IGNORED

Cathay Pacific

benny31

Hi

Has anyone flown with Cahtay pacific?

If so how good or bad would you describe the trip?

Hi

flown Biz class vancouver to Hong kong a few times , all was good ! Seats/service/food are all good but unless you can find a really good sale usually thair prices are not so good !

One of my preferred airlines. It's a member of One World alliance and I would personally say it is the Premier airline of that Group!

They have largish screens in each sheet for the entertainment. These are clearly larger than both Qantas and British Airways, and I haven't come across any larger.

If you've got a good price go for it! It won't be a direct flight though as you'd have to change in Hong Kong!

Edited by BEPN

I have flown them before and I think they are one of the best. I'm flying them in July from JFK to Bkk and got a great price on business from Wholesale-Flights.com. Look them up and then give them a call. They gave me a great deal selling me a British Air ticket on Cathey Pacific using somebody elses Air Miles.

They will work with you....

Good Luck.

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply.

BTW. What does Hong Kong airport looks like? (Connection, duty-free, information…..)

Hi

I've flown them many times, long haul from JFK and YYZ and short haul between HKG and BKK. I accumulate an astounding number of FF miles and redeem them for trips to Bangkok, so I've always flown them in first on long hauls. Best flights I've ever had. I actually look forward to a 15 hour flight on Cathay. I've been in coach a couple of times between HKG and BKK and the flights were nice. I don't think you will be disappointed whatever class you fly on Cathay. One word of warning, if you check in at HKG, their size restrictions on carry on luggage is the most strict I have run into anywhere in the world.

If I have to fly long haul in coach to Asia, I prefer Singapore Air over Cathay and pay extra for an exit row seat. If you are coming from North America, JAL is also a good choice. I like the food and service a little more on JAL.

I'm trying Asiana in business my next trip in April.

I bought an Asian Air Pass from them and flew all over the place for a month. They are a great airline. Hong Kong airport is probably the best I've been to.

the other great part about HKG when flying on Cathay (first or business class) is the use of their lounges...showers, food, internet connections and free beer/drinks

I love Cathay for their Floss Toothpicks.

toothpick.jpg

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

i have travelled to manila twice with cathay pacific much better than klm. good food etc never any delays. i know they have a seat sale on @ the moment from uk

Hi

hi, flown many times from lax arrive in bkk about 11am. hong kong airport is one the best . :GoldenSmile1:

They suck in Biz now. Fine for short hops only. Here's my old post on another thread: Just flew Cathay SFO-HKG in 1st & HKG-BKK in Biz using miles. OK, First was fucking amazing, but that was part of the problem with Biz. My pod in 1st took up like 6 windows. I had too much room and I know where they took it from ! Let me tell you that their pods in Biz are very tight, claustrophobic, and everybody hates them. I'm 6'1" 220 and only was comfortable on my side or all the way flat (it opens up by the windows). My shoulders we squished against the walls and the trim was yanking the hair out of my arms. I was lucky to talk to some HK businessmen (jockey sized & still were uncomfortable) who warned me and I was able to throw more miles at it and upgrade on the Pacific legs. The new herringbone config. was a complete fuck up. Cathay has promised to rip them out, but they all won't be gone for 5 yrs. I'd rather have a crummy China Air seat in Biz any day. Some airlines have some Econ upstairs on 747s (like JAL) and the window seats have a 12" storage bin below your R elbow. Gives you lots of extra room to spread out. BTW: I don't care for the Thai direct flights from the States. Too long in 1 plane (17 hrs)(& I was in Biz). I'd rather stretch the legs. wj

My problem with Cathay Pacific are the design of the seats in economy class. They don't recline and they are made of plastic with a cushion on top which just 'slide' instead of recline. I flew with them last year from SYD to HK and I could not sleep for the life of me. It was honestly the most uncomfortable flight I have ever had and I now choose not to fly with them purely for that reason. Cannot fault the service and food though