IGNORED

Le Katai ( The Rabit ) English Grub

cartoonman

Tesco's here ? I will stop in and take a look... PG and Teetleys are sold here but very pricey, at least we dont use Lipton Yellow tea bag which really are bad!

I used to have friends bring over PG Tips but they have not been out for a while :o(

Hello mate. You can find these in Tescos here...

These 2 types are strong enough to fill one of your pots with decent strength tea. More expensive here than the UK mind.

Assam was 130bt for 50 bags

Breakfast was 89bt for 40 bags (red and brown box here)

My link

My link

My link

Nice little eatery, i'll be there for breakfast tomorrow. :)

"There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more." ~Charlie Sheen~

small_charlie_sheen_hat_cigar.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think le Katai or however you say it has just recently put up its prices but the food is generally good.

Have they recently changed owner???

I think le Katai or however you say it has just recently put up its prices but the food is generally good.

Have they recently changed owner???

Yes a shame, they used to be the best value around but now on a par with most other restaurants in the area.

Shame shame indeed.

Been a regular there for years.

The food has always been good value.

These recent price and menu changes have stuffed it for sure.

I think most people know who the owner is/was

So is it a new owner??

Shame shame indeed.

Been a regular there for years.

The food has always been good value.

These recent price and menu changes have stuffed it for sure.

I think most people know who the owner is/was

So is it a new owner??

Hello,

Yes I recently sold Le Katai restaurant (1st October 2011), I leased the ground floor of Le Katai and operated the restaurant for the past two and half years and I thank all of you for the support. My lease arrangement meant that I did not receive and income from the drinks (except Tea & Coffee), it was difficult decision but I decided to sell up and move on. The Jolly Friar, Lone Star & China Garden are all operated by me with not partnership agreements, the Jolly Friar 2 in Jomtien opening in November will be operated by my close friend Mark and his wife Mai.. this will be their business but run like my restaurant in Soi Lengkee.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to see you have moved on Ian, as Le Katai was a good place to go with quality food. As someone has noted, the prices have already gone up (and i dont think due to the floods), and i believe some of the staff have gone too.

Is there a chance you will be doing the same type of menu in your other Lengkee restaurants?

JUSTaskJARATSRI

Thai Translation and Thai Interpreter Service.

Phone: 0890915667

FlagHeads2.jpg

Language assistance with Banking, Legal, Medical or Personal.

Bar staff negotiation assistance.

All projects are kept absolutely confidential.

I have just come back from Pattaya and was there 14 days. If you count 2 meals a day times 14 = 28 meals I probably ate in one of the 3 restaurants about 12 time. I thought the China Garden was super and the Meal for 1 - Chicken Satay and Sweet and Sour Pork with egg fried rice at 195B is great value. I think I ate there 5 of my 14 nights. I ate in the Jolly Friar a couple of nights and one night there was no seat available when I arrived which tells you something. Most mornings ( or afternoons) I ate breakfast over in Le Katai and also dinner there one night. I really can't fault the food in any of the 3 places and I am a ex chef so I have a good idea regarding food.

Cheers wish I was there now

When I was staying at China Garden, I came every morning and most of the evening to eat there. I'll probably come back there if the food is still good.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was staying at China Garden, I came every morning and most of the evening to eat there. I'll probably come back there if the food is still good.

Thank you, I am you are all enjoying the food at the China Garden & Jolly Friar. We will be starting the "Chinese Buffet" very soon ! I will keep you posted.

I have just come back from Pattaya and was there 14 days. If you count 2 meals a day times 14 = 28 meals I probably ate in one of the 3 restaurants about 12 time. I thought the China Garden was super and the Meal for 1 - Chicken Satay and Sweet and Sour Pork with egg fried rice at 195B is great value. I think I ate there 5 of my 14 nights. I ate in the Jolly Friar a couple of nights and one night there was no seat available when I arrived which tells you something. Most mornings ( or afternoons) I ate breakfast over in Le Katai and also dinner there one night. I really can't fault the food in any of the 3 places and I am a ex chef so I have a good idea regarding food.

Cheers wish I was there now

We could not ask for a better customer! Hope to see you again soon

Ian

• 1 year later...

Archived