IGNORED

Buffet Breakfast near Walking street

The Diana Dragon (not Diana Inn) breakfast is much better than that at the Lek, I think.

Either way, there are 4 acceptable and cheap buffet breakfasts at just over 100B within 2 minutes walk of the Diana Inn, which is 15 minutes from Walking Street as mentioned.

Diana Inn, Diana Dragon, Apex, Lek. In no particular order.

Obviously if money is of no concern there are much better places, starting with all the big name hotels along the seafront.

Get on a baht bus and go to Robin'e Nest on Soi Diana.

Excellent buffet brekkie for 149 baht. Best I've had in Patts.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Are you sure that's a buffet? I have never noticed and I walk past it at least 4 times a day.

Unless it's stopped recently, yes.

It's set against the inside right-hand wall.

Great selection and excellent quality for the price.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

I had a good look again last night and saw no indication outside that they do a breakfast buffet, or indeed any breakfast. Lots of signs for 24-hour nursery school though.

I cant imagine why they dont advertise it. Most places have huge signs about breakfasts.

I tried both the buffets at the Lek and the Apex hotels on 2nd road over the last couple of days. The Apex buffet is slightly better and runs till 1.30pm while the Lek bufffet runs till 1pm. I'd say neither buffet is great if you are looking for the components of the classic English breakfast, but it you want fruit, cornflakes, some pastries, and lots of hot fresh coffee then these buffets are a good option for 110 baht..

As I mentioned above, I think the Diana Dragon is better than both of those. Far end of Soi Diana: about 3 minutes walk from the Apex.

Hi,

Im looking for a decent buffet brekkie near Walking street???

cheers

WK

You won`t have any problem getting a sausage sandwich in soi BJ in the morning :P

Edited by the_gas

You won`t have any problem getting a sausage sandwich in soi BJ in the morning :P

If you're referring to the Ladyboy bar next to the Jasmine hotel then it has been closed for at least the last week and the only LB's I have seen on that soi during my visit have been from Jenny Star Bar (think thats what its called) getting food from the carts located there.

• 3 weeks later...

OK. This will involve a baht-bus ride for most people but if you are prepared to spend 10B and 15 minutes getting to Jomtien then for just 165B I think you will find the classiest breakfast buffet I have seen for the price in a long time.

Get off the baht-bus just by View Talay 5 and View Talay 2. On the beach side (right side) of the road you will see the rather run-down Jomtien Complex. Go down the first entrance into it and just inside you will find the Poseidon restaurant. This place does a really good breakfast/brunch buffet every day for 165B.

The breads and croissants are proper (ie not oddly sweet/bland) and are freshly baked. The coffee and tea are good by Thai standards. The tea comes in a teapot. Bacon (proper bacon), eggs and various other BBQ meats are cooked to order. Proper unsalted butter. There are several very decent salads and cold meat and fish dishes. Also various hot dishes like Thai noodles, hash browns, rosti, fried rice. Two soups (haha). Cornflakes, yoghurt, honey, several very nice home-made desserts. Fresh fruit. Probably some other stuff I have forgotten.

I tried a bit of just about everything and was very impressed by the quality of the ingredients compared to most of the other buffets. About the only bad point was the (inevitable?) fake orange drink. Not the biggest choice of dishes but nearly all of them were of good quality and for 165B it gets my vote for value for money.

The place also does an evening buffet at weekends, about which I know nothing apart from having seen the list of dishes and the price: about 450B. If it is as good as the breakfast then it is probably worth it.

I concur. Poseidon is the best buffet value in town for brunch at 165. No question. Value for money, can't be beat.