Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Addicts Watermarking

LaaMok

I will let the members vote for this one and in two weeks time, I will go with the majority vote!

I make it we have passed the 2 weeks given to vote.

At 56 - 28 in favour, are you declaring a result?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edge

• kineow

• 7-Eleven

• LaaMok

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, watermarking, copyrights, and all the rest really don't make much difference.

Especially if someone has photoshop skills.

addicts_88square-daily.gif

addicts_livingdolls-showcase-pattaya.gif

Yes, please do us one and post it on this thread!

Thanks

Here are the first (very quick) try outs for a prospective personalized watermark for the would be/pro snapper who wants either a bit more security or his name in lights, sorry that they’re a bit late, but I’ve been up to my eyes in it... honest!

I’ve drawn the same girl in a ‘lame’ pose (obviously it can be as extreme or as dynamic as you like) & I’ve executed her in two different styles, one far more cartoon than the other.

Please bear in mind that these are very rough drawings in their infancy & that they can eventually be rendered in anything from full airbrush to flat colour, also I just grabbed the first two suitable fonts that came to hand, but literally anything can be dictated or directed.

I could obviously work something up a bit more & stick it on a saucy pic. Anyone want me to keep going with this?

post-39720-0-75918900-1298905758.jpg

post-39720-0-80908100-1298905788.jpg

Kineow

Here's on stuck on a photo of a little friend of mine...

I imagine that would be a bit obtrusive - like an item on its own.

I appreciate it could be worked on and watered down, but my preference would be something more like what Med5 described i.e a simple banner, on the diagonal across one corner, making it difficult to crop, but not so obvious that it takes attention away from the content of the photograph.

There are quite a lot of serious photographers on here (not me obviously) and my guess is that they wouldn't like something frivolous that is trying to be something in its own right.

Just my thoughts obviously.

I appreciate it could be worked on and watered down, but my preference would be something more like what Med5 described i.e a simple banner, on the diagonal across one corner, making it difficult to crop, but not so obvious that it takes attention away from the content of the photograph.

There are quite a lot of serious photographers on here (not me obviously) and my guess is that they wouldn't like something frivolous that is trying to be something in its own right.

And they're appreciated!

I have to admit myself that it's a bit big & in its current form obtrusive, but thanks for having the courtesy to reply at any rate, I hear what you're saying.

Has stated before, I can be directed to do some type of personalized watermark any way the snapper wants it. I used to be a character animator & a picture forger too, so I can do serious stuff as well.

I also appreciate cartoons aren't for everyone; especially serious photographers, it's just another option for some folk who want something a bit individual & it's one that a few people have already expressed an interest in, but they're all just happy snappers doing trip reports & tat sort of stuff.

Kineow

When peoples photos have been stolen and used by webmasters... they turn to me for help. I then in turn do everything I can by saying that Pattaya-addicts.com own them, that is alot more powerful than saying Mr Smith from London owns them. We often get them removed faster.

I don't have to help people, but I do it for free, to add value to the forum. That clause is only there to protect photos, I do not gain or profit or reuse the photos, its purely geared for protection. If one day you started posting photos and you want protection, you would be singing a different tune.

Shall we just take that clause away and offer no protection? If that is what people want, I will start a poll about it. Its alot easier for me and saves time, but I suspect that most members would prefer the current method. Pattaya-addicts.com has alot of influence with webmasters as they are grateful to the traffic we have.

I did explain all this earlier, but I don't think the message has got through!

Sorry that my comment was one of them that started this little flurry about ownership. It shows that a lot of us, even the photog types, forget some of the forum guidelines and should re-read them occasionally since I had completely forgotten that PA claims photo ownership. As long as you keep doing what you say you are (using the ownership just to protect users and not to re-use photos or sell them or anything like that) then it isn't a problem to me. And now that i know that, any photo which are important for me to keep complete ownership of, I just won't post. That is a pretty small amount of photos for most of us on here. Thanks for all the work you put into this site Laamok; hope to be back partying with you in Pattaya some time soon but am decently happy with BKK right now and don't know when I'll be headed back.

I'm not giving up yet!

Now I know from the lack of response that no one was too thrilled with my little idea for personalized 'Happy Snapper' watermarks, but here's something a little less frivolous to try on.

I've stuck two top n' bottom on a suggested try out photo, just for variation's sake?? & one on a photo of my choice in a more defused shade.

No replys, I'll fuck off... I know when i'm beat!

post-39720-0-34037100-1299226965.jpg

post-39720-0-80214000-1299227103.jpg

Edited by kineow

Kineow

I'm not giving up yet!

Now I know from the lack of response that no one was too thrilled with my little idea for personalized 'Happy Snapper' watermarks, but here's something a little less frivolous to try on.

