IGNORED

Urethral Syndrome

shaggy

Good Day fellow Addicts

I caught a STI through ORAL sex without condom last October.The symptoms were similar to Gonorrhea or Non Specified Urethritis.

I was given a Ceftriaxone injection and a course of Doxycyline. After a week the symptoms cleared.

When I returned to Pattaya in December,I tested for STI and HIV at the Pattaya International Hospital.

The tests were all negative to my relief and I did not need any further treatment.

After 2 weeks of moderate mongering in Pattaya with CONDOM,the symptoms of NSU returned.

I went to the Pattaya International Hospital and had another set of tests.This time the tests confirmed NSU.

I got a 250ml CEF3 (Ceftriaxone) injection and 10 day course of Doxycyline.

I returned to work in Farangland and my water-works were normal.

I returned to Pattaya late January and behaved myself while I was here.

Unfortunately I had slight pain and discomfiture in my urethra after only one sexual encounter with condom.

I returned to the PIH and was referred to the Urologist.

I had an ultrasound scan of the abdomen KUB.(Kidney,Urethra and bladder)The scan was normal and no abnormalities were found.

The Urologist at PIH explained that my condition is called "Urethral Syndrome".The urethra has been damaged by vigorous sex or STI.

When the body's immune system is run down and/or stress can trigger discomfiture and pain in the urethra without any discharge.

During my recurrent NSU symptoms I did not have any discharge.

The Urologist wanted to prescribe some medications.I asked him if it was antibiotics

(as I had taken a course of Doxycycline and CEF3 injection)

He said that it was specifically for the urethritis and I had to take it for a long time.

I refused the medications as I wanted a second opinion.

I had a urethral loop swab and urine test for STI before I left Pattaya.The tests were negative.

Perplexed I mentioned to the GP about the Urethral Syndrome and he agreed with the Urologist.

I had a complete sexual health screen this week in my home-town.The results in 2 weeks.

In the meantime the mild pain,discomfiture and irritation in the urethra continues.

Has any BM experienced this condition called "Urethral Syndrome" or similar symptoms? Your feedback and advice will be much appreciated.

I am 54 years,perhaps its part of the ageing process?

Many thanks lads. Stay Safe.

M.I.A.M.I~Money Is A Major Issue

Shaggy

Hello shaggy

Here are some treatment notes that I hope might help. First Gonorrhea and NSU need seperate treatments, and while ceftrioxone is the drug of choice for Gonorrhea, Doxycycline is not effective against NSU. The treatment until recently would be a one gram dose of azithromicin - this was effective against chlamidia. More recently it has been found that people infected with chlamidia are often also infected with M genetalium, and this is often what causes recurrent symptoms. A better treatment would be first day 1g Azithromycin, second day 250mg and third day 250mg. However recent study shows increasing resistance to azithromicine and a five day cours my now be necessary. If you or your doc are interested in the evidence for this it is here http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/47/12/1546.full Urethral syndrome is a contoversial diagnoses and may be an outdated term (ref http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/451683-overview). In any event it is generally more associated with women than men. I am willing to bet that a course of Azithromicin will clear up the problem.

Note That also ceftrioxone is available in SEA as a 400mg tablet (cefixime) This is taken as a single dose for gonorrhea

Hope this helps

Stay healthy!

Edited by kwaiyai

Hello shaggy

Here are some treatment notes that I hope might help. First Gonorrhea and NSU need seperate treatments, and while ceftrioxone is the drug of choice for Gonorrhea, Doxycycline is not effective against NSU. The treatment until recently would be a one gram dose of azithromicin - this was effective against chlamidia. More recently it has been found that people infected with chlamidia are often also infected with M genetalium, and this is often what causes recurrent symptoms. A better treatment would be first day 1g Azithromycin, second day 250mg and third day 250mg. However recent study shows increasing resistance to azithromicine and a five day cours my now be necessary. If you or your doc are interested in the evidence for this it is here http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/47/12/1546.full Urethral syndrome is a contoversial diagnoses and may be an outdated term (ref http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/451683-overview). In any event it is generally more associated with women than men. I am willing to bet that a course of Azithromicin will clear up the problem.

Note That also ceftrioxone is available in SEA as a 400mg tablet (cefixime) This is taken as a single dose for gonorrhea

Hope this helps

Stay healthy!

Shaggy

Hello Kwaiyai

Many thanks mate for the information and links.

I will discuss the treatment you have suggested with my Doctor in 2 weeks.

Once again many thanks for your valuable feedback.Much appreciated Kwaiyai.

Shaggy

Had a similar/same thing in my much younger years. It would clear up with the meds and then if I partied to hard and sometimes stress and/or the combination of the two would return. Was a pain in the ass but figured it was my body telling me to slow down.

Had a similar/same thing in my much younger years. It would clear up with the meds and then if I partied to hard and sometimes stress and/or the combination of the two would return. Was a pain in the ass but figured it was my body telling me to slow down.

Hello Up2Usexyman

During the last 3 years I have had pain spasms starting at the groin and then "shooting" down to the rectal area.The pain concentrates in the rectal area for 30 minutes to an hour at times.It usually occurs at night when I am laying down.The pain eases when I sit down in the toilet.

This pain spasm occurs once or twice every month even when I am not partying!

The pain usually occurs when I am sexually aroused and do not have an orgasm over a long period.

I had a DRE and Ultrasound scan(Digital Rectal Examination)of the prostate last month in Pattaya International hospital.

My PSA level was normal.Nothing abnormal was found.

I am going to wait for my test results and ask to be referred to a Urologists.

Many thanks for your feedback mate.

Shaggy