IGNORED

Tourist Visa Renewal - Flights needed?

Danny_Manchester

I currently have a triple entry visa issued by liverpool consulate. This is valid for 6 months. I left the UK on 31st Jan with a return flight booked for 30th march which i intend to change. I have to return on this air ticket within 1 year making free changes or I can cancel it.

I got speaking to someone who said you can go to Laos and get up to 5 multi entry visas issued which would keep you out here for a few years without having to go back to the UK. Is this true?

Do I always need to be in posession of a return flight home to the UK or can I just cancel it altogether to get a refund?

And would i be ok staying on Tourist visa status or do I need to change to another type?

If you have a visa you do not need an exit ticket.

I wouldn't count on the availability of visas in Laos to be available long term. The rules are always changing. There are many people living in Thailand who haven't been home for years.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If you have a 3 entry visa, right now you just need to do a border run and come back. You can do this by land or air. If you want a new visa you can go by landor air, then at the embassy in another country get a visa. You might only get single entry, then you'd have to go to another country when it expires.

ahh so that answers one question. As long as someone has a visa what ever type that may be they dont need a return flight. To get the visa from what i understand doesnt need the return flight either.

The same guy i spoke to said i could pay X amount without a visit to laos. Not sure thats a good idea though!

• 3 weeks later...

another question on this....

I am due a border run so i am going to vietnam for a month. I want to go from vietnam to singapore but i think the flights go via bangkok.. will this use up an entry? OR does my passport not even get checked as I am just passing through and back out again on another flight?

another question on this....

I am due a border run so i am going to vietnam for a month. I want to go from vietnam to singapore but i think the flights go via bangkok.. will this use up an entry? OR does my passport not even get checked as I am just passing through and back out again on another flight?

As long as you do not go through immigration you are OK. If you go through immigration one of your entries is out the window. If you are using one of the budget airlines they may require you to check in again requiring you to go through immigration. Ask before you book flights.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

booking with air asia... online you have no one to ask as they are a nightmare on the phone. the travel agents just lie to you in the thailand all the time so i guess my alternative is fly kuala lumphur. i wonder if a brit gets a visa on entry to malasia?

booking with air asia... online you have no one to ask as they are a nightmare on the phone. the travel agents just lie to you in the thailand all the time so i guess my alternative is fly kuala lumphur. i wonder if a brit gets a visa on entry to malasia?

Air Asia is a point to point carrier. You will have to go through immigration and check in again if you use them. I am fairly sure you do not need a visa for Malaysia. Australians get 90 days on arrival. Your best option is to go via KL.

I currently have a triple entry visa issued by liverpool consulate. .............................

Going back to basics, I appreciate that your side trip plans may make a mess of this, but I wonder if you are aware that you can get 60+30+60+30+60+30 = 270 days out of that Visa by extending and timing your exits/border runs.

I've been to UK via KUL and although you don't need a Visa for Mayaysia I pretty sure I had to go out and back in through Immi' so that may eat your Visa up.

............ Australians get 90 days on arrival...............

90 days in jail on arrival for Aussies sounds a good plan to me. :Circle_Sharks:

...if you feel really brave go to cambodia or any neighbouring country fill the non o multiple entry form out from Thai consulate (hull) then fill it in along with photograph etc!

send it to a friend who will then send it to consulate, who will send it back to your friend and thus back to you in cambodia or wherever!

That is if your really brave it is possible but i bottled it at the last minute think the price was $85 to uk 108 pounds visa then postage back from uk.

Good luck

The risk is that you end up in jail while you wait for the passport to come back. I know in Thailand it is illegal for you to send your passport overseas while you are in the country. Als,o there is the risk that the consulate will notice that the person is not currently in the country where the visa is being applied for. Not a good option IMO.

90 days in jail on arrival for Aussies sounds a good plan to me. :Circle_Sharks:

Hey, every time I arrive they they stamp me in until December next year...lol

The risk is that you end up in jail while you wait for the passport to come back. I know in Thailand it is illegal for you to send your passport overseas while you are in the country. Als,o there is the risk that the consulate will notice that the person is not currently in the country where the visa is being applied for. Not a good option IMO.

There were lots of reasons why we bottled it, but some do risk it and some don't have a choice (cost of flights, maintenance arrears, arrest warrants etc etc). Not for me thanks.

Hey, every time I arrive they they stamp me in until December next year...lol

Never ending freekin love story ya poof. :GoldenSmile1:

There were lots of reasons why we bottled it, but some do risk it and some don't have a choice (cost of flights, maintenance arrears, arrest warrants etc etc). Not for me thanks.

Now we know who should be locked up.... :GoldenSmile1: