Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Addicts Watermarking

LaaMok

About two months ago, I was looking for a watermarking modification that will brand all future uploaded pictures with a transparent Pattaya-addicts.com watermark. The key advantage behind this idea, is to offer further protection for members after they have uploaded pictures. If photos are stolen by individuals or webmasters, we know where they have come from and I can assist by contacting webmasters claiming ownership on behalf of the real owner.

However, the modification is now available and I had been thinking about the photographers that spend alot of time and high levels of skills, maybe they don't want their photos branded with pattaya addicts, granted that people will know that it wasn't made by the website, but it may hide details in the photo or it may clash with the real owners watermark. I would do it none obtrusive as possible.

I am in two minds about what to do, so I will let the members vote for this one and in two weeks time, I will go with the majority vote!

Older pictures will be left untouched, only new ones will get a watermark added.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edge

• kineow

• 7-Eleven

• LaaMok

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Laa Mok, could you perhaps put up a sample pic so that we can see what the effect would look like? I can't imagine most of us would have a problem with protecting the forum this way if the watermark is reasonably discrete. We would also need to know where the watermark will be located, as many of us put our own sigs on our pic's already and wouldn't want to have one on top of another.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Laa Mok, could you perhaps put up a sample pic so that we can see what the effect would look like? I can't imagine most of us would have a problem with protecting the forum this way if the watermark is reasonably discrete. We would also need to know where the watermark will be located, as many of us put our own sigs on our pic's already and wouldn't want to have one on top of another.

Cheers

Perthie

Most people tend to put the watermark across the middle or at the bottom. I think it should be a very small one at the top of the photo. Its a difficult decision, but I will make some samples and update the thread... if anyone has any designs/ideas, please add some examples to the thread and we will choose one.

Let the user decide if watermark is added or not. Should be easy to implement.

babydollsaddict.gif

I shower only me

The streets don't change but maybe the names

Add an option to decide whether the photo should be watermarked or not. Some may like their own style of watermark. Alleycat for example has some classy shots with a classy trademark on them.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

if its unobtrusive and say top right where hopefully there are no fanny shots then it should be fine

what happens to the quality of the photo when you modify it?

The quality of the image would remain exactly the same.

The quality of the image would remain exactly the same.

can you take a high quality photo and show a before and after, maybe from slapman, bigjimslay, etc.

Is there something like Digimarc available? I suspect not but this software embeds information in the image that is not visible and very difficult to remove.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

About two months ago, I was looking for a watermarking modification that will brand all future uploaded pictures with a transparent Pattaya-addicts.com watermark. The key advantage behind this idea, is to offer further protection for members after they have uploaded pictures. If photos are stolen by individuals or webmasters, we know where they have come from and I can assist by contacting webmasters claiming ownership on behalf of the real owner.

However, the modification is now available and I had been thinking about the photographers that spend alot of time and high levels of skills, maybe they don't want their photos branded with pattaya addicts, granted that people will know that it wasn't made by the website, but it may hide details in the photo or it may clash with the real owners watermark. I would do it none obtrusive as possible.

I am in two minds about what to do, so I will let the members vote for this one and in two weeks time, I will go with the majority vote!

Older pictures will be left untouched, only new ones will get a watermark added.

In general yes bloody good idea.

In the UK work place this would be a duty of care. :GoldenSmile1:

:Clap9: :Clap9: :Clap9: :Clap9: :Clap9: :Clap9:

Would love to see a sample pic please & use this one as you did like it. :Bow:

post-31229-0-82471400-1297166945.jpg

Most people tend to put the watermark across the middle or at the bottom. I think it should be a very small one at the top of the photo. Its a difficult decision, but I will make some samples and update the thread... if anyone has any designs/ideas, please add some examples to the thread and we will choose one.

I like the idea overall.

I deseagree about the very small at the top as it would be very easy to cut/resize the pic to take it off.

It should be a very light across in the middle of the pic.

Also, it would be great to put it on old pictures, but I understand that it may be technicaly very hard and too much work.

I think it is a great idea,.

But can it be an option as opposed to mandatory?

Make it a default and/or an option to turn it off/on?

I prefer to do my own watermarks.

I have to agree that unless the watermark is across the body of the photo, no pun intended :rolleyes: , that images would be just cropped once stolen.

