Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A warning about Liquid Lounge

Darksilk

I decided to go the guesthouse route for my 5th trip to Pattaya. After reading many reviews on this board I decided to go with the Liquid Lounge.I checked into the lounge on feb 15th. The room was nice enough, but the safe was a key operated safe. At the time I didnt give it much thought until the second day of my stay. I went into my safe and there was 5000 baht missing. I had left 11,000 baht in there the previous day and when I went in the next day there was only 6000. Before anyone ask, no a girl didnt take it because up until that point I hadnt had anyone in my room yet, and no I didn't get drunk and misplace it because I rarely drink as the board members Ive been hanging out with during this trip can attest to. The only thing I can think of is one of the staff got an extra key and went into my safe and took the money. The problem is I have no proof, but the money was there. I wanted to tell the owners but they were never there and the girls run the place. I'm not writing this to get the money back, thats not the issue, I just wanted the board members considering staying there to be aware and if any of the owners are on this board I want them to be aware of this in case it happens to someone else. I regret I paid for the first week upon arriving so I could not leave but yesterday I moved out and went to classroom where I'll spend the remainder of my vacation. Anyone considering going there be aware of leaving your money in the safes there.

Edited by Darksilk

Do unto others then run like a mother

I just ordered one of these safe locks from the net. I hope it works and arrives before my next trip.

Thanks for the warning.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I decided to go the guesthouse route for my 5th trip to Pattaya. After reading many reviews on this board I decided to go with the Liquid Lounge.I checked into the lounge on feb 15th. The room was nice enough, but the safe was a key operated safe. At the time I didnt give it much thought until the second day of my stay. I went into my safe and there was 5000 baht missing. I had left 11,000 baht in there the previous day and when I went in the next day there was only 6000. Before anyone ask, no a girl didnt take it because up until that point I hadnt had anyone in my room yet, and no I didn't get drunk and misplace it because I rarely drink as the board members Ive been hanging out with during this trip can attest to. The only thing I can think of is one of the staff got an extra key and went into my safe and took the money. The problem is I have no proof, but the money was there. I wanted to tell the owners but they were never there and the girls run the place. I'm not writing this to get the money back, thats not the issue, I just wanted the board members considering staying there to be aware and if any of the owners are on this board I want them to be aware of this in case it happens to someone else. I regret I paid for the first week upon arriving so I could not leave but yesterday I moved out and went to classroom where I'll spend the remainder of my vacation. Anyone considering going there be aware of leaving your money in the safes there.

sorry to hear that mate,but when i stopped there it was a digital safe and i never had a problem,but cheers for letting us no.

Edited by ljc

Hmm. Stayed there last September, but I had a room with a digital safe. Strange they got a mix.

I was in room #3 and that room has a manual safe with a key. It makes sense that the room with a manual safe is the one that gets robbed.

Where is Liquid Lounge?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Darksilk, but appreciate the FYI post on what happened.

I just ordered one of these safe locks from the net. I hope it works and arrives before my next trip.

Interesting link RAM8...post up a review when it shows up if you don't mind. I had no idea those electronic safes were so easy to defeat till I saw a Youtube video recently that about about made me shit myself thinking what I have left in those safes on previous trips.

41553083.jpg

Sorry to hear of your misfortune DS, it's really annoying when stuff like that happen. If my memory serves me well I believe there where a thread earlier about Liquid Lounge and stuff gone missing

I was in room #3 and that room has a manual safe with a key. It makes sense that the room with a manual safe is the one that gets robbed.

It is a bad idea to answer after a few beers >.< Thinking about it I was staying at Club Blu. Somehow I'm glad I did after hearing this.

:Greetings9:

Darksilk,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune and thank you for the warning! Like you I think it is not about the money (unless it effects your budget) but about the trust of the hotel staff and thinking that they will be in the room every day and not knowing if they will "lift" anything else of your personal belongings etc! If it happened to me it would leave a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of my stay at the hotel and make me uptight, I would seriously look for other accomadation if circumstances permited, there are plenty of decent hotels in the area as I am sure you know already!

Hope it does not ruin the rest of your stay!

:Chokdee:

Hoffmeister :Circle_Sharks:

I regret I paid for the first week upon arriving so I could not leave

Now you know why in Patts you must never never book and pay accomodation in advance. One or two nights is the maximum.

This can happen anywhere in Pattaya but luckily you only lost 5000 baht. I would be more worried about loosing a laptop or memorycard etc..

I wanted to tell the owners but they were never there and the girls run the place.

Did you ask them to contact the owners? At least some kind of management or owners were there almost every night on my last two trips. I also stayed there 4 weeks and found staff to be very helpful. I don't know if it is same staff now.

babydollsaddict.gif

I shower only me

The streets don't change but maybe the names

Sorry to read that Gary, and I can attest that you were no big drinker. Hope you still have a great trip, I miss you guys.

Viking

Hey Viking we miss you also. Skeeter P left yesterday and team awesome is down to just 2 now.

Invest in these, these have been mentioned here on PA as recommended items before:

Interesting tech.

The overhead to set it up and take it of seems a bit high though.

After going into the safe 2 or 3 times a day I think i'd get fed up of setting it all up, pulling the belt through, tucking it in etc.

Interesting tech.

After going into the safe 2 or 3 times a day I think i'd get fed up of setting it all up, pulling the belt through, tucking it in etc.

I'm with you on that.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Thanks for the warning. I'll be staying there later this week. If I end up in room 3 I will take precautions.....

Interesting tech.

yes i was thinking that as i watched.

Hey Viking we miss you also. Skeeter P left yesterday and team awesome is down to just 2 now.

Miss you brother, and that shit at Liquid was shady,They will never get my business

Stayed at Liquid Lounge before, Room 1. No problems while I was there though. The room did have a coded safe, I never used it though. Sorry to hear about your experiance there OP.

SB

Edited by surfbug

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=Pattaya%20Arrival&count=down&time=1299270600000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

Stayed at Liquid Lounge before, Room 1. No problems while I was there though. The room did have a coded safe, I never used it though. Sorry to hear about your experiance there OP.

SB

I'm in the same room right now. The safe has the coded pad but it needs to be replaced. Have to try 2 or 3 times to get it to open. Because of that skiped using it.