Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Walk in to Hotel and ask price

Jake74

Hi,

I usually book hotel from agoda, booking.com or email directly to hotel and ask special price/discount. I think many of you book a room just for a few nights and find another hotel when in Pattaya; if the first hotel or room is not so good.

I'm going with my wingman to Pattaya 01.04 - 17.04, have booked hotel only for the first week (Sabai Lodge) and we are thinking to find a new hotel for the second week while we are in Pattaya.

One alternative is Baywalk residence. I checked from their website that basic superior room is 2600, booking.com says 2100 and agoda 1850 during mid April.

My question is, do you usually get even better price if you just walk in to hotel and ask for a room, in this case 2 rooms for 8 nights.

Is there some special tips how to handle to "negotiations" with the hotel? Maybe first let them understand that only 1 room for a few nights and then get the price even lower when mention that 2 rooms for 8 nights etc. ???

Have someone got very low price for Baywalk Residence? For me that agodas 1850 is just fine, but wingman might want something close to 1000; I think 1000 cannot happen with Baywalk even in low season.

Hi,

I usually book hotel from agoda, booking.com or email directly to hotel and ask special price/discount. I think many of you book a room just for a few nights and find another hotel when in Pattaya; if the first hotel or room is not so good.

I'm going with my wingman to Pattaya 01.04 - 17.04, have booked hotel only for the first week (Sabai Lodge) and we are thinking to find a new hotel for the second week while we are in Pattaya.

One alternative is Baywalk residence. I checked from their website that basic superior room is 2600, booking.com says 2100 and agoda 1850 during mid April.

My question is, do you usually get even better price if you just walk in to hotel and ask for a room, in this case 2 rooms for 8 nights.

Is there some special tips how to handle to "negotiations" with the hotel? Maybe first let them understand that only 1 room for a few nights and then get the price even lower when mention that 2 rooms for 8 nights etc. ???

Have someone got very low price for Baywalk Residence? For me that agodas 1850 is just fine, but wingman might want something close to 1000; I think 1000 cannot happen with Baywalk even in low season.

What price did you pay for the Sabai Lodge?

What price did you pay for the Sabai Lodge?

For me Deluxe Cottage from Dolphin pool 1750baht.

For my wingman Superior B from Dolphin pool 900baht.

Can't say I've tried it myself. The Internet Rate is usually much better than the Rack Rate (walk-in rate) in any case. I've seen a few posts where BM's have successfully walked in and negotiated the Internet rate or slightly better, and on the other hand I've seen posts where the BM was refused a discount and only offered the Rack Rate. Guess it depends on the hotel policy, and whether the Manager on duty is feeling kind that day. Occupancy levels don't seem to make a difference to the walk-in prices, not surprisingly TIT.

I guess it depends on how adventurous/confident you feel yourself. Me, I like everything pre-booked so I don't have any accommodation worries when I arrive.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

For me Deluxe Cottage from Dolphin pool 1750baht.

For my wingman Superior B from Dolphin pool 900baht.

Below are the prices I got for March which is still classed as hi season e-mailing direct.

- Deluxe Large Pool : 1,350.-/room/night.

- Deluxe C : 1,050.-/room/night.

- Standard : 850.-/room/night.

I have seen people walk in and get the same prices.

Agoda does have the lowest prices , i never managed to get a better price when walking in .

Though it makes a difference when you're with a Thai girl and let her do the talking ,

my girl is always getting a better offer then when i walk in alone .

Keep in mind song karn is mid April and it will be difficult to get a room or a good deal anyway .

Below are the prices I got for March which is still classed as hi season e-mailing direct.

- Deluxe Large Pool : 1,350.-/room/night.

- Deluxe C : 1,050.-/room/night.

- Standard : 850.-/room/night.

I have seen people walk in and get the same prices.

Here are all the room prices they offered:

Deluxe Large Pool 1,250.-/room/night

Deluxe Ruenthai 1,650.-/room/night

Deluxe Cottage 1,750.-/room/night

Deluxe C 1,050.-/room/night

Superior B 900.-/room/night

I'm in the hotel business at a smaller place granted but it may be some insight from you. Depending how busy the place is a walk in may get a better rate on the day vs someone booking on the internet because day of you know there is a good chance unless it is a special day you will get stuck with some empty rooms. It never hurts to ask. Be polite, be quiet and respectful and you might get a better rate.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had some great deals over the years by just simply asking at the reception (walk in).How ever if you just target one property you may well end up disappointed, and this is also usually the case during Thai holidays and the top of the peak season.

It seems that there is a new hotel opening every month now and many have great offers.Just spend a morning looking around and target the newer properties and you may well be suprised at what's on offer. Of course supply and demand is the name of the game along with good manners and smartish dress.

I have beenn offered good prices on a few occations by walking in (BKK not Patts, but think it is same same). Only problem you have as i see it is the time of year - still high season - and it is the Songkran period, so hotels might be busy and not likely to give discounts.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

plan to go pattaya at low season,very good prices

I plan on going in July.Looked on dusit d2 website and they say over 4000 per night,would i be better Emailing them to see if i could get it lower ?

I would say no, booking on net will normally give the best rate.On the few occasion I tryed a walk-in prices have always been substatial higher than web booking.

If you'll go thru all the hazzle to save a few baht you may find daytime where manager or other with the necesarry authority are on duty.

Tried Sandy Springs on 2 different occassions email price versus walk in price and both were the same, no discount but you can't book it through agoda. I think unless you get talking to the hotel manager you're not going to get anything as front line staff won't have the authority to give a discount.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

I have been staying at Mike Orchid resort in soi 4. ..big rooms, good air-conditioning, girl friendly and nice pool...

The room rate is about 1700 baht but I just tell them that I usually only pay 1300 Baht and they just agree with me and charge that amount. I did email them once and told them that I wanted a room for 1300 Baht and they replied with a confirmation...No deposit until I arrived and I only booked for 3 days.

Seems that the prices are very flexible if you show confidence and just tell them...love the thai people.

:ThumbUp6:

www.mikethailand.com/mikeorchidresort

Only problem is when you find a regular girl in a bar at the end of the street it is hard to get back to the hotel with another one without getting sprung..so i might look for an alternate hotel in the same range

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Tried Sandy Springs on 2 different occassions email price versus walk in price and both were the same, no discount but you can't book it through agoda. I think unless you get talking to the hotel manager you're not going to get anything as front line staff won't have the authority to give a discount.

so what was Sandy Springs like....looks ok on the web..is it girl friendly?

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire