IGNORED

ED Visa / Student Visa

dimmie

Many people are asking about this,

...so I hope we can create this topic where anyone can get all the answers needed (like a F.A.Q), concerning the ED Visa.

To make this topic more precise, I would appreciate if people who have successfully acquired the student visa, can share their knowledge with the rest, especially regarding the following issues:

1. Do you get a 12 month multiple entry ED visa or do you have to leave the country every 90 days on a visa run?

2. Name the available schools / colleges (website links if possible)

3. Advantages / disadvantages of the school you have registered to

4. Is it a full time study or not?

5. Do you have to give exams?

6. Does the school give you a certification to take to immigration every 90days?

7. Total cost (registration, books, immigration)

8. Papers that might be needed (passport, photos, etc)

9. Any other information that might be useful

Thanks in advance

1. Do you get a 12 month multiple entry ED visa or do you have to leave the country every 90 days on a visa run?

If you go to your home country you should be able to get a 12 month multiple entry visa. Not sure if you can get this at a bordering country.

A lot of applicants do not study they just want a visa without the hassle of border runs every 90 days.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Many people are asking about this,

...so I hope we can create this topic where anyone can get all the answers needed (like a F.A.Q), concerning the ED Visa.

To make this topic more precise, I would appreciate if people who have successfully acquired the student visa, can share their knowledge with the rest, especially regarding the following issues:

i have a 12month multi entry visa(but thai embassy gave it to me by mistake),normally you just go to immigration every 90days at jomtien no border runs

2. Name the available schools / colleges (website links if possible)

I attend plc school (pattaya language and computer) ph 038421819

3. Advantages / disadvantages of the school you have registered to

seems a bit laid back,would probably prefer a school that pushed me a bit harder

4. Is it a full time study or not?

part time 2hours a week,but you pay for 180hours and they expire after a year so 2hrs x 52weeks is only 104hrs,best to do more hours

5. Do you have to give exams?

no exams

6. Does the school give you a certification to take to immigration every 90days?

the school provides all paperwork,you just provide some pictures of yourself in the classroom with teacher also pictures of you in your condo(i guess this is to prove to immigration that you are studying and living in thailand??)

7. Total cost (registration, books, immigration)

180hours plus books about 18000bht,1900bht immigration every 3months

8. Papers that might be needed (passport, photos, etc)

all of the above plus proof of living in thailand eg.lease for condo

9. Any other information that might be useful

You don't have to study thai,you can study any language that is not native to you and the school has a course for it.Immigration are starting to do basic tests on thai,simple questions that if you are studying you can reply to in thai,but noone i know has had any problems

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Can you apply or an ERd Visa in Thailand and travel to a neighbouring country or do you have to apply in your home country?

When you have a ED Student visa, you have to go to immigration office every 3 months to extend your visa 90 days. If you need to go out of Thailand, you must pay 1000THB and fill a form everytime that u need to leave the country (like holidays..) i don't know if there is a limit

Blog en français sur Pattaya