IGNORED

JSP vs Spider

lespaul5000

Im a huge gsp fan , but there are some big guys at 185 that he wont be able 2 control in the clinch or dominate on the ground and get inside the guard as easily as he has done at 170. Although i do think he will destroy jake shields.

If George stands up with Silva, he will get knocked out, end of story.

Silvas the bigger guy, but Georges strength is phenomonal, his best chance is to take Silva down,control him, then ground and pound. He will have to be on the ball though and not get caught out by Silvas Jujitsu, A la Chael Connen.

I can't make my mind up for sure but Im swaying towards a Silva win via knockout.

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....

He struggled 2 take down koscheck in the last fight, it wil become more of a task in the fututre 4 gsp 2 get people on there back as they are aware of his wrestling abilities, this is why i think he has done some much work on his technical striking with freddie roach as a means 2 be not so one dimensional in a fight.... which is a crazy statement as we all know gsp is well rounded but has bar the kos fight heavily relied on his takedowns since mat serra knocked him out.

He struggled 2 take down koscheck in the last fight, it wil become more of a task in the fututre 4 gsp 2 get people on there back as they are aware of his wrestling abilities, this is why i think he has done some much work on his technical striking with freddie roach as a means 2 be not so one dimensional in a fight.... which is a crazy statement as we all know gsp is well rounded but has bar the kos fight heavily relied on his takedowns since mat serra knocked him out.

Agreed mate. I saw an interview with Teddy roach the other day who coaches both fighters, He admitted that Silvas striking is way superior to St Pierres. Come to think about It, his striking is on a different level to nearly everybody. George is'nt reknown for a granite jaw either (Serra).

George has gone the distance in 4 of his last 5 fights, not a very good run to a potential match up with a heavier Silva. In my opinion, Silva would have made mince meat of Koscheck and Hardy. As much as I rate St Pierre as an amazing fighter/Athelete/human being, can't help but think Silva will put him a way early.

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....

I also heard today that rashad evans is considering a move too 185 might be an interesting fight with yushin okami, or a rematch with bisping.

I'm at UFC 127 in a little over 12 hours time! :)

Go G-Sots!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a hard fight to call. Both fighters have dominated their divisions.

I'd have to say that GSP is in the tougher division at Welterweight, but Anderson hasn't ever been defeated in the UFC and has the record for most consecutive wins at 13 and most successful title defenses at 8.

Anderson Silva definitely has the advantage in the stand up , but GSP is very good at keeping his distance.

GSP has an advantage on the ground with his great wrestling but Anderson is a Brazilian Jui Jitsu Black Belt and very dangerous on the ground.

Anderson is a better finisher but GSP is very a very tactical fighter and is great at grinding it out to the decision.

Overall I'd give GSP a 55-60% chance of winning and I pick him winning by decision.

I'm a huge fan of both fighters though.

This will be a great fight.