IGNORED

metertaxi pattaya

gent

last year i have been pattaya 2 times

and discovered more taximeters in P. (no BKK taximeters)

but really Pattaya. Someone knows about rates?

Same as in songthaew ? And what is normal in songthaew

for ride soi 8 to Walking Street?

Song thaew is 10 baht and never ask the driver how much . When you ask he knows you're a newbie and he asks 100 baht .

Meter taxis are still rare in Pattaya and not really usefull for short rides like soi 8 to WS . The price will be the

same as a Bangkok cab , so at least 35 baht start .

As jerry said, all trips by baht bus are 10 bahts (within Pattaya).

If you ask how much, the driver will think you want a "private" taxi, and therefore won't stop to take other customers, and the fare will be much much higher.

As long as you are staying on Beach Road, or on 2nd Road (from the begining of WS to the Dolphin roundabout), never ask, and always pay 10 bahts.

"Taxi Meter" taxis in Pattaya will never put their meters on, you have to discuss the fare price.

They will try and hit you for 200฿, but just argue with him and insist he uses the meter. He won't be happy about it but he will oblige.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have used these Pattaya "meter taxis" a few times but never had any luck getting them turn their meter on. Must of the time they are just parked waiting for customers willing to pay 100 to 200 b. They are not cruising looking for fares like in Bangkok.

A driver I had to rent to take me to the hospital told me he paid around 1200 B for rent for 12 hours.

If he wanted to buy the taxi it would be 500,000 B just for the taxi plates/licence and then the price for the car on top(around 1 mill B). I think it is some kind of mafia system that makes the taxis very expensive.