IGNORED

BELLE VISTA HOTEL (Soi 7)

King Cobra

Hi All,

Just wondering if any BMs have stayed at the Belle Vista or the Sunshine Inn?

I would like to hear both Good and Bad Reviews.

I had been staying at the Penthouse but decided to change hotels.

I spoke to the girl behind the counter at the Belle Vista. She was friendly and showed me one of their rooms. It was nice.

It did NOT have all the large satin pillows, colored lights, and dancing pole, and swing in the room like the Penthouse had but I was ok without those items. Both hotels have in-house safe and Security on the premises and both are bar girl friendly.

It was a lot cheaper than the Penthouse also. Penthouse around 1400Bt and Belle Vista 650Bt.

bellevista___Sunshine.jpg

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

Hi All,

Just wondering if any BMs have stayed at the Belle Vista or the Sunshine Inn?

I would like to hear both Good and Bad Reviews.

I had been staying at the Penthouse but decided to change hotels.

I spoke to the girl behind the counter at the Belle Vista. She was friendly and showed me one of their rooms. It was nice.

It did NOT have all the large satin pillows, colored lights, and dancing pole, and swing in the room like the Penthouse had but I was ok without those items. Both hotels have in-house safe and Security on the premises and both are bar girl friendly.

It was a lot cheaper than the Penthouse also. Penthouse around 1400Bt and Belle Vista 650Bt.

king. give this plase a miss mate i stayed there and lasted 1 night, its a nightmare /belle vista

Edited by steveshipley

I stayed at sunshine hotel soi8, 2 nights last year and have the superior room

it cost 1500 bath per night (booked thru their homepage),

and can say it was a very small room for a superior room

and the rooms really need a renovation, it's a shabby place

:Danger1:

I changed hotel to sabai lodge on soi2, that is a very good hotel

:P

Thanks guys, I may have to look elsewhere. I guess they might keep one room in A1 shape to show people who want to take a look before staying.

I plan to stay for 2 weeks in Oct. I may look at renting a Condo.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at the Bella Vista several times over the past few years. I have paid between 600 and 700 baht per night for a deluxe room, sometimes with a free breakfast included. It is getting a bit worn but is still a fairly good place. The beds are comfortable. The unpadded wooden chairs look nice but get quite uncomfortable after a while.

I definitely prefer the deluxe rooms facing west toward the beach, although they will cost about 100 baht a night more than the standard rooms. The standard rooms facing south are smaller and get a lot of bar noise until 2:00 AM or so. There is a nice big TV set in the deluxe rooms. There is no pool and the hotel restaurant is sub-par in my opinion. I have stayed there for 30 days at a time on three occasions.

One nice thing about the Bella Vista is that it is in the middle of the Soi 7 and Soi 8 area. The location provides easy access to Beach Road, 2nd Road, and Central Road. While there is no WiFi or computer port access in the rooms, there are several Internet shops nearby.

While Bella Vista is not my current first choice in Pattaya lodgings, it is not a bad room at the price IMHO.

I stayed at sunshine hotel soi8, 2 nights last year and have the superior room

it cost 1500 bath per night (booked thru their homepage),

and can say it was a very small room for a superior room

and the rooms really need a renovation, it's a shabby place

:Danger1:

I changed hotel to sabai lodge on soi2, that is a very good hotel

:Hair_Out1:

Whats the difference between the lodge and the hotel??

Prices? Rooms? I would actually like free wireless internet, no joiner fees, nice shower, clean room, fridge, sturdy firm bed.

• 2 months later...

Update: Recently stayed at the Bella Vista.

Cons: Shower took a while to warm up. The AC leaked for 2 days before someone came to fix it. Bed not attached to the wall and rolled all over the room during one of my Impalements of STs/LTs. Construction and Bars below very loud until 2am.

Pros: The staff was really nice. Free breakfast if you are up at that time. 650Bt a night in a clean, safe room was nice. Wireless internet available, Girl friendly for the 1st girl and only 200Bt for any additional girl.

Stayed in the Bella Vista just over 2 years ago good friendly staff, price started at 650 then dropped to 600 the 2nd week. Good for soi 7&8 also for the best english breakfast at Rosie O'gradys.

I booked a room for them via their site for this next trip. But they needed a deposit. No problem I said, but they told me it had to be by bank transfer. THey have no visa or paypal option. I wrote to them that the cost of sending a wire from Japan is about the same as 4 nights stay at their hotel. No answer from that mail, so I cancelled the reservation.

Anyway, I have no info on the hotel -- but their booking system is still Bedrock City.

• 2 years later...

I booked a room for them via their site for this next trip. But they needed a deposit. No problem I said, but they told me it had to be by bank transfer. THey have no visa or paypal option. I wrote to them that the cost of sending a wire from Japan is about the same as 4 nights stay at their hotel. No answer from that mail, so I cancelled the reservation.

Anyway, I have no info on the hotel -- but their booking system is still Bedrock City.

From comments thus far,I will be giving that place a miss.

I am looking at PBR,seems to have all the goodies at a fair price.

http://pattayabayresort.com/Rates.aspx

Edited by Cicero

From comments thus far,I will be giving that place a miss.

I am looking at PBR,seems to have all the goodies at a fair price.

http://pattayabayresort.com/Rates.aspx

Agreed. I did stay at the Bella Vista on 1 trip. The hotel was cheap but the staff was really nice. I really liked the Pig and Whistle to eat. After that trip I checked on the Pattaya Bay Resort and have been staying there ever since. BV is good for someone on a very limited budget.