IGNORED

? Motorbike Driving Exam for License?

gspotman

I took a series of motor bike exams yesterday and was told to come back for the DRIVING PORTION for a Thai Motorbike license here in Pattaya.

Can someone please tell me currently what I will be expected to do. Just driving to the place and back was a test in itself?

Will be bike be safety inspected?

Do I need my owner book or copies of it and insurance and tax?

Will a tester ride behind me on the motorway as a backseat rider? I'll scare him probably if he does?

Thanks in advance!! :001_Thank_You5:

Gspotman

I took a series of motor bike exams yesterday and was told to come back for the DRIVING PORTION for a Thai Motorbike license here in Pattaya.

Can someone please tell me currently what I will be expected to do. Just driving to the place and back was a test in itself?

Will be bike be safety inspected?

Do I need my owner book or copies of it and insurance and tax?

Will a tester ride behind me on the motorway as a backseat rider? I'll scare him probably if he does?

Thanks in advance!! :001_Thank_You5:

It is really simple. As long as you can drive a straight line, you will be fine. When I was there taking my driving test, I watched the motorcycle tests. Everyone passed. I wouldn't stress it.

The driving exam is on a closed parking lot with a road situation lined out. It is nothing to worry about, but i wouldn't say that everyone passes. Lol i failed myself the first time.

The only part that might make you fail is the balance board. It is a straight concrete board, maybe 20cm wide and 20 meter long that you have to drive without touching the ground. As long as you come out straight in front of the line from the curves before it and don't drive too slow, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

if holding international and national driving license , do you also have to do the practical driving tests? never heared about that before? new rule?

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

The one i had to do was quite simple. You just had to weave through some cones, stop on a few lines and make sure you only put the right foot down when nessasary. Very basic, no need to sweat it at all.

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....

if holding international and national driving license , do you also have to do the practical driving tests? never heared about that before? new rule?

Sounds like the OP doesn't have a national (motor) driving license, or didn't take an international license with him. With it you only need the eye and reaction test.

Sounds like the OP doesn't have a national (motor) driving license, or didn't take an international license with him. With it you only need the eye and reaction test.

Thanks for the info, as i thought another thing to make our lives here more restricted , as i have to go after my returning trip and buying yamaha :Chokdee:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !!