IGNORED

Areca or LK Metropole

bobbybgood

Help needed with this please,which is the better.First time in this location as I normally stay around central.Thanks

Can't comment on LK Metropole as I've never stayed there, but I wouldn't recommend Areca Lodge as it's not very monger friendly (charges for more than one 'guest', no girls under 20, rude gossiping front desk staff).

Both are very good, never had any problem with bringing in TGs in either.

Areca is a bit less expensive, but LK Metro has nicer rooms IMO, so pays money and takes choice.

If you like a nice pool then Areca is best.

Areca Lodge for sure: nice pool especially the one in the back. no problems with bringing a girl. Charge for more as one guest is maybe for the breakfast? And do you really mind the gossip of the deskstaf? I really don't care what they say or do! As after 5 minutes i'll be humping that lovely BG in my room and they are still standing at the desk! Never care what people think of you, except your parents!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

LK Metropole has nicer rooms. Areca has a MUCH better swimming pool and average (but clean) rooms.

The rooms in the "Evergreen" section of Areca are new, modern, clean, and fantastic.

Personally, I would recommend Areca because of the pool and proximity to the a large shopping area called The Avenue, which has restaurants, movie theater, grocery store, as well as easy access to the baht buses on 2nd road.

Both have good fitness centers. Or perhaps your Pattaya cardio routine will be marathon bang sessions!

Oh, forgot to mention Areca has free wifi which I don't believe LK Metro does unless added recently?

LK Metropole has free wifi but you have to ask for username and password at reception.

Depending on the area you want to stay, there are other good hotels at decent price.

Stayed at the Areca numerous times but my last stay in November will was my last,besides the episode of reception giving my room key to somebody else,Irish guy and a BG in my room on my return,won't go into that the thread is there if you want to search for it.Last time decided to extend my stay by a week as decided not to head down to Phuket,been through the scenario before with them about having to book online as they wouldn't match the rate of Latestays,expected that one,they then told me i would have to change rooms as my double was booked up,bit of a cufuffle but not the end of the world!Changed rooms to find they had given me a twin,2 single beds,i'm an easy going guy and if i could of pushed the beds together i would of but due to a bedside unit fixed to the wall couldn't be done.Went to reception,was told i had booked a twin,which in error i did and no double rooms available,went down again later to see the manager was told no chance of a double,fully booked until end of November,besides my protestations,telling them i was a frequent guest,even offering to pay any difference,she wouldn't budge.Thing is i know this hotel well and i can tell when it's fully booked,getting a table at breakfast,free sunbeds etc,i wasn't convinced it was full,checked online availability,several sites having double rooms available.

Really pissed me off having the single beds,along with and not for the first time my LT getting upset with the way she was treated by the staff on the desk,but the final deciding factor was when they came to spray the rooms for bed bugs,they must of thought late afternoon nobody would be in the room when they came to do it!!!

So ends my patronage of the Areca,will probably try the Metropole or the new Vogue hotel on Soi Lengkee if they confirm of no joiner fee.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of staying at the LK Metropole. But after seeing this (Thieving Maid) I am put off. Will stay at Areca instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I would imagine that the maid in the Youtube has been since fired. Not an excuse, but I got the impression they were trying to catch the maid with her hand in the cookie jar by leaving the stuff the way they did. I'd be more worried if there wasn't a safe in the bedroom. Can someone confirm this as I'm booked in there for May.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

I have stayed in Areca many times and always had a good experience. There is a fee for two guests but it is not that big of an inconvenience given the great pool and clean rooms.

I was thinking of staying at the LK Metropole. But after seeing this (Thieving Maid) I am put off. Will stay at Areca instead.

Very good VDO !

Good moment, the trader maid who explain the change between the thai money and the viet money !

Thx a lot

• 1 month later...

Always like a safe in my room & if I leave things out then it does not matter if they steal my coins.

Great VDO & when it comes to money never trust any fucker.

:001_Thank_You5:

I would imagine that the maid in the Youtube has been since fired. Not an excuse, but I got the impression they were trying to catch the maid with her hand in the cookie jar by leaving the stuff the way they did. I'd be more worried if there wasn't a safe in the bedroom. Can someone confirm this as I'm booked in there for May.

I've stayed at the Metropole many times and haven't had anything go missing. I did lock up all valuables in the in room safe. I did leave my camera out on occasion and it was always there when I came back.

• 3 months later...

I've stayed at the Metropole many times and haven't had anything go missing. I did lock up all valuables in the in room safe. I did leave my camera out on occasion and it was always there when I came back.

Hii

m goin to pattaya in september, confused between areca and LK metropole...

i have stayed in areca before...really liked it and never had a problem with bringing TG back to the room, but read on these posts that now they dont allow TG below 20?

is it true?....do u have any idea?

and since u have stayed in LK can recommend or gimme a suggestion about where to stay?....

and also since i wont be booking online, what will be the room rates in both? m thinking of spending abt 2000B on room ..no more, i know areca is less then that but not sure about LK if i am going directly and not booking online.....

will be really helpful if you can give some advice...:)

m goin for 4-6 nights...

Has anyone ever been knocked back when they have taken an 18 or 19 yr old back there?? My impressions during my short stay in April was that Areca was very monger friendly!

Has anyone ever been knocked back when they have taken an 18 or 19 yr old back there?? My impressions during my short stay in April was that Areca was very monger friendly!

Unless they've changed their policy, I wouldn't call them "very monger friendly." See my previous report Here.

Bakwan

Anyone managed to slip the receptionist a 'tip' to allow a girl under 20 up? I'm booked for 2 weeks there next trip and this is the only thing that really annoys me, as i'm only 21 and alot of the younger girls i seem to connect with.

If you leave your stuff out in the open, expect trouble.

I've had similarly bad experiences in the UK and US at large 3-4 star hotels...

My experience at the LK Metropole was quite good, very clean, nice rooms, free wifi, decent pool (just bad location), and good proximity to the action, shopping and good restaurants. I booked on Agoda.com and got very good rates.

Stayed at the LK Met twice now and love the hotel, never had an issue there. Had a look online at the rooms in the Areca and can't say they did it for me.

FL and GB often have false ID card, cause they can't enter in some disco under 20 sometimes. So they can use it to enter in Areca.

But in this case you have to check that the gril is at least 18.

Defiantly a lesson i learnt last trip in Patong, far too many underage girls working!

• 3 weeks later...

I Think arecalodge is very good value for money if you want to stay near LK Metro.

You dont hear noise of the streetbars wheen you stay areca,but action is very near hotel.

Here is some pictures of areca rooms.

IM000397.jpg

IM000398.jpg