That idiot that stole all the photos from here for a You-Tube slide show a year or so ago didn't bother, but that would be the exception rather than the rule.

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Probably a good idea, I'm usually too lazy to add watermarks to my pics.

Please tell me it can do auto-resizing too :GoldenSmile1:

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

I agree, good idea and I don't have anything against watermarking of my pics even though I watermark them my self. Transparent watermark is good but in the middle of the photo is not so great to see because we post photos of the girls, nudes or portraits it doesnt matter, in both cases it's ceneterd compositions and wattermark is gong to be right across the face in many pics. Wattermark in lower right or left corner but going across the corner, from the long side of the photo to the short side is maybe something to take under concideraration? Can't crop it out because he need to crop so much of the picture on one side.

Make notice also that watermarks can be removed by those who know how to do it.

Would love to see a sample pic please & use this one as you did like it.

I need more samples of this chick to train watermarking pics... can you post more ? :GoldenSmile1:

I need more samples of this chick to train watermarking pics... can you post more ? :GoldenSmile1:

Take a look at this mate. :GoldenSmile1:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/64841-sex-is-on-fire-september-trip-report-2010/page__st__660

:001_Thank_You5:

Try this page of my report/thread also.

:001_Thank_You5:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/64841-sex-is-on-fire-september-trip-report-2010/page__st__672

As one who has seriously curtailed (stopped?) posting pics for the past couple of months, I 100% agree with this.

In fact I just made a twat of myself in another thread by suggesting it, not having spotted this thread (thanks for being gentle with me Serps).

I'm pleased to see that several of the serious (quality or quantity) picture posters have posted their thoughts here, but many have not and I hope they spot this thread within the time frame allowed for voting. Maybe a PM to the the well known ones would be in order?

I understand that some people can get round it but I still think it would be a step in the right direction and also a reassuring statement of support and intent from Pattaya Addicts.

Speaking for myself, it would make it much more likely that I would post 'interesting' pics.

If the invisble 'Digimarc' is also available I'd like it to be in addition to the WM, which could maybe include a small "This vehicle is Alarmed" type warning.

I like Med5's suggestion of putting it across the corner to make it more difficult to crop out. The simple ones at top or bottom are too easy.

I think most of those who do their own watermark could easily place theirs to avoid the PA one.

If the facility could be made optional for those who don't like the idea that doesn't bother me - up2them. Good point that they could also choose to host them elsewhere.

Personally I think you should take the initiative and just crack on with it (they are PA's photos after all).

I do understand the "detract from the browsing experience" concern Serps expressed in that other thread giving rise to the vote.

However, for those who are mainly just browsing, maybe they should consider the options as being 'Watermarked Photo' or 'No Photo'.

Btw, like DP, I have also thus far been too lazy/inept to do my own marking. If this proposal doesn't go ahead then I might start posting again if I ever get round to it. :Think1:

Just so that some of we less experienced photog's can get some idea of what were talking about, I think we're talking about something along these lines for visible watermarking?

RSZ Pattaya Oct 2010 1 watermark test.jpg

The logo is at 40% opacity, can be made more or less visible of course. I do know from messing around in Corel that I could add an invisible digital watermark as well. How complex these things would be to do for the whole PA website is beyond me though, not being all that technologically inclined.

I'd be happy to have my uploads watermarked if it helps PA to protect itself and myself from piracy.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

88square used to watermark all it's pics with the username and IP address of whoever downloaded the pic.

This was rotated randomly in the 4 corners of the picture.

It was small and unobtrusive on a full size pic, but nevertheless there.

Most (99%) of thieves are far too lazy to crop a pic.

This does seem like it would help some, but I thought the biggest problem we have here is guys directly showing girls pictures of them, printing photos, or telling them they had seen then - not so much the resposting of photos to other sites (though I know this has happened). And so I don't see how watermarking will address the bigger issue (Maybe if instead of putting a PA watermark, you watermarked photos with "This guy has HIV. Don't have sex with him" then guys might stop showing the girls...)

Anyways, this doesn't mean I'm against the idea - as long as the watermark doesn't mean that PA claims overall ownership of the image then I don't see why not as it would help deal with some of the issues at least.

I watermark because although I am not concerned with copyright, I am just concerned that I am not in control of where they get circulated to and who can see them.

Yes I would be for the automatic watermarking