THB200 for. Bert is a member of the English legion and runs the guesthouse with his wife. Book if you want this one, I was lucky to walk in and get a room but I had to move in a couple of days for someone who booked. Although the place I went to, the Admiral Nelson, was also pretty good. Book at Tropical Bert's for a month and the charge is THB600 per night.

The food was marvellous too. Specials each night, on Friday I had roast pork followed by bread and butter pudding with custard, the whole lot THB180 only. Didn't mind the Soi 6 katoeys, they were quite fun and were always ready for a photo opportunity. I've never thought I was vaguely bisexual but I let one of them suck my cock and found it very satisfying. I may even return the favour when I have my next Pattaya holiday. The Beach Rd katoeys were a pain and overly aggressive.

The Queen Vic down Soi 6 a bit was also pretty good. Rooms seemed smaller so I didn't stay there but the food was just as good.

Tropical Bert is really a nice place, true. Wouldn't say their rooms are better than Queen Vic's ones. Still, it's a good bargain and a good location, agreed.

Have stayed there , ate there & drank there IMO is a great spot. Like Bert & his missus plus the staff.

Loved this place. Up the top of Soi 6, it's in fact in the lane at the back which I think is called soi 6/1. This puts it away from the sometimes noisy soi 6. Very comfortable, long room with a bathroom and fridge, double bed and air-con. The value was unbelievable, THB700 per night and this included an English breakfast

Thanks for the post mic59.

I must have walked by it a hundred times, but can't picture where it is. Where abouts on Soi 6/1 is it - closer to Beach Road or 2nd Road?

Don't suppose that you have any pics of the rooms? But it couldn't have been that quiet if it close to Soi 6?

bb69

I have never stayed at Tropical Berts but has had a few beers and eaten there a few times and have to agree it is not a bad place at all selling both Thai and western pub food.

He is also an ex serviceman and holds British legion meetings as well.

• 11 months later...

Loved this place. Up the top of Soi 6, it's in fact in the lane at the back which I think is called soi 6/1. This puts it away from the sometimes noisy soi 6. Very comfortable, long room with a bathroom and fridge, double bed and air-con. The value was unbelievable, THB700 per night and this included an English breakfast I would happily have paid THB200 for. Bert is a member of the English legion and runs the guesthouse with his wife. Book if you want this one, I was lucky to walk in and get a room but I had to move in a couple of days for someone who booked. Although the place I went to, the Admiral Nelson, was also pretty good. Book at Tropical Bert's for a month and the charge is THB600 per night.

Stayed at Tropicals 5 or 6 times in the past 5 years , very good value for decent size rooms . Berts keeps reminding me to book early as he only has the 5 rooms available and i have missed out in the past .

Its located right at the top of 6/1 on the second road . You would never know that Soi 6 was 20 yards away !! No noise at all .

Also if you stay at the Queen Vic rear rooms overlooking soi 6/1 no noise either . Food in both places is fine , but i would say Berts is better value for money . Full english brekkie is top fodder , one of the best in pattaya i have found .

Mikeyboy

Thanks for the post mic59.

I must have walked by it a hundred times, but can't picture where it is. Where abouts on Soi 6/1 is it - closer to Beach Road or 2nd Road?

Don't suppose that you have any pics of the rooms? But it couldn't have been that quiet if it close to Soi 6?

bb69

Location closer to 2nd road.

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?67yRUnfskcWD

• 3 months later...

Is Tropical Berts girl friendly? I'm considering booking them for my next visit.

• 3 years later...

Hi all

bump up for that thread,somebody know how to reserve for tropical berts,Website,Email or any?

He ain't there any more, moved to the Dark side. A sad loss to be honest, the food was good too.

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Was Bert also a victim of a huge increase of leasing cost?

Was Bert also a victim of a huge increase of leasing cost?

That's exactly what happened...

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Loved this place last stayed in January 2012.

Bert ran it perfectly and was/is a gentleman.

The fact it was very hard to get a room their

says a lot really.

The staff were also great and I loved having chicken

fried rice with a mug of coffee every morning for brekkie.

I hope he and his wife are in good health they contributed

to me having some great trips there.

His new place is in Khao Noi on the darkside. No rooms. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Archived