IGNORED

expedia

the fox

Hi

Has anybody ever booked flights or hotels through expedia before

i have found flights and hotels a lot cheaper but im not sure

i dont want to arrive at airport or hotel

and find i have no booking and lost my money.

As others have said no problem with Expedia. I usually book through Travelsupermarket. Its a good comparison website

Expedia is the largest travel retailer in the world. Originally started by Microsoft and spun off for billions. They also own hotels.com, Hotwire, & TripAdvisor among others. Thy have a deal with Thomas Cook as well and their websites are almost identical. Their prices are good on some properties and not so on others. For air travel, the advantage is that you can mix and match airlines to get the best times and shorter layovers. They're having a pissing contest with American Airlines right now and you can't get AA flights through them. They will price match anybody who sells a room cheaper and give you a $50 credit. This is called the Best Rate Guarantee. One can easily pay nothing for hotel rooms, especially in Thailand. Check out hotels Combined's prices vs Expedia's. Make sure it's for the same room. Make sure the breakfast option is the same. Book 1 night with the more expensive Expedia. Call them and tell them you have a BRG claim. For example it's $3 cheaper on Orbitz. They'll diddlyfuck around for about 15 or 20 mins and hope you hang up. They then will match the price and give you a $50 credit. Book night 2 and repeat the procedure. They've now limited BRG claims to 3 times per calendar month. Plan ahead and stay for free. I do it all the time. wj

thank you very much guys i will use them today i think im saving around $2400 au for my entire trip going through them

once again a big thanks.

Ive used expedia and orbitz for most of my trips. A good site to use tho is Kayak.com it will show you the cheapest flight between all the different sites.

When using Travelocity, Kayak, or any others is there a way to book flight to Bkk and hotel in Patts as a package deal? Whenever I try the package, it gives me flight and hotel in Bkk.

Expedia seems to only have a selection of hotels. Agoda seems to have more (for asia anyway). Anyone know of a comparison site for hotels?

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

kayak does it all. hotels, flights, cars. It searches airline sites and agoda, priceline, expedia, orbitz, ect.

I have used them a few times. Today I booked my flight from Washington DC to BKK on Orbitz and got a great deal on Korean Air that is leaving on Monday morning.

usually use expedia for flights only as they are generally a few pounds cheaper, but my next flight in May is

through airline network, Came in at 50 pounds cheaper for my dates. Ebookers tend to be cheaper on hotels, on a par

with Agoda when factoring in Agoda's service charge etc

As with everything just keep checking the different sites as they tend to have airline/hotel promotions over diffent

dates.

babydollsaddict.gif

Glad i've seen this thread as i'm going to book a flight soon for a trip in late June/early July.

Found an Emirates flight thats coming up about £70 cheaper on Expedia when compared to the Emirates website. I'm not sure how this is as I usually thought the prices only varied slightly between sites. Anyway, based on the threads responses looks as though they will be a safe bet and hopefully the flight is still coming up cheaper when I book this weekend.

Cheers

Since my last post I have read quite a few online reviews of Expedia in general and not specific to the UK site. It has got some bad reviews and people have said they have passed on credit card details to other third parties.

Now in 2 minds but really wanted to go with the flight on the Expedia UK site as its £550ish there but on Emirates official site its about £630. Booked diectly with emirates before with no problems but this year I need to budget a bit more.

Any further feedack specific to the UK Expedia site would be great.

I used Expedia to orgnize my trip. Last time two years ago, I traveled with my wife in Acapulco-Mexico on our vacation. and all was perfectly- hotel as described, all excursions with local agency arranged by expedia fully satisfactory. Expedia has my absolute trust.

muhara

Expedia is probably the most trustworthy travel site out there. They deal with all the major hotel brands and airlines. Trust me you will have absolutely no issue with them.