IGNORED

Mr T's--Very Unprofessional Service

sinsinbad

I agree with all bms your own fault how can you expect them to know all the hotel and guest house names you made a simple noon mistake that regular visitors would never make.

I have said it before buy threads that slag off peoples businesses after a one off experience add nothing to the board and sometimes ( not in this case ) damage peoples livelihood.

No doubt anything else that goes wrong will be someone elses fault... Get a grip

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.T

• Highlander

• sinsinbad

• praf974

I have used Mr T many times, and never had a problem.

On my first trip to Pattaya, we took a Bangkok taxi from the airport. The driver didn't know Pattaya at all. So, when we came to Pattaya, the driver hired a motorbike taxi, to show us the hotel. That was pretty easy.

Free today - Pay tomorrow

The other point to make is that MR T's service is only 1000bt INCLUDING Tolls. This is by far the cheapest transport I've seen, and for my trip it was also a nice new car.

For that price I would not expect MR T to spend any time looking up my hotel address. With gas prices where they are I don't even know how they are making any money on a 1000bt fare.

The other point to make is that MR T's service is only 1000bt INCLUDING Tolls. This is by far the cheapest transport I've seen, and for my trip it was also a nice new car.

For that price I would not expect MR T to spend any time looking up my hotel address. With gas prices where they are I don't even know how they are making any money on a 1000bt fare.

good point .. you dont book mr. t for their tour guides .. its a super cheap but reliable and safe taxi service.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

I am actually amazed that someone would turn up to another country, without even knowing the address of the small guesthouse they have booked.

I can see it now.... me booking a flight to France, having booked a Taxi at the airport, tell the Taxi driver in my best English, that I want "Charlies Guest house" - somewhere in Paris.

Then I get to wondering why this French taxi driver is not speaking English to me, but only knows French, and why he does not know all the side street guest houses in Paris...

Thanks for the laugh... he he

The first of many experiences in Thailand, I hope you have a great time while you are here, and can soon look back at it as a little amusing.

I use the Bell bus. 200B airport to door and they found my tiny guest house without any trouble at all. Also has the benefit of being a big bus from the airport to Pattaya and, in the event of an accident, I would much rather be in a big bus than in a minibus or a taxi.

I recently picked a friend up at the airport, and used MrT's to get us back, first annoying problem was he went out of the way to get gas somewhere cheap,at least 30 minutes pissing around, instead of staying on the highway into Pattaya, i asked him to go down north Pattaya road and turn into 3rd as we were heading for Mooks apartment , instead he sailed passed it and went down Pattaya Klang where the traffic was horrendous, it was not as though he did not speak English, he did.

Will try another firm next time

...With hindsight, I should have had the address with me, but with Canterbury and Mr T both mentioned on several forums, I just assumed that the driver or Mr T would know where it was...

An understatement, for sure. These taxi drivers will get you from A (Suvarnabhumi) to B (Pattaya) with relative ease, but unless that particular driver has years of experience, is unlikely to know all of Pattaya's establishments by heart. There's no 'Knowledge Test' here ! As for English skills...even the best will not exactly be fluent - how's your Thai ?

• 2 weeks later...

you post to everywhere .

why you do this?

why don't you call or something to let me know the problem?

canterbury tales is in soi chaiyapoom near soi diana .(my place in this soi)

i've send a lot of people to this guest house many many times.

Mr T taxi's is is probably the best in pattaya, i use him every time and have never had a problem.

always nice and happy drivers to.

It's true that you should always know where your hotel is. there are so many in pattaya that the drivers could never remember all of them.

Next time just print off the address off the internet. if you can't find it ask the hotel to send it to you in thai so you have something to give to the driver.

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

ive used Mr T a few times ...very good service.. :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

In my mail prior to the trip, i gave him my name, my arrival time, my flight no, and the hotel in Pattaya i was going to.

No problem at all. Will absolutely use Mr T service on my next trip.

Made arrangements prior to coming for Mr T to pick me up at the airport. I was arriving at 11pm. The driver met me at the airport which was the best part, and from there it went downhill. The driver didn't seem to speak or understand any English. I told him that I was staying at Canterbury Tales Cafe, and he didn't seem to know or understand where that was.

I texted Mr T and told him where I was going and the driver didn't know where it was. A few minutes later, the driver received a call (I assume from Mr T telling him where to do). The driver took us to Walking Street and indicated that Canterbury Tales Cafe was down Walking Street, so, we (my wife and I) got out with our luggage.

We walked up and down Walking Street asking whoever we could (Tourist Police, Bike Taxis, etc.) where Canterbury was, but no one knew. We are getting very tired of walking with our luggage. It is now around 2am. I found an internet cafe and looked up Canterbury. Got the address and after asking several Bike Taxis, found one who thought he knew where it was. Thankfully, he did, and we got there around 2:45 am.

With hindsight, I should have had the address with me, but with Canterbury and Mr T both mentioned on several forums, I just assumed that the driver or Mr T would know where it was. BTW, Canterbury is about 2-3 kilometers from Walking Street.

Nevertheless, it was very unprofessional of Mr T to have us dropped off NO where near Canterbury with our luggage and expect us to find it. This was compounded by the fact that I am a first time visitor not knowing where or how to get around.

It's a tough leasson learned but as other BM have already mentioned you should have known where you were going and have the address in thai and/or a map. You cann't expect a driver in a foreign country to speak other language but his own and you cann't expect a taxi hired 150 kilometer from where you'r going to know each and every small guest house, this being in any country on the globe.

