IGNORED

Charging IPOD in Thailand

ag1717

Will be going to Thailand for the first time in Aug. Was wondering if my if regular power adapter I used to charge my IPOD with from the USA will work out there or not? Are the plug sizes the same? Or do I need to buy a special adapter? I have the World Travel Adapter Kit from Apple to switch the plugs when I travel, but it doesn't have one for Thailand.... Any help would be appreciated... thanks

Will be going to Thailand for the first time in Aug. Was wondering if my if regular power adapter I used to charge my IPOD with from the USA will work out there or not? Are the plug sizes the same? Or do I need to buy a special adapter? I have the World Travel Adapter Kit from Apple to switch the plugs when I travel, but it doesn't have one for Thailand.... Any help would be appreciated... thanks

Does it not have a general adaptor for Asia ? If not, a cheap one will be easy to pick up locally. I found one for a couple of hundred Baht.

Edited by Slacker

I thought that Thailand the PI and USA all had the same 2 straight prong power plugs

Edited by lostinpattaya

same charger will work just fine, just remember LOS is on 220 and not 110, but if your using the charger that came with the IPOD should not be a prolem mate. Thailand uses the US 2 prong......

I said Jim Beam and Coke, not J & B and coke, silly TG............

Thanks guys:)

No Problem.. I been charging my IPOD in LOS 5 times a year. Thailand power is 220V 50Hz

USA is 120 V 60Hz. Most chargers now are switching power supply based so they will work

with both or anything in between 100V - 220VAC 50 - 60 Hz. Sorrry got carried away. the anwser

is YES. Proven and Tested.

Your charger should work, but to double check just look at the sticker on the plug end. There should be a voltage specification. If it says 120-240/220 you should be fine. Sorry I forgot if I needed an adapter or not. I don't think so though, if you do just go to an electronics store, they are cheap and don't forget to carry your plug to explain.