IGNORED

Copy phones

darkstar

Hi Guys, I have been pondering on buying a copy Apple I Phone or similar from tuckom for ages and have seen many ladys with possible copies seems like for around 3500 baht to 4500 baht you can pick one up but are they any good ???is the camera good ,is the battery power good etc.,Has anyone bought one and can give me any feedback :001_Thank_You5:

i brought one for 3000 baht on my first trip. my observations/advice..

1- the worst touch screen in the world.

2- very bad copy of the menus/operating system.

3- software is the slowest i have ever seen, take 30seconds to load a 300k jpeg (photo)

4- charger is very flimsy and likely to get broken

5- no way of getting replacement leads back home either

the phones at a glance do look like an iphone but for god sakes dont waste your money (it would be like buying a Subaru Impreza WRX with a 1litre engine)

just save up get a decent phone, get insurance. no problem.

Personally i stick with sony errikkson these days and dont bother with the newest smart phone.

I would also pick a blackberry any day of the week over a iphone, simply because of the open source options and free programs and apps.

hope i have talked you out of it.

Edited by Nak Muay

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Hi Guys, I have been pondering on buying a copy Apple I Phone or similar from tuckom for ages and have seen many ladys with possible copies seems like for around 3500 baht to 4500 baht

I've asked 2 bar girls about it : one paid 2700, the other 2400 (at Tuckom).

But don't waste your money. Not worth.

i brought one for 3000 baht on my first trip. my observations/advice..

1- the worst touch screen in the world.

2- very bad copy of the menus/operating system.

3- software is the slowest i have ever seen, take 30seconds to load a 300k jpeg (photo)

4- charger is very flimsy and likely to get broken

5- no way of getting replacement leads back home either

the phones at a glance do look like an iphone but for god sakes dont waste your money (it would be like buying a Subaru Impreza WRX with a 1litre engine)

just save up get a decent phone, get insurance. no problem.

Personally i stick with sony errikkson these days and dont bother with the newest smart phone.

I would also pick a blackberry any day of the week over a iphone, simply because of the open source options and free programs and apps.

hope i have talked you out of it.

Thanks Yes you have talked me out of it and also taken advice from bar girls that I meet and all say the same like you that the copies are complete rubbish. :001_Thank_You5:

Drat, where was this thread when I needed it, about 2 weeks ago now. I bought one at Tucom, 2300, total garbage, shoot, the charger that came with it will not even reach the plug unless you remove the back cover. Never again for me.

I can confirm all the above postings, complete lost money , i get one SUMSUNG as birthday present From GF , touchscreen failed first half , an d now complete , so only good for receiving calls or only phoneout from memory , sound for music perfect , camera led flash NEVER worked , and low phone memory , second memry micro sd card 1 g.

Rubbish :GrinNod1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

GF bought a copy of a high end Nokia a couple of years ago (at MBK in BKK) because she wanted a dual sim phone. Looked nice and Nokia -ish, but certainly did not operate like one. All software controls were different, camera shit, touch screen shit, when you talked on it for a while, it became to hot to hold, but...it is still running, and the dual sim function is still running (most real high-end phones don't offer dual sime as yet). Realistically, if those are the feature that she wants, she would have been better off with a J-Phone or one of the other Thai-made and sold phones that does dual sim rather than the Chinese copy/ripoffs of more popular phones.

But, then again, why would a Thai (unless they are a young kid) want you to see that they can only afford a J-Phone??? They want to show off even if they are ignorant and dirt poor. As she said to me one time, if a Thai lady has a choice between a comfortable pair of shoes (even expensive ones like Ecco's or other brands) and a pretty pair that hurts the shit oout of her feet, she will always opt for "pretty".

No point getting copies, I've only done it once and regretted it.

I recommend the Samsung galaxy 5 at around 8500 baht or the Galaxy S at 26000 baht

I recommend the Samsung galaxy 5 at around 8500 baht or the Galaxy S at 26000 baht

I second that! Galaxy S is the best phone I ever had so far!

Updated to a HTC Desire HD this week and except for its humongus size it looks a tab bit better but what are the girls saying ...the size doesen't matter :P

Johnny Wilde

CEO - Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya

"You only pass through this life once, you never come back for encores!" - Elvis Presley

"You guys took "normal mongering" and shot it full of nitroglycerin and then set a match to it" - thumper63

Thanks LaaMok I have been looking at the samsung galaxy europa and wave but under your recommendations will look at the galaxy 5 I did have a omnia before and like samsung phones so will go searching very soon . :001_Thank_You5:

i got one in bkk ,lasted 6 months and just packed up,1phone 4,could not get email etc.dont get one

I had the Nokia copy. Not too bad. sadly ended under a car's wheel...

I alos had a copy of the apple. Rubish. Bad touch screen, bad menu... happily ended dropped from my pocket and broke on the floor. Waiting now to be back Thailand for a new one. As I also need some t-shirts, its a good excuse to go get some holidays for shopping :-)

You know the old saying: ''Buy cheap, Buy twice''

Copy phones are shite. I bought a knock off Chinese Nokia recently, everything went ''tits up''. It's a complete waste of money.