I've stuck two top n' bottom on a suggested try out photo, just for variation's sake?? & one on a photo of my choice in a more defused shade.

I like the new one. How about making them a bit more opaque and longer. Perhaps have a girl on each end of 'Pattaya Addicts'

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I'm not giving up yet!

Lol - you don't need to take any notice of me - it's only my opinion.

I like the new one. How about making them a bit more opaque and longer. Perhaps have a girl on each end of 'Pattaya Addicts'

I quite like the new one too - less obtrusive so doesn't detract from the content - but it doesn't say anything.

I'm making the assumption (rightly or wrongly) that Pattaya-Addicts.com will form at least part of the Watermark.

Mr Pew has said "more opaque" - but should that be less opaque?

If opaque means not transparent then "more opaque" means more not transparent/solid - doesn't it?

Anyway, he's more of a pedant than I am so probably that is what he means.

I think more transparent is better, so less opaque.

It was a heavy night last night so I'm easily confused. :GoldenSmile1:

Lol - you don't need to take any notice of me - it's only my opinion.

I quite like the new one too - less obtrusive so doesn't detract from the content - but it doesn't say anything.

I'm making the assumption (rightly or wrongly) that Pattaya-Addicts.com will form at least part of the Watermark.

Mr Pew has said "more opaque" - but should that be less opaque?

If opaque means not transparent then "more opaque" means more not transparent/solid - doesn't it?

Anyway, he's more of a pedant than I am so probably that is what he means.

I think more transparent is better, so less opaque.

It was a heavy night last night so I'm easily confused. :GoldenSmile1:

You are totally correct Edge. Less opaque is what I meant.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Lets mix things up a little...

How about something like this... the star can be changed to the image of the girl (I need the .png)

The wording can be changed as can the transparency and size...

post-11269-0-85693600-1299283963.png

Lets mix things up a little...

How about something like this... the star can be changed to the image of the girl (I need the .png)

The wording can be changed as can the transparency and size...

Sample1.png

I like.

The thing about opacity, stating the obvious, is that if it's only about 20% (?) the Watermark can still be quite large without being obtrusive. The larger the better if you want to stop cropping as it has the same effect as putting it diagonally across a corner.

Is there any way we could use Med5's flying Pui in there, or maybe a caricature which is obviously her?

Apologies to Serpentine for nicking his work - this is his prototype watermarked at 100% opacity, bottom left corner. I tried the watermark at various opacities in the centre of the pic, but if the 'stamp' was big enough and opaque enough to be noticeable it was a distraction from the picture itself. I'm sure someone can do a better job than me thoughbiggrin.gif.

WMK Test.jpg

I'm thinking we need to follow the KISS principle with watermarking so as to not detract from the photographs themselves.

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Apologies to Serpentine for nicking his work - this is his prototype watermarked at 100% opacity, bottom left corner. I tried the watermark at various opacities in the centre of the pic, but if the 'stamp' was big enough and opaque enough to be noticeable it was a distraction from the picture itself. I'm sure someone can do a better job than me thoughbiggrin.gif.

WMK Test.jpg

I'm thinking we need to follow the KISS principle with watermarking so as to not detract from the photographs themselves.

Perthie

That looks good to me except for the dodgy looking geezer in the middle. :GoldenSmile1:

I don't think that's intrusive and if it was any smaller it wouldn't have been visible against the dark part of the pic.

It would put a lot of people off from stealing pics if they had to crop them.

Personally it wouldn't bother me if it was bigger still, so that the cropped pic was more useless.

Depending on the content, this might still be acceptable to some.

post-36749-0-78526100-1299302875.jpg

Edit - I'm still struggling with Opacity. If something is 100% Opaque (non transparent) doesn't that mean it's solid?

Edit - I'm still struggling with Opacity. If something is 100% Opaque (non transparent) doesn't that mean it's solid?

Glad it's not just me then.

RULES

1NQq.gif

Are you looking for a overall image semi opaque watermark or something hidden also like digimarc(as was asked earlier)? I have a digimarc enterprise license and could probably help out if you're looking for real copyright enforcement, or can try to whip up a nice repeating layer to add to photoshop for the visible aspect.

Oh, and Hi again. I've been behind the great firewall of CN for the past few months and been out of contact. I shall soon return to my favorite place on earth :D I'll be working in อยุธยา(Ayutthaya) for a few weeks, but plan to be in patts every weekend :)

Edited by illuxion

That looks good to me except for the dodgy looking geezer in the middle. :GoldenSmile1:

I don't think that's intrusive and if it was any smaller it wouldn't have been visible against the dark part of the pic.

It would put a lot of people off from stealing pics if they had to crop them.

Personally it wouldn't bother me if it was bigger still, so that the cropped pic was more useless.

Depending on the content, this might still be acceptable to some.

Glad it's not just me then.

