IGNORED

Emirates Special Deal from London May-June

tt2008

Just had an email from Netflights advertising special deals on Emirates from 26 April to 30 June at £481, LGW-BKK via Dubai.

Did a quick check on some random dates and I was quoted £514. Not a bad price for a good airline.

May be worth calling Netflights direct to see how you get the £481 fare if your dates are flexible.

Guess it will depends on which days you can fly out and fly back

Emirates 26/5 to 14/6 currently about £486 opodo/ebookers. Heathrow £20 to £30 dearer.

Jet £477 !

babydollsaddict.gif

Watch out for the connections in Dubai

These can range from 2 hours to 23 hours

The cheaper flights tend to have the longer delays

I have book with Emirates flying from Gatwick on the 13/4/11 returning on the 5/5/11/. I paid £485.00 I booked with emailflights.com. I would not use them again (SEE MY POSTINGS)

Dave

Got e-mails from various sites all quoting prices around £480 LON-BKK for May departures with Etihad and Jet airways. When you looked at the flight details Etihad was 15hrs total going out but returning it was 34hrs total flight time.

The Jet airways flight was 34hrs going out and even longer coming back! Some seemingly decent priced flights are not the bargain they seem!

Guess like most things you get what you pay for.

To be honest, I prefer to fly direct even if its a few more £. I'd probably end up spending any money I saved in the transit airport!!

I have book with Emirates flying from Gatwick on the 13/4/11 returning on the 5/5/11/. I paid £485.00 I booked with emailflights.com. I would not use them again (SEE MY POSTINGS)

Should of said on the one going out I have a 2 1/4 hour stop over in Dubai and abot the same coming back. This is the frist time I have done it with a stop over. I find doing it direct a long time to be sitting, I am a little over 6' tall so leg room is an issue for me.

When I fly direct I have use bouth THI and EVE and it has to be EVE evey time. As I hope to get out there three times this year I thought I would have a go with haveing break this time and see how it works out. For some reason I can never have a sleep on a plane..

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I've flown with Emirates to Bangkok twice, and I've just booked with them again. Stopping at Dubai is a drag, but they're a good airline imo. No fuckups as yet, and good service each time.

Ive been with a few airlines, Finnair was great a 3 hour hop manchester - helsinki, Then 9 hours to LOS. The middle east connections seem to be all over the place at the moment. I'm going direct with Thai Air in march, a 2 hour train Journey seems better than hanging around in Abu Dhabi for several hours.

Should of said on the one going out I have a 2 1/4 hour stop over in Dubai and abot the same coming back. This is the frist time I have done it with a stop over. I find doing it direct a long time to be sitting, I am a little over 6' tall so leg room is an issue for me.

When I fly direct I have use bouth THI and EVE and it has to be EVE evey time. As I hope to get out there three times this year I thought I would have a go with haveing break this time and see how it works out. For some reason I can never have a sleep on a plane..

Both my mate and I are 6'2", I'm 25 stone and he is 17st. Emerites give you 36" leg room, which we've found to be quite adequate for our comfort.

The long stopover (9hrs) I have done twice....NEVER AGAIN.

I try and find a 3 hr layover in Dubai and also have to pay more since we hail from the North East, so the cunts put £200 on top for fun.

And yes we have tried all other airports and routes,but, it still works out roughly the same price as Newcastle. With the added hassle of travelling to other parts of the country, and, after a great trime in LOS, GETTING HOME WHEN YOUR ALREADY PISSED OFF WITH LIFE AT THAT TIME.

Anyone know how long Emirates are going to keep these deals open for? Does the email received confirm a closing date for the special deals? Tried looking on the net but can't find any info.

Found good flights for a late June departure at very reasonable prices but need to hold off the booking a little while longer and don't want to miss out.

Cheers.

My fourth flight with emirates in may..but i pay £600 to get the specific flight times from manchester that lands bangers at 12.30 pm (giving me a night in bangkok) on the new air-bus and going home leaves bangers at 09.55 giving me extra night in pattaya...dubai stop-over = 3 hours.. i plonk my arse in Maharbra lounge...25 quid free buffet beer decent toilets and plenty seats to get your head down,tip for waitress to wake you when your flight due...sorted