I used Mr. T's service 15-20 times,and on several occassion called after boarding the plane in Singapore ( 2 hours flight) and driver has always been waiting upon arrival. All drivers I know of have a minimum of basic English and have really helpful and I will most definately use Mr.T in the future and

I guess Mr T farmed out this fare to a BKK taxi, there is actually a map on the contacts page and when you click it the Google map comes up which is also in Thai directions/streets and all my emails have a note on them with my number and I ask guys to call me when on their way etc as well as if you cannot find us, normally my wife will guide the driver in if he does not know.

I guess its wrong to assume they know but many people do assume they know all, this was a very unfortunate indecent and I had no idea it was as bad as this, I will have to improve the map because I doubt they would understand it but over 5 years this is the first such indecent, but I guess its down to us to cover all angles, the address is also on the website but would they know anything from that I doubt it too.

Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

i agree with many posters, you cant blame mr t totally for this. canterbury tales is down an obscure soi (chayapoon i believe) and isnt exactly one of the most common guesthouses in pattaya (no disrespect daveo), sure i know exactly where it is but i am not surprised that the taxi driver didnt. surely you being a first timer to patts, you should have had better directions to the place other than just hoping the taxi driver knew where it was. and as for the taxi driver not knowing much english, it is thailand when all said and done lol..not meant as a flame just my opinion. as someone said, at least you made it in the end and i am sure you are making up for your poor start... have a great time in paradise.

I have to agree with BigReg, it is not totally Mr T's fault in fact quite the opposite, on the Canterbury Tales website under 'Contacts' BM Daveo has a map which shows where it is located so at least you could have shown the driver the map but if you emailed Mr T the address he would have ensured the driver had the right information.

Please note, I am not flaming you my friend.

I have used Mr T in 6 out of my 7 trips to Pattaya and have found his service to be excellent and his driver even waited over an hour for me because my friend had trouble getting his luggage.

In all honesty I can understand your frustration although with hindsight all of it could have been prevented.

I am glad it turned out good for you in the end.

Hope the holiday is a great one

i don't understand 1 thing.

why him not call or let me know the problem.

problem is around 02.00am (early morning).

i didn't work on that time because i'm 55 years old.(getting old now)

and if people come to my office they will see that i'm stroke.

i don't sure who's driver call on that time.

but if this is problem come from driver I'll return you all money.

but why him didn't tell me any thing and just post around everywhere.

this is not fare to me.

I texted Mr T and told him where I was going and the driver didn't know where it was. A few minutes later, the driver received a call (I assume from Mr T telling him where to do). The driver took us to Walking Street and indicated that Canterbury Tales Cafe was down Walking Street, so, we (my wife and I) got out with our luggage.

May I ask Mr T if you received the text and did you call the driver ?

I've used you on a few occasions and never had a problem so please don't think I'm attacking you.

I would not say this is the fault of Mr T taxis if you did not know where the hotel was you should have done a little resurch into where is was, if you have booked at a place like cantabury tales the must have spoke to someone here to book it for you or contacted them before your trip so why would you not ask where is is.

taxi driver should know his job. same like me.cant get me there fuck no payment, dont fuck on day one

i don't understand 1 thing.

why him not call or let me know the problem.

problem is around 02.00am (early morning).

i didn't work on that time because i'm 55 years old.(getting old now)

and if people come to my office they will see that i'm stroke.

i don't sure who's driver call on that time.

but if this is problem come from driver I'll return you all money.

but why him didn't tell me any thing and just post around everywhere.

this is not fare to me.

Hi MrT, so why did the driver go off the route to get gas in my case? is this normal? (at least 30 minutes messing around) then ignore my request to go down north Pattaya road, instead head for Pattaya Klang, he could speak English well enough . Mooks apartment is well known now.

Hi MrT, so why did the driver go off the route to get gas in my case? is this normal? (at least 30 minutes messing around) then ignore my request to go down north Pattaya road, instead head for Pattaya Klang, he could speak English well enough . Mooks apartment is well known now.

ou The driver must have had a bad day, it's normally a 5-6 minut stop which is quit acceptable and a good chance to stretch the ol legs

Mr. T is a good transport company, never had a problem with him.

Like many others, I blame the OP. At the minimum, you should have had the hotel telephone number with you.

I'm booked with Mr T for my next trip to Pattaya.

Last time I used a different service and it was a disaster on the return trip to BKK. It's very obvious that in general terms Mr T is very well regarded as a taxi service, not only here on PA but also on every other web-board I've scanned through.

TIT and sometimes things will go wrong even with the best of planning. I always try to minimise my risks when travelling by having copies of all my bookings (flights, accommodation etc) easily to hand. It didn't save me from a taxi that just didn't turn up on my last trip though (NOT MrT's service). I'm expecting a smooth ride with Mr T, as his reputation is exceedingly good.

It looks like Mr T is on the ball with this complaint and has generously offered a refund, he can't really do much more than that.

Shite happens sometimes, we just have to deal with it, smile and move on!!biggrin.gif

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Have used Mr.T many times and will book again, Never have any problems, always on time and a good service from the driver.

Always have a phone number to call and a map, with thai writing, showing where you accommondation is. Because you can't expect the driver to know where all the hotels and guesthouses are pattaya.

Allways use Mr T i find the service very reliable, allways on time to pick up and yes some of the drivers speak little english so you allways need to have the address handy. but better than that if you know a friend in Patts and he has thai g/f use the phone and bingo you allways get there. Will use again on my next visit. They are good