IGNORED

Darryl Read and his Beat Extentialists at The Blues Factory Biker Night!

davethailand

Darryl Read and his Beat Extentialists join our Biker Night to kick off the Burapa Bike weekend.

His band also include Tony Stevens (Foghat/Savoy Brown), Deano Roucco (drummer to the stars) and of course Darryl Read (Ray Manzarek of The Doors/X. T. Rex).

Also of course there will be music by Lam Morrison & The Rock Machine.

Darryl Read (born 19 September 1951) is a British poet, singer, guitarist, drummer, writer and actor. He is among the forerunners of punk rock.[1] According to 2008's Pretty Vacant: A History of UK Punk, his second band Crushed Butler "was, in many ways, Britain's first proto-punk band."[2] In addition to his work with Crushed Butler, spanning from the group's founding in 1969 to is dissolution in 1971, Read played briefly with Krayon Angels (1968–1969) and has released a number of solo albums. He has collaborated in recording with such musicians as Bill Legend, Mickey Finn, and Ray Manzarek. Read's involvement with film has included 1964's Daylight Robbery, for which Read won a Silver Lion medal award at the Venice Film Festival at the age of 14. He wrote a screenplay with Bernard White for the feature film Remember a Day, and also starred as Roger Bannerman, a character based on Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett.[1][3][4] He acted on stage in two rock-based plays. In "Let the Good Stones Roll", which debuted at the Edinburgh Festival, he played Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards. He was featured in "Bastard Angel", a play inspired by the rock band Kinks. Read has also worked on television as an actor in many productions.[5] He published a book of poems, Set [1] in 1999, and in 2004 a hard back edition biopic/novel, Stardom Road.[1] Read currently does poetry readings and performs concerts with his band Beat Existentialists, internationally.

(taken from Wikipedia)

Darryl Read.com

Darryl Read wikipedia.

Hope to see you there.

:)

Sadly too early for me mate.

:Bump2:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Had a great soundcheck today, the band sounded great so it should be a good night.

Hope to see you there.:)

Just staggered back from a great night there.

Everyone in excellent form.

Even the Harley sounded good! :GoldenSmile1:

Who said "An enchantment of beefy essences frizzed around my mouth like pyrotechnics"?

a) John Howe, Bangkok Post restaurant reviewer.

b) My girlfriend, after a blow job.

Just staggered back from a great night there.

Everyone in excellent form.

Even the Harley sounded good! :GoldenSmile1:

I fired it up again a bit later also.

:)

Thanks for coming.