IGNORED

Koh Larn Island Trip - girl fell out of our boat!

wanking

I went on a day trip to Koh Larn Island with one of my Thai lady friends at the end of January during my recent trip. We took an afternoon ferry that cost 150 baht return each. You take a boat that holds over 100 people from Pattaya pier, and then because there is no pier in Koh Larn you transfer to a smaller wooden boat about 500 meters from the beach, and that boat takes you to the beach.

We had a pleasant afternoon and I got to take plenty of pervy photos of sexy Russian babes.

On the way back, the sea got a little rough and we all had to wade out up to our waists to get into the smaller boat. The boat was rocking all over the place, and about 300 meters from the beach, a young Russian girl of around 20 years fell into the water. Luckily she was a good swimmer and she comfortably swam back to shore, along with her boyfriend who jumped in after her. I believe they had to wait for the next boat back an hour later. Had she not been able to swim, she might have drowned as the guy controlling the boat didnt seem to give a fuck.

If you are thinking of visiting Koh Larn, I think you would be better take a speedboat, which you could share with others although it might cost you around 1000 baht.

Have a look at the video below to see how dodgy the Ferry set up is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftld1-j5nrg

Another video of our afternoon on Koh Larn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxQUTiAIdsA

Edited by wanking

Is this at certain times of the day then as there was a pier on Koh Larn when I went last year? Not a very good one mind as it seemed to have bits of metal sticking out all over the place.

Our ferry was also cheaper. Maybe the boat you went on had a deal with the beach to take you there direct.

Edited by DavidL

Went on the same ferry last year, but the sea was quite calm. Could be a bit of a struggle to get into the small boat for older people, but good fun.

I would recommend anyone to go to Koh Larn for the day with a TG.

jen 026 (93).jpg

Cheers

Tony

There are multiple beaches onthe island.

I took the 30 Baht ferry which ties up to a very long dock out at the island. Shown here.

beach ferry docked.jpg