IGNORED

Please friends....be careful....i got sick in Pattaya

lakisscorpio

Hello,my friends.............i wanna share with you my story(a bad one)about a health matter...

Let's take things from the beginning.........

from 24th august 2010 until 24th september 2010,i was in Pattaya.........Everything was great!!!Party,dance,girls,mongering with friends..........had the time of my life!!!it wasn't the first time in pattaya but my 3rd.....10 days defore i leave,i met this wonderful girl and we spent all these 10 days together.........i was so pleased.........she took care of me,she did not ask for money,she was great.........and of course,we had sex........WITHOUT CONDOM.......I know that was not a smart thing to do but i felt so close to her and fall for her that i couldn't resist.........and the sex was great!!!!

the time has come for me to leave back in my country(Greece)........we were calling eachother everyday........you know.....how much she miss me,she loves me,blah,blah,blah.........i was planning to visit her again on April 2011........i was so happy that i could see her again....i lived only for this!!!my mind was there with her!!!i wasn't thinking(and i did not care)anything else!!!!i was living with the dream to go and see her again!!!!!

1st of January 2011 and after a party with a lot of drinks and food,i was not feeling very well!!!!my stomach aches badly!!!i throw up 3 times that day but again i was not feeling well.........i said to myself that it must be from the drinks and the food so i did not pay attention too much!!!!i said to myself that in a few days it'll be gone!!!

But the whole week i was like that!!!!i felt very tired(exhausted)and my eyes turn yellow!!!!

So i decided to go to my doctor..........the doctor when he saw me like that he told me that i must go NOW(as i am)to a hospital!!!!so i did..............i went to a hospital,they did a blood test and the result was..........ACUTE HEPATITIS B or HBV in the worst form!!!!!!!!

the only way you can "catch" this is 1)by blood(if the "infected" blood {by shots or by TRANSFUSION)"contact" your blood 2)by unprotected sex

My friends,believe me............IT WAS THE WORST TIME IN MY LIFE!!!for 45 i was in a hospital vomitting every hour!!!!!i could not drink water!!!!i was with serum so i could not dehydrate...........i lost 30 kilos!!!!..........i could not move.........i did not have the power to go in toilet!!!!!it was a nightmare!!!!!!!i do not wish that to my worst enemy!!!!!

Thank God,now i am better!!!!i got out of hospital and i am in my home trying to recover........the doctor says that i am doing well but the danger still exists!!!in the following 6 months we will see what happens......maybe my body expell the virus or the virus stays in me forever........and that will be not GOOD!!!!!

The doctor told to my mother that i was a lucky bastard!!!!he was expecting a "Hepatic coma" and if this had happened,i had to do Liver transplantation!!!!The things that saved me was that i am no drinker and i do not smoke........and also i workout(gym,walking,swimming)

so,my friends..........PLEASE.......BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

I ask the doctor if some has the virus and everything is OK(i mean,have no pain or other problem)and he told yes it is possible..........it's possible to have the virus and be OK and he/she don't know it!!!!!

i do not blame her..........maybe she knew maybe not(i call her and told her to go for a blood test for HBV)

PUT THE BLAME ON ME!!!!!!I MADE TERRIBLE MISTAKES!!!!!!

FIRST MISTAKES

I did not do the shot(injection)for the HBV!!!!It is so easy.....you go ato a hospital and ask for it!!!!!

SECOND MISTAKE

I had unprotected sex!!!!!The doctor said that things could be worst(AIDS)!!!!!

and all in this forum,always tell us to be careful!!!!and i knew this!!!!!!!But like an stupid,idiot,mindless man i am said to myself:"Bullshit,this is not going to happen to me!!!!"

But it happened!!!

SO PLEASE,MY FRIENDS!!!!!

MAKE ALL THE INJECTION(NOT ONLY FOR HBV)WHEN YOU VISITING ASIA....

ALWAYS CONDOM WHEN YOU HAVE SEX

AND IF YOU FALL FOR A GIRL,GO TO HOSPITAL TOGETHER FOR TEST AND BLOOD TEST

GOD BLESS YOU!!!

PS:Anyone that thinks i am not telling the truth,i have all the documemts from the hospital and doctors!!!!if someone want i can send them but it's on Greek......

thanks for sharing your experience and i'm glad you're getting better. let it be a reminder for us all, always use protection. do you think you will still return in April and see her again? the other thing that scares me is that it took 3 months to show up in your system?? also, did you actually get checked for HIV aswell?

Edited by feelus

Sorry for your luck. Glad you made a recovery. Hopefully your body clears it. I think over 90% of people will clear it so chance is on your side! Take car of yourself. From what I believe there are also two types of carriers and two different types of tests to detect them? Some carriers of hep b won't be detected with the normal test (not common I believe.) So, better to get the jabs anyways even if your partner gets the clear on the blood tests.

Aâ™  If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Hep B is for life..scarry.

Get vaccined for hep B and C. Its easy - 1 jab and then 4 weeks later one more jab.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Most would not have the courage to talk about catching HBV, what you say is true, it is one tough virus.

