IGNORED

Good Restaurants

I agree with many of the above--others I haven't tried. I've heard that lately Pizza Big has gone down in quality, but I haven't tried it for a while so I'm not sure. Close to it is New York Pizza House which has gotten many rave reviews. Also, Pattaya Pizza near Soi Buakow is very good.

Cherry's is super, super popular on Wednesday nights when they have a buffet for around 300 baht.

I tend to play it safe with food and when I don't I pay the price. A good safe bet are the Japanese restaurents at either big shopping mall. The food is good, it is clean and to me the price seems reasonable compared to what I am use to. There are plenty of American style restaurants that maintain decent standards as well. The places run by ex-pats are also on my approved list.

Top 5 restaurants for me are

1. Cafe de Amis - went there once in each of last 3 trips, gorgeous looking restaurant, only bettered by the food they serve, absolutely faultless every time.

2. Casa Pascals - Go here every trip, must have been about 20 times now. Amazing food, only let down by the little pile of boring vegetables on the side of each main dish - a feature of a few restaurants in Pattaya. But for everything else, awesome food.

3. Mantra - been about 5 times overall, Beautiful restaurant, and each dish I've tried there has been fantastic.

And couple of good ones on the cheaper scale...

4. The Palace lebanese restaurant near the top of Central festival - lovely authentic lebanese food and pretty reasonable prices considering the quality

5. Gullivers on Beach road - only because of their Steak/Beef/Pork in pepper sauce - my favourite dish in Pattaya, bang on every time and I must have had it 10 times. mind you, the other food in there is only average, but a few of the Thai dishes are'nt too bad.

Good Food: Was down in Soi Chaiyapoon and decided to eat at Chow Soy (next door to Barbies). Can highly recommend the Meat Pie dishes and Fish & Chips and prices are very reasonable and food quality is excellent

Fish & Chips 140 TB

Meat Pie & Chips 140 TB

Most Thai Dishes 60-90 TB

Other Speciality Thai Dishes 110-120 TB

Pascal is great. Awesome food and service.

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

Any recommendations regarding where to eat? I'm planning a trip soon and I'm not too excited about eating street fare.

Thanks

Mate,there is good street food outside the TQ bar(Tahitian Queen).Pattaya Beer Garden is a good place to eat and drink also-western and Thai.Good food on the ground floor of Tuk com .Happy eating and play hard!

The Ritz if your in Jomtien is excellent especially the Lamb..Also Jomtien Rich Man Poor man soi 9..Eddie is a New York Chef and knows how to cook..For a Great meat Pie try the Aussie Bar on the new 2nd rd in Jomtien..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Leng Khee on Pattaya Klang. Open 24 hours, quick service, good quality food at reasonable prices.

On the opposite side of the road going back towards Second Road there are some great sea food stalls within the covered market type area.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

• 4 weeks later...

I would never touch the street food. It has been pushed around all day in the heat. That must be bad

That depends upon the cart. You can eat food that's quicker off the "grill" at some carts than in many restaurants...

Straight from wok, to plate, to customer, under 30 seconds, easy. PLus you can watch 'em as they cook and evaluate

their sanitation...

Leng Khee on Pattaya Klang. Open 24 hours, quick service, good quality food at reasonable prices.

On the opposite side of the road going back towards Second Road there are some great sea food stalls within the covered market type area.

Second that a huge property empire started from that small restaurant (KL Hotels), very popular with Thai's possibility the best duck around for the price.

I often end up there at 4am on the way home with a "date"

Recently ate at

Chow Soy Food was very good and so was the service, delivered in 10- 15 minutes

Witherspoons Food was over priced (same meal as Chow Soy, but cost 25% more). Food was very good and so was service, delivered in 15 min

Butchers Arms Food was average (not up to scratch) and service was shit and took for ever (nearly 30 minutes from time of order)

Edited by pipoz4444

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. an excellent restaurant: great food, good service and very friendly staff.

Their parmezan soup is to die for. I order it every time i dine at there