Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

D Apartment (New Wing)

Frogster

I posted this report on another forum, but it is just as valid here...

December 2010 to January 2011, As a newbie to Pattaya, a friend booked me in for the first few days of my trip to the Diana Inn, not a bad price of 850 Bht per night with Breakfast. The room was OK but basic, and as it was my first trip I was not sure if this was the standard level of rooms in Pattaya. I decided I needed to find another place to stay.

My friend, who lives here saw this new place (D Apartment) when he was passing and asked about availability. The place was so new that the Monks were just completing the opening ritual and when they were finished he looked at the rooms for me.

Later that day I went and had a look myself as he told me they were very good.

The rooms are very large, I think about 50sq meters plus, lets say big enough for a good party, Air con, large fridge, free water and coffee, 32" Flat screen LCD, table chairs, Armchair, 2 x desk, Free WiFi in room, Daily room service, Good (very large) comfortable bed, 6sq mtr Balcony, in room electronic safe - large enough for a 15 inch laptop, quiet location, the Bathroom has a full size bath with shower over, a seperate large (2 people size) walk in shower, toilet, sink, counter etc. Free secure car park, 24 Hour security with video CCTV everywhere, lift, 24 hour reception, Roof top Swimming Pool, etc. All the usual things, Laundry service, (very friendly maid ) small kitchen area, etc.

So what to pay for a place like this...... I think I got a bargain a superior room for 1200 Bht per night, I could have had a slightly smaller room for 1000 bht but decided to go for the superior package..... I hope that this is not an introductionary price.

They are guest friendly and jokingly I asked if I could bring two ladies back, their answer was - two, three, four, no problem, if I have enough power!

I travel the world a lot, and usually stay in 5* hotels on business, Take my advice, You will be VERY happy if you can get in here for your stay.

For a reference, I would have been happy to pay more for this standard.

Located just off Soi Buakhao, near the LK Royal Suites, central road end.

Telephone: Ms.Buakhao +66(0) 38 720828, +66(0) 38 720829 (press 0)

E-mail: [email protected]

Enjoy!

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Image00010.jpg

Image00015.jpg

Image00017.jpg

Image00018.jpg

Image00019.jpg

Image00020.jpg

Image00021.jpg

Image00022.jpg

I would be delighted to offer anyone advice on "Understanding Thai women"... When I have some, I’ll let you know !

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PepeLePew

• izzyg

• Frogster

• Jake74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow looks really nice for the price.

Hope you will give a trip report mate.

Enjoy

markinaruba

Wow looks really nice for the price.

Hope you will give a trip report mate.

Enjoy

Sorry, not this time... it was a blur... so many places / girls / bars / gogo's / food places etc, didnt get all the names etc... but back in 4 weeks, maybe next time.

Oh, I have booked the same place again for 1 month at 27,000 baht inclusive. Happy with that deal - less than 1000 per night.

Here are a couple of a (special lady) enjoying the room... (Mods - the pictures are for scale reasons only - to get an idea of the size of the room) :rolleyes:

Champoo00001.jpg

Champoo00006.jpg

I would be delighted to offer anyone advice on "Understanding Thai women"... When I have some, I’ll let you know !

Thanks for the info & pics.

:001_Thank_You5:

Sorry, not this time... it was a blur... so many places / girls / bars / gogo's / food places etc, didnt get all the names etc... but back in 4 weeks, maybe next time.

Oh, I have booked the same place again for 1 month at 27,000 baht inclusive. Happy with that deal - less than 1000 per night.

Here are a couple of a (special lady) enjoying the room... (Mods - the pictures are for scale reasons only - to get an idea of the size of the room) :rolleyes:

Champoo00001.jpg

Champoo00006.jpg

Good info mate thank you.. that looks like a top of the range fuck chair in "loom"...i hope you give it a test run..nice hotel(is the lobby all open plan)i passed it last week and thought it looked a bit wierd from the road..good price and great location

Good info mate thank you.. that looks like a top of the range fuck chair in "loom"...i hope you give it a test run..nice hotel(is the lobby all open plan)i passed it last week and thought it looked a bit wierd from the road..good price and great location

A good chair or couch for fucking is one of the things I find a lot of rooms at the ~1k baht range are missing. I like the bed but a different piece of furniture is a nice change.

I guess they don't have a website ? or email address

Yes they do have an e-mail address, i put it in my first post but guess you missed it...

Not sure about a web site, but they have a facebook page... http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/D.Apartment

Hope that helps

Champoo00001.jpg

Champoo00006.jpg

good monthly price, is that inclusive water electricy and breakfast?

and what room type?

good monthly price, is that inclusive water electricy and breakfast?

and what room type?

Thats the price I got for the delux superior (best grade) room for a month...

Water, electricity, Wi-fi, daily room service, etc, all included in the price... No breakfast (but Im never up for breakfast anyway lol)

Hello Frogster,

For me this looks good value. Besides the deluxe superior room, what kind of other rooms do they have? Do you have any ideas about the prices for those other rooms?

I also know more or less where the new D Apartment is. It's located in the soi behind the old D Aparment building, right? Is it quiet enough during the night?

How did you do your booking? Just by e-mail telling them that you will stay from date until date? Or otherwise...?

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards,

BrasTrav

Thats the price I got for the delux superior (best grade) room for a month...

Water, electricity, Wi-fi, daily room service, etc, all included in the price... No breakfast (but Im never up for breakfast anyway lol)

Edited by BrasTrav

Ad optimum.

For me this looks good value. Besides the deluxe superior room, what kind of other rooms do they have? Do you have any ideas about the prices for those other rooms?