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....

I bought a cheapish dual SIM dual standby quad band unit out of HK, was about US$65. It's the greatest crock of shit I have ever had the displeasure of using, with the most arcane menus, and who knows where most common commands are. Even turning the goddam thing on and off is a hassle. Then the number 1 key got stuck in the frame surrounding it and I had to partially dismantle the thing just to stop the 1 running amok. I bought it with the express view of travelling with it, so I could have a home SIM on roaming and a local SIM for local use. I wouldn't trust the thing to travel well at all or work when I want it to, so it spends most of its time unused.

Conversely I got a Samsung Galaxy S and am absolutely hooked, I just love the Android system and all the other aspects of it that make it more a small computer than a mobile/cell phone.

If you want to buy one for travelling suggest you look into getting it duty free if they are available in your home country on exit, then the warranty is good when you get back.

Cheerz Sharky.

I second that! Galaxy S is the best phone I ever had so far!

Updated to a HTC Desire HD this week and except for its humongus size it looks a tab bit better but what are the girls saying ...the size doesen't matter :P

Would you say the Galaxy S or Nexus S(same same but different) is better than the iPhone4? I was about to pull the trigger on the Nexus S at Winner Telecomm just last month, but I held back. :(

Would you say the Galaxy S or Nexus S(same same but different) is better than the iPhone4? I was about to pull the trigger on the Nexus S at Winner Telecomm just last month, but I held back. :(

Can't compare with Iphone 4 since I didn't like the previous Iphones but I can't imagine it lives up to the quality of Galaxy S!

In my non-expertise opinion the Iphone concept have served its purpose and will be obsolete in the future who belongs t the Android phones unless you are in larger biz-network where MS 7 rules supreme right now.

The Desire HD is a monster but quite easy to master so I think I will keep it for a while :D

Johnny Wilde

CEO - Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya

"You only pass through this life once, you never come back for encores!" - Elvis Presley

"You guys took "normal mongering" and shot it full of nitroglycerin and then set a match to it" - thumper63

Can't compare with Iphone 4 since I didn't like the previous Iphones but I can't imagine it lives up to the quality of Galaxy S!

In my non-expertise opinion the Iphone concept have served its purpose and will be obsolete in the future who belongs t the Android phones unless you are in larger biz-network where MS 7 rules supreme right now.

The Desire HD is a monster but quite easy to master so I think I will keep it for a while :D

I didn't like previous iPhones either but the latest one is something different. I wouldn't dissmiss iPhone for one second because people have been dismissing it from day one and now it is stronger and better then ever. What is the difference between smartphones today? I don't see any, it's all about applications and that is why Nokia is going down.

Buying copy phones is same like buying copy watches? Why do you buy certain product, just to say you have it or because of it's quality?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I have been pondering on buying a copy Apple I Phone or similar from tuckom for ages and have seen many ladys with possible copies seems like for around 3500 baht to 4500 baht you can pick one up but are they any good ???is the camera good ,is the battery power good etc.,Has anyone bought one and can give me any feedback :001_Thank_You5:

I picked up a Iphone copy when my Nokia went swimming..Cost me 2000bt and works OK...Battery only lasts one day but they give you a spare with the phone. The charger has a tricky connection but otherwise it is a reasonable phone for 2000bt. I have an Iphone 4 now and with the apps it is obviously much better. I will change to a Samsung Galaxy next week because I want to se the Android platform. I will be back in Pattaya in April. I will bring the IPhone copy if anyone is interested. Of course I might give it to a bar girl for a night of fun.... I am in the phone business Andy

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

I picked up a Iphone copy when my Nokia went swimming..Cost me 2000bt and works OK...Battery only lasts one day but they give you a spare with the phone. The charger has a tricky connection but otherwise it is a reasonable phone for 2000bt. I have an Iphone 4 now and with the apps it is obviously much better. I will change to a Samsung Galaxy next week because I want to se the Android platform. I will be back in Pattaya in April. I will bring the IPhone copy if anyone is interested. Of course I might give it to a bar girl for a night of fun.... I am in the phone business Andy

If your copy Iphone costed 2000 bath , then the bar girls need to give you 2 nights of fun ..... :LMFO: . you are in the phone business so you know the prices there.... :hello10: .. bar girls prices better check this forum :GrinNod1::GoldenSmile1:

lol...maybe i am paying tooooo much to the bar girls but sometimes they are worth it.... :ThumbUp6:

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

lol...maybe i am paying tooooo much to the bar girls but sometimes they are worth it.... :ThumbUp6:

i like the word "sometimes " in your reply :Oops3:

Hello Guys

Some people open my car windows and stolen my LG just few day before starting, so when I arrived in Pattaya I bought a cheap cinese-phone a X3 Nokia copy dual sim and micro SD 2 Giga for 1800Thb.

Nothing to compare with the original, touch screen ok, but camera not more than 800pixel ... battery life not more than 2 day ..... audio low quality, software unstable ... sometime changing display and screen saver setting .... many asian language and English only ... at last the price its ok for the quality phone's I bought.

Mabvlòx