95 % clear the virus so the odds are with you , and once you have had it and clear it you are then immune to it.

But it can knock the fuck out of your liver and can kill.

Hope you make a speedy recovery and thanks for the warnings.

Get vaccined for hep B and C. Its easy - 1 jab and then 4 weeks later one more jab.

Just to correct your information a little. There is no immunization for hep C. Only hep A and B. Also, i believe over %90 of healthy adults will clear their hep B infections and then gain immunity. So, it's not always for life. Children born from mothers with hep B almost always become life long carriers of hep B though unless the right precautions are taken.

Aâ™  If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

First let me say I'm glad your better now and thanks for sharing your story which may make some people wake up and see the light.

So many times I've heard people asking on this forum and others about 'What inoculations do I need for LOS' only to have several replies from people saying I never bother and I'm always OK.

Hep B jab in the UK is an expensive jab at around £150 unless you can persuade the local GU clinic to give it to you for free but worth every penny. I just hope your post will persuade more people to get it done.

Thanks for sharing.

Some good info on HepB here Hep B

Edited by DavidL

I wish you all the best my friend and hope you have a full clear recovery.

This is a very good reminder to us all. Its too easy to get comfortable with a BG after spending a few days with her and getting to know her that you think this girl is to beautiful, clean and nice to have anything so it will be ok but we should all realise that even the nicest and most beautiful people can carry anc pass on these things.

take care out there.

The only vaccine I got before my 1st trip to Thailand was Twinrix which is a combo for hep A and B.

Will get my 3rd dose when I come back in mid Mar 2011 and then I should be fine for next 10 years regarding this shit.

Not regretting investing around 160 euro for 3 doses.

This bareback issue is a real bugger when you're with a girl for more than a week so it's easy for everyone to slip.

If we'll always play it safe then we wouldn't even come to Thailand or have sex at all since even condoms are not 100% safe (plus condom breaking)...

Thank you for posting what happen to you. Hope you will recover 100%.

I`m going to the doc next week after reading your post, never bother about getting the Hep B shot. Now i will get it for sure.

:Greetings9:

Lakiss and thank you for sharing your experiance and the warning which I am sure will be appreciated by all!

I wish you a speedy recovery.

:Chokdee:

Hoffmeister :Circle_Sharks:

Thanks for sharing your experience. Already your story is helping others to wake up, play a little safer and get their shots.

All the best for a full recovery

Before my first trip I went to the Dr and told them I was going to Thailand.

They recommended 4 different shots.

Now I HATE needles but the risk of catching sometime that could easily be avoided with a shot really is not worth it.

Please everyone listen to this story and take heed. Get the shots before you leave!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I'm happy that you are recovering. Bright side is if your body kicks it you will have heaps of antibodies! Good health to you.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Sorry to hear about that. I suspect this happens a lot more often than people think.

Some types of Hep B can be removed from your body if your body can not get rid of it itself. The treatment is a bit nasty but effective. My stupid brother contracted Hep B via the other main cause and underwent the treatment.

Anyone who comes to Pattaya (or plans to) regularly should get immunised. Hep A is not so serious but can be contracted via food and drink.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I thought these things are free on the NHS over here. Anyway it will be money well spent IMO.

Thank for sharing your story with us pal and I hope you make a full recovery.

Edited by kopite

mate thanks for sharing. im pleased to hear that you are ok now.

this is realy awake up call for all - since i read this you realy got me worried now as it has taken 3 months to show up.

I was in LOS few weeks ago did all the usual at the end of my trip i bareback one lady for less than 5 sec, condom feel off and i accidentally went in, pulled out than continued with a fresh condom. last week she went for monthly check and given all clear. But, im frightened to visit my GP. any advice anyone?

Edited by tiger007

Thanks for sharing that Bro. Let that be a valuable lesson to us all.

Wishing you the speediest of recoveries buddy.

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....

Thanks for your post that reminds us HEPATITS B is the biggest pandemic in the world, far in front of HIV.

If everybody going to Pattaya had vaccin, this would not happen.

Edited by jojomecanic

The immunizations are really worth it!

Sorry you got sick man, glad you are getting better.

Thanks for your post that reminds us HEPATITS B is the miggest pandemic in the world, far in front of HIV.

If everybody going to Pattaya had vaccin, this would not happen.

Makes me wonder how many girls in patts get the hep vaccine?

There exists a vaccine for HEP A&B a combined version is called Twinrix in some markets. You need 3 shots for almost complete protection. A booster shot after 30 days of the first shot and another boost 6 months later. It gives you protection for 10 years or so (not sure). You need to get the shot at least 30 days before travel to get any sort of protection.

If you have not been vaccinated you can get the doctor to check your blood for antibodies, people from contaminated countries have been exposed at childhood and have some sort of protection (I think thats what my doc said). If you travel to anywhere where sanitation is a concern you should get two vaccines ahead of time and keep up with the boosters. For Hep C, well use common sense, not like Pamela Anderson.

Edited by ax083