Yep, shady looking character on his first ever night in PattayaGoldenSmile1.gif.

Yes Sirs, 100% opacity means that the image is not see-through at all. In this case, as Serperntine's watermark is in a grey tone, it didn't need 'turning down' in the watermarking feature of Corel Paintshop Pro 2 (which is what I used). I think, and I won't swear to it, that Corel made the watermark image slightly transparent during the process of adding it to the picture.

If a bolder colour was used, you might have to go to 50 or 20% to stop the watermark standing out too much.

It all depends on the design and the colour tone used.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Kineow, hope you don't mind me using your work...

Another example to throw into the mix...

post-11269-0-57484000-1299323212.png

post-11269-0-56510600-1299323220.jpg

Looks good Serpentine, I tend to favour the corner position.

By contrast, this is the same mark I stole before, at 40% of it's original size and at 50% opacity.

WMK TST 2.jpg

If you happened to have something really 'cute' in the centre of frame, I think the watermark could be a bit annoying.

Cheers

Perthie

Any watermark we use will be in the bottom right hand corner of the image.

I have been doing them at 30% transparency, this is to prevent spoiling the image itself.

Currently there is no option to choose whether or not your image gets watermarked, all images uploaded through the forum will be watermarked.

IMO I think it would be better to have something diagonal than horizontal as it makes it more difficult to crop.

It must include the URL.

I'd like to do some more samples but my time is limited.

All we need is one good design and we can run with it.

Please remember that we want to keep everyone happy.... No point it being personal to one particular member. It needs to be small but visible when people want to read it.

If Carlsberg made watermarks!

Any other guys who know Photoshop (or others) want to give this a go?

Kineow, hope you don't mind me using your work...

Another example to throw into the mix...

post-11269-0-57484000-1299323212.png

post-11269-0-56510600-1299323220.jpg

Nice one!.. Don't worry about it man, it was just a quickkie, Anyway, I haven't got that type of ego & it's not commercial work so it doesn't matter.

I think you still need to play about with the opacity a bit & maybe it should be variable dependent upon what background it's going on, time permitting, of course.

In addition, the pose no longer works, but I can do these things to order so that's not a problem.

If I get some time tomorrow I'll knock another one up.

What about pesonalized signatures, anyone want one of them??

Edited by kineow

Kineow

Nice one!.. Don't worry about it man, it was just a quickkie, Anyway, I haven't got that type of ego & it's not commercial work so it doesn't matter.

I think you still need to play about with the opacity a bit & maybe it should be variable dependent upon what background it's going on, time permitting, of course.

In addition, the pose no longer works, but I can do these things to order so that's not a problem.

If I get some time tomorrow I'll knock another one up.

What about pesonalized signatures, anyone want one of them??

Thanks bud.

The transparency will be fixed so I would suggest 30% (35% tops).

The details can be sorted out once we have the final design, that is the main priority at the moment.

As for the pose how about bending over looking back towards us, legs slightly apart? :)

For me the problem is NOT that people are stealing my shots and using them on other websites. It has happend but it is not my major concern.

The big problem is that some PA members (= fucking assholes!!!) are showing the ladies my shots or telling them about what they have seen on the web. And that most often result in that the ladies wont take any more photos with me.

A PA addict watermark wont solve that problem. On the contrary, it may only increase the problem because if the lady get the photo and the address to where it have been posted....well then she may investigate the issue further and find even more photos herself.

Personally I also find it really annoying to look at a photo with a large watermark in the center (even though it is transparent) so lets avoid that.

Shinzon

Sorry, I don't give out details on my models so please dont ask...  

For me the problem is NOT that people are stealing my shots and using them on other websites. It has happend but it is not my major concern.

The big problem is that some PA members (= fucking assholes!!!) are showing the ladies my shots or telling them about what they have seen on the web. And that most often result in that the ladies wont take any more photos with me.

A PA addict watermark wont solve that problem. On the contrary, it may only increase the problem because if the lady get the photo and the address to where it have been posted....well then she may investigate the issue further and find even more photos herself.

Personally I also find it really annoying to look at a photo with a large watermark in the center (even though it is transparent) so lets avoid that.

I understand and sympathise, but, with respect Honourable Sir :GoldenSmile1: if Admin are going to run with the Poll as cast, we are well past the point of discussing whether it's a good idea.

Watermarking isn't a cure-all, but it's a step in the right direction IMO. There isn't a cure-all and nothing will prevent what you're talking about. I don't believe that's a reason to do nothing, however.

In the case of showing, it's usually going to be pretty obvious where the pic in question is posted, that's part of the showing game surely, so I don't think PA will be worsening their position. I'm sure Admin/Mods will have taken that into consideration in getting this far down the line.

I like the one on the lady in red above and I agree diagonal across the corner is the best option, and that anything in the centre should be avoided.