Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mr T's--Very Unprofessional Service

sinsinbad

I'm booked with Mr T for my next trip to Pattaya.

Last time I used a different service and it was a disaster on the return trip to BKK. It's very obvious that in general terms Mr T is very well regarded as a taxi service, not only here on PA but also on every other web-board I've scanned through.

TIT and sometimes things will go wrong even with the best of planning. I always try to minimise my risks when travelling by having copies of all my bookings (flights, accommodation etc) easily to hand. It didn't save me from a taxi that just didn't turn up on my last trip though (NOT MrT's service). I'm expecting a smooth ride with Mr T, as his reputation is exceedingly good.

It looks like Mr T is on the ball with this complaint and has generously offered a refund, he can't really do much more than that.

Shite happens sometimes, we just have to deal with it, smile and move on!!biggrin.gif

Perthie

Well said mate

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.T

• Highlander

• sinsinbad

• Mike Asia

It was NOT fair to my wife and me to be dropped off no where near our hotel and LIED to about where it was. Here we are at 2 am walking up and down WS WITH our luggage trying to find our hotel.

How is that fair? What would you think if you and your wife was dropped off in a foreign country no where near your hotel?

Instead of my money back, just make sure your drivers take people to where they want to go and NOT lie to them. Now, that would be fair.

i don't understand 1 thing.

why him not call or let me know the problem.

problem is around 02.00am (early morning).

i didn't work on that time because i'm 55 years old.(getting old now)

and if people come to my office they will see that i'm stroke.

i don't sure who's driver call on that time.

but if this is problem come from driver I'll return you all money.

but why him didn't tell me any thing and just post around everywhere.

this is not fare to me.

you post to everywhere .

why you do this?

why don't you call or something to let me know the problem?

canterbury tales is in soi chaiyapoom near soi diana .(my place in this soi)

i've send a lot of people to this guest house many many times.

Mr T I wouldn't worry about it to much as you can see from just about everybody's response the bottom line is that the OP should have known the address where he wanted to go. I for one will be using your service on April 21st. How far in advance do you suggest I book?

JD

I come away from this thread with several observations:

1) Mr T has a good reputation. I will be visiting Thailand and expect to use his company.

2) It is incumbent on ME, the passenger, to have a map or directions to my destination written in Thai. I sorta knew that already, but this thread has burned that into my memory. So this should help everybody.

3) The OP got a raw deal. This was due to many factors, all of which were compounded by the late hour. So the lesson here is to be doubly prepared to help the driver if you are arriving late at night since other support structures may not be available at that time of day.

4) In Thailand, shit happens. Be prepared to roll with the punches, no matter how unfair or wrong it appears at the time.

5) Give the service vendor an opportunity to deal with the situation before posting if it is at all possible. Every company has service problems from time to time. Most would like to hear about it.

5) We all need to be careful about how we title threads, and what words we select for the thread titles. Omitting the vendor's name is probably appropriate in most cases... especially in a situation like this where the vendor has a long and positive track record prior to the event in question. Reputations take years to develop, and can be destroyed very quickly. So put the details in the body of the thread rather than in the headline. Mr. T is clearly an honest businessman that is trying to put food on the table and make a better life for his family. Something went wrong in this case, and we'll probably never understand exactly what happened. Folks that are interested will read the thread and get the details.

I'm NOT saying we need to pull any punches. I'm just saying that we should try to be fair to all concerned, especially when the problem comes from the actions of a single employee rather than the proprietor himself.

So I thank the OP for raising this issue. By doing so, many of us will be better prepared to head off this kind of problem before it happens.

-Noob

and also dont leave a taxi until you are confident that you are at the right place . if you get out then you on your own no one esle to blame im sorry.

but again are you did you enjoy your time there thats the main thing. could be worse your plane could have crashed so if thats all that happened be thankful and enjoy. life is too short. :ThankGod1:

It was NOT fair to my wife and me to be dropped off no where near our hotel and LIED to about where it was. Here we are at 2 am walking up and down WS WITH our luggage trying to find our hotel.

How is that fair? What would you think if you and your wife was dropped off in a foreign country no where near your hotel?

Instead of my money back, just make sure your drivers take people to where they want to go and NOT lie to them. Now, that would be fair.

still not give me any information.

i still not know who are you .

when you booking or any thing else.

I have used Mr. T on my 2 trips to Pattaya and will use his services again.

When I was about to leave last time and waiting for his driver to pick me up from Billabong he came there to meet me and told that his driver will be there in 5 minutes(right on time). LK Metro is narrow soi and there is not much space to park your car and wait for customer.

Only one thing I would suggest is that driver should put gasoline in his car before taking a customer. It is not a big deal to wait 5 minutes on gas station but I prefer a straight route to a destination.

babydollsaddict.gif

I shower only me

The streets don't change but maybe the names

Welcome TIT , third world country , not everything (or better nothing) goes the way you planned it , get over it .

Try hire a cab in the middle of the night for a 125 km drive in your own country for this amount of money ...... right .

You're visiting Thailand and probably don't speak much Thai but you expect the driver , a poor guy from the North , to understand

everything you want , not smart and not very realistic .

Mr T is offering you money back . Man up , visit his office , have a small talk and stop using this forum for your frustrations .

( Who brings his wife to Pattaya anyway :Grin3: ) .

I think we have done this thread to death guys, many (including myself) have had their say, as have the two most important people in this issue namely Mr T and the OP.

I am sure the original poster knows went off half cocked because he was genuinely pissed off and now sees that there was errors on both sides including his for not having the address written down and the driver for not knowing where the guesthouse was..

Personally I think there should be no more flaming the OP as all we are doing is repeating what has been said.

As has already been said, there were lessons learned from all parties involved which all can take home with them so it doesn't happen again.