IGNORED

Banned from Thai embassy Vientiane

jerry

Last month been to Vientiane for a tourist visa . The last visa in my pasport from Vientiane is from Oktober 2009 ,

a non immigrant O as i was going for the Thai school route .

This visa lasted for 1 year and ended Oktober 2010 , after that i have been to Holland and got a tourist visa for

Okt/Jan 2011 . This is the only tourist visa i applied for in the whole of 2010 .

So January went back to Vientiane for a tourist visa and together with the visa i got a stamp in my pasport ,

" Do not apply new visa at Vientiane again " .

Is this new policy or just bad luck as this it not really back to back visa work ?

I talked to people waiting in line who where there for the 6th or 7th time in a role and never had a problem .

From another guy in line i got the solution already , 'loose' your pasport and apply for a new one and as they

don't keep a record of the banned pasports in Vientiane you're welcome again with a 'clean' one .

Just wondering why , maybe somebody got a similar experience .

img071.jpg

Did you ask them why? even though its not likely you would got a satisfactory reply.

But it may have shed some light.

Member since Dec 06.

I have never liked that Thai Embassy. I've also had problems getting non immigrant visas there. In the end I stopped going there and used other Embassies instead which was a pain considering that I lived just over the river in Nong Khai at the time.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I didn't notice the stamp untill i was in the taxi back to my hotel and had a second look at the visa .

And with 300 people after me waiting in line to pick up their pasport , i wouldn't really get the chance anyway .

Next problem is that the boys and girls who hand out the pasports probably don't know anything .

Last time I went to get a new visa, the guy organizing the trip said he wasn't taking people to Vientiane anymore because of this exact problem.

They pulled this same stunt back in 1999/2000. The problem then was that so many people decided to go there for their visa that the embassy got fed up with it and refused to issue any more tourist visas - much like now I would imagine.

Be scene and not herd.

Strange, as it's usually 3 back-to-back Tourist visas that results in the red stamp.

I suspect there won't be a problem once they start charging for Tourist visas again in April.

Thread started today on thaivisa.com HERE

Sounds like they're just looking at 3 maximum regardless of how long apart.

Hey, I just got a non immigrant o visa for one year with only a rental contract here in Amsterdam. I'm 21 years old, did not need to any proof of income so give it a try when youre in Holland again. 130 euros by the way.

Edited by TheLostShark

Hey, I just got a non immigrant o visa for one year with only a rental contract here in Amsterdam. I'm 21 years old, did not need to any proof of income so give it a try when youre in Holland again. 130 euros by the way.

Thanks , before i applied a few times in The Hague as that's closer for me but the people there are not very helpfull .

I looked at the website of the consulate in Amsterdam . A 1 year multiple entry for 130 euros sounds like a good deal

and with paperwork of owning a house and a condo it will be no problem i guess .

When you go out of Thailand just before the last periode ends you got another 3 months if i'm right , that's brings it

up to a 15 month total on one visa .

That makes a 5000 baht visa and 4 border runs 9000 baht = 14000 baht for 15 months , a lot better than school .

I'm shore gonna give it a try when i'm over in Holland .

:001_Thank_You5: .

Didn't realise they had changed the rules for 'O' type visas. Not sure what I'll do now.

Hulls website is down at the moment anyway!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......