I also know more or less where the new D Apartment is. It's located in the soi behind the old D Aparment building, right? Is it quiet enough during the night?

How did you do your booking? Just by e-mail telling them that you will stay from date until date? Or otherwise...?

I was one of their first customers, when it opened, so for my upcomeing trip I just sent them an e-mail and reserved it at the price they had already quoted me, they sent a confirmation back.

Have a look on their facebook page for a price list and room standards, but to be honest all the rooms in the new wing looked fantastic from what I saw.

Yes it is behind the old Apartment D building, and yes it is very quiet at night... well to be fair, I didn't usually get back till about 4.00 in the morning, but it was quiet enough for me and the TGF to sleep solidly till midday.

I have just had a look on the Facebook page and they have increased the price a little bit for the top end rooms, thats a sign that they have realised they were underpriced for what they were offering (supply & demand)... but if you make an offer haggel a bit, I am sure you will get the same price as me.

Good luck!

Edited by Frogster

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting, have booked for 3 nights in june on your recommendation.

will stay longer if i like the place..

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

Anyone stay in the old and new room before? Can i check what is the difference between the two type. keen to stay in D-apart but the price difference between them are quite a lot :)

Best Regards

Hi Guys,

Anyone stay in the old and new room before? Can i check what is the difference between the two type. keen to stay in D-apart but the price difference between them are quite a lot :)

Best Regards

I've only stayed in the new. Have to say one of the best appointed rooms I've found in Patts. I think the old are simply that, old and in the older block so if you want the pool you have to come down stairs then into the other building. New rooms have flat screen sony tvs, I suspect the old rooms have old CR type tvs etc, stuff like that.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Do we have a map or landmark?

D Apartments Pattaya Photo Guide

Bear in mind that when PPG was set up the new block hadn't been built so when you click the link you will see an empty plot. Scroll slightly to the right towards soi Bukao and you will see the entrance to the now old block.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

At the last days of June and the first days of July 2011 I've stayed in the new wing of D Apartment. The new wing – D2 for short – is located behind the old building – D1 for short – at Soi Buakhaow, next to the LK Royal Suite en approximately 5 minutes walking to Pattaya Klang (Pattaya Central Road).

I've made my reservation by e-mail a few months before arrival. If you like your reservation to be confirmed, ask a friend or someone you know and living in Pattaya to pay for you a one night deposit cash at D2 beforehand. It can be usefull if you're arriving after 06:00 PM. When you are sure that you can arrive before 06:00 PM, then this is not necessary and the e-mail is well enough. Paying in advance by credit card, like Visa or MasterCard is not possible!

When I did my reservation I've asked for a "superior room with big balcony and sofa". I bargained about the price of 1300 Thai Baht per night during low season and brought it to 1200 Thai Baht per night. At arrival and suprisingly I've got a "deluxe room with big balcony and sofa". The manager, a very kind and sweet lady, tried to give me another room but I reminded her about our agreement (the e-mail, reservation, price).

One very small issue maybe... D Apartment doesn't serve breakfast. It is an "serviced apartment", but that was never a problem to me.

Hereby a small summary of the deluxe room:

- very large room, clean, beautiful and stylish designed (superior 45 m2, deluxe 50 m2)

- free wifi

- fan

- adjustable airconditioning

- sofa for one person

- big bed

- refrigerator

- big flatscreen tv

- complimentary 2 small bottles of water every day

- warm waterboiler for making coffee and tea

- kitchenette met sink, but without stove

- new towels every day

- cleaning every day

- nice bathroom with bathtub and shower

- free soaps, shampoo and showercaps

- an electronic numeric safe in the closet

- balcony with small clothehorse

- complimentary use of 2 computers in the lobby

- swimmingpool with jacuzzi on the rooftop

- quiet location

- big parking lot for cars and motorbikes

In the small soi, that ends on Soi Buakhaow, are a few laundry shops. Closeby Soi Buakhaow there are a few Family Mart's, a 7-Eleven and a pharmacy. The bahtbusses (songtheaws) driving on Soi Buakhoaw in each direction. It's quite easy for driving to Walking Street and in the direction of Pattaya Klang (Central Road) and Pattaya Sai Song (Second Road). Those who like to walk a bit can easely go to Central Festival if you walk through the small market right across the old building (D1). It takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes walking to reach Central Road and Central Festival.

D Apartment used a page on Facebook. Recently they also have a brand new website.

Location: http://wikimapia.org/#lat=12.9342678&lon=100.8883417&z=17&l=0&m=b

Edited by BrasTrav

Ad optimum.

At the last days of June and the first days of July 2011 I've stayed in the new wing of D Apartment. The new wing – D2 for short – is located behind the old building – D1 for short – at Soi Buakhaow, next to the LK Royal Suite en approximately 5 minutes walking to Pattaya Klang (Pattaya Central Road).

I

Nice little review.

I think it is worth pointing out the safes in D2 are the wide laptop type and the TVs are flat screen Sony with HDMI inputs.

RULES

1NQq.gif

The hotel is guest friendly? for the new D2?? and How far is it from the action, like Soi 6 and etc. Thank you for great info guys

The hotel is guest friendly? for the new D2?? and How far is it from the action, like soi 6 and etc. Thank you for great info guys

Very guest friendly, if you present your BF to reception they will take ID.

It is just off Soi Bukao at the Pattaya Klang (central rd) end. Check my Pattaya Photo Guide link a few posts above. It's walking distance to Soi LK, Sois 6, 7 & 8 but you'd probably want to grab a baht bus or moto taxi to Walking Street.

RULES

1NQq.gif