IGNORED

Condo problems

sail

I bought a condominium in The Urban development. I made my final payment in December 2010. The condo still need some repairs (repalcement bathtub, replacement bsthroom faucets, kitchen sink repair, etc.) In addition, the condo promised a library, business center, jogging track, etc. which have yet to be installed. The condo management always says they are working on it (repairs and common area facilities) but I believe that it is taking much too long. Is there a Thailand government agency, like for consumer protection, where I can register a complaint?

I bought a condominium in The Urban development. I made my final payment in December 2010. The condo still need some repairs (repalcement bathtub, replacement bsthroom faucets, kitchen sink repair, etc.) In addition, the condo promised a library, business center, jogging track, etc. which have yet to be installed. The condo management always says they are working on it (repairs and common area facilities) but I believe that it is taking much too long. Is there a Thailand government agency, like for consumer protection, where I can register a complaint?

Are you living there now? The ladies in Building B should be able to help you out. If I can assist, P.M. me.

Are you living there now? The ladies in Building B should be able to help you out. If I can assist, P.M. me.

Now where is that damn "Rep" button when you need it?....

Thanks again Dave for your assistance to other BM's on this site.

Cheers matey...

Now where is that damn "Rep" button when you need it?....

Thanks again Dave for your assistance to other BM's on this site.

Cheers matey...

:Chokdee:

Boy Scout.jpg

so your ladies in Building B are going to get a library, business center,and jogging track built?

so your ladies in Building B are going to get a library, business center,and jogging track built?

The "Track" is basically done. It is a path around the property. I am not really sure the need for one, but....

The rooms for the Business center and Library are complete. They just need the books and computers. The girls can answer the questions when they will be set.

The Fitness areas are complete and Wi Fi is available for free.

The biggest issues seem to be the Condo needing repairs. I had a door frame issue, and they fixed it for me the next day I brought it to their attention.

Ohh, and to the O.P.:

If you need a track suit, I am sure Mike could hook you up.

Edited by ExpatDave

The "Track" is basically done. It is a path around the property. I am not really sure the need for one, but....

The rooms for the Business center and Library are complete. They just need the books and computers. The girls can answer the questions when they will be set.

The Fitness areas are complete and Wi Fi is available for free.

The biggest issues seem to be the Condo needing repairs. I had a door frame issue, and the fixed it for me the next day I brought it to their attention.

Ohh, and to the O.P.:

If you need a track suit, I am sure Mike could hook you up.

199 baht delivered track suits. :)

Dave, Thank you for the response. I live in Building B. The management office downstairs has two new ladies who just started working there two weeks ago. The other ladies quit the company and moved on to better jobs. The manager told me today that they will fix the bathtub the end of this week. I guess I will find out then. I personally do not care about a jogging track either but it was an "amenity" listed in the sales brochure. The business center and library rooms are there but I don't think it will be too comfortable sitting on the floor. A "business center" in a hotel has desks, tables, computers, fax and printer services, etc. A library should also have chairs, couches, tables, newspapers & reading material, etc. They also promised a barbecue area and, although another owner petitioned for it, they have not put it in.

Now they are talking about bringing in a massage service, laundry service, and restaurant to fill in the open rooms. Well, that will create a rental income for the company but there are plenty of those outside the condominium at probably cheaper prices. When I stayed in a hotel, I never used their massage service, laundry service, or restaurant.

I would appreciate it if you did not mention my post to the condo management. They have said they will make my condo repairs this week and I don't want to get them upset. I just want a recourse (like a consumer complaint agency) in the event that they don't do the repairs and build the promised facilities.

Dave, Thank you for the response. I live in Building B. The management office downstairs has two new ladies who just started working there two weeks ago. The other ladies quit the company and moved on to better jobs. The manager told me today that they will fix the bathtub the end of this week. I guess I will find out then. I personally do not care about a jogging track either but it was an "amenity" listed in the sales brochure. The business center and library rooms are there but I don't think it will be too comfortable sitting on the floor. A "business center" in a hotel has desks, tables, computers, fax and printer services, etc. A library should also have chairs, couches, tables, newspapers & reading material, etc. They also promised a barbecue area and, although another owner petitioned for it, they have not put it in.

Now they are talking about bringing in a massage service, laundry service, and restaurant to fill in the open rooms. Well, that will create a rental income for the company but there are plenty of those outside the condominium at probably cheaper prices. When I stayed in a hotel, I never used their massage service, laundry service, or restaurant.

I would appreciate it if you did not mention my post to the condo management. They have said they will make my condo repairs this week and I don't want to get them upset. I just want a recourse (like a consumer complaint agency) in the event that they don't do the repairs and build the promised facilities.

Did not know about the girls leaving. Hopefully, it will work out for you. I won't mention anything.

See ya around campus!

• 3 weeks later...

have you got a juristic person yet ? or have a building committee been elected ? - if so eith of these could be a great help...........