Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

SIM card

DUBAIRED

Step 1: Walk into store and ask to purchase SIM card.

Step 2: Pay for SIM card.

That's all. As for price, it varies depending on the company (service provider) you choose. Few hundred baht, I believe, is the average.

You can buy sim cards from 7-eleven for 200-300 baht.

The last one that I purchased was a DTAC Happy sim. The calls and message are slightly more expensive however the sim lasts longer before expiring and also works outside Thailand.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Can anyone tell me how easy it is and how much it would cost to get a SIM card?

In any seven 11 or family mart you can buy a thai sim, Happy/Dtac are good and cheap to call the uk the last one i bought was i think 200 baht with 100 credit.

I always stop by Big C on the first day, go to the top floor there are a dozen shops there. I buy the sim card there, get them to put in the phone, buy a couple of hundred baht credit, and get them to add the credit too. I found a while back that some of the Thai operators have the complete dialogue for adding credit in Thai.

I always stop by Big C on the first day, go to the top floor there are a dozen shops there. I buy the sim card there, get them to put in the phone, buy a couple of hundred baht credit, and get them to add the credit too. I found a while back that some of the Thai operators have the complete dialogue for adding credit in Thai.

What do you mean the 'complete dialogue ' for adding credit? You just type in the numbers nothing to do with Thai mate the instructions are also in English

I bought Thai sim card name 1 2 Call in 7/11 shop I think 199 BTH. It is very easy

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

What do you mean the 'complete dialogue ' for adding credit? You just type in the numbers nothing to do with Thai mate the instructions are also in English

Sim I had first time (Maybe happy, but not sure) had the initial dialogue in Thai. It became a habit to buy the sim, get the guy to fit it and charge it. Does not cost anything extra.

I always assumed that the instructions will be fully in Thai.

My bad.

I paid 100 Baht for my SIM in 7/11, with 10B credit. The credit on mine is valid one year once topped up. I bought 50B top-up a couple of weeks later and havent used any of it yet as I only receive calls and never make them.

I paid 100 Baht for my SIM in 7/11, with 10B credit. The credit on mine is valid one year once topped up. I bought 50B top-up a couple of weeks later and havent used any of it yet as I only receive calls and never make them.

what do you do..... call the girls, let it ring once and hang up and they call you back ? I am going to start trying that. :)

• 1 month later...

You can buy sim cards from 7-eleven for 200-300 baht.

The last one that I purchased was a DTAC Happy sim. The calls and message are slightly more expensive however the sim lasts longer before expiring and also works outside Thailand.

I have a D-TAC happy and have used it now for over 2 years comming up, top up lasts for a year from the date you last top up ,so always top up day of leaving Thailand so is valid for next trip, also went into the D-TAC shop in tesco lotus last trip and they put the UK on the roaming. Took a top up card home and topprd up in UK last December and it still gives a year validity. I use the web site for free txt's to a D-TAC number or 2 baht to a non D-TAC number from home in the UK.