IGNORED

Are Air Asia Fares for real?

PattayaFanatic

I've been looking up fares on Air asia site.

BKK to Phuket about 3300 baht for 2 return tickets with 15kg bag

BKK to Hong Kong 9932 baht for 2 return ticket with 20kg bag

These are current quotes for mid september

Anyone here actually get such a cheap deal?

it's the real deal man - i fly airasia all the time within asia (where possible). cheapest flights you will find guaranteed

yes they are real. I have booked and flown with them - nothing fancy but the price is good

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Yes they always have good deals. Especially if you can book in advance on their sales.

My last trip to Patts cost me $420.00 return inc getting upgraded to premium on the Perth KL and return legs.

Its a budget airline but they are growing fast and I save 800 buks on flying direct to BKK. Thats a fair stack of Barfines.

Coops

ITS MY GAMBLE YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN GGF

Club C4C

Club BB (sigh)

Club 3DR

Yup, prices on the internet are real, book early for cheapest deals.

Air Asia are great for flights around SEA region, have used them a few times, no problems.

Bangkok Air is also good, you can fly Phuket to local pattaya airport avoiding BKK.

Just remember like most low cost airlines there are no refunds if you change your plans.

Air Asia are good although I will always choose Nok Air over them if I can. Nok fly out of the old Bangkok airport at Don Muang and it's really easy and hassle free. And you get a free pretzel and water on the flight!

http://www.nokair.com/NokConnext/aspx/Welcome.aspx

Yes, for real!

I'll be flying one-way in March & am unsure of which visa I'll get, so I may book a ticket from BKK to Cambodia for 2000B all in.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

Yeah, sounds correct. You get what you pay for.

I have regularly gotten return fares from Oz for just over $250.

Gotta book well ahead though.

I recently flew

Bangkok HongKong Return 20kg baggage- 8000Bt

Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur 20kg baggage-4000bt

KL to GoldCoast Australia - 12000bt

I have been flying Air Asia for 3 years now and the above prices are probably the most expensive iv ever paid as they were late bookings if you keep your eye on the website and book in advance you can get much cheaper!!

As others have said keep your eyes open for the deals they have every so often. I usually get flights within Asia for 1,000 - 2,000 baht and the airline is great no frills but it gets you there on time. Got a flight to Chiang Rai for free, just a few baht in taxes.

Exactly. My super cheap fares are purchased at least 6 months in advance. Their super cheap fares are becoming few and far between though, at least to/from Australia. Worth signing up to receive alerts from the web site.

I recently flew

Bangkok HongKong Return 20kg baggage- 8000Bt

Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur 20kg baggage-4000bt

KL to GoldCoast Australia - 12000bt

I have been flying Air Asia for 3 years now and the above prices are probably the most expensive iv ever paid as they were late bookings if you keep your eye on the website and book in advance you can get much cheaper!!

I was there last summer and wanted a flight from Bangkok to Hong Kong. Air Asia was half the price of any other flight I could find.

Yes, for real!

I'll be flying one-way in March & am unsure of which visa I'll get, so I may book a ticket from BKK to Cambodia for 2000B all in.

Best choice would be a non immigrant 'B" since you plan on getting a work permit and being an English Teacher.

Best choice would be a non immigrant 'B" since you plan on getting a work permit and being an English science Teacher.

That was the plan. I spoke to a nice lady at Hull a few weeks ago & she said that if my course provider would sponsor my 'B', indicating that they would 'help me find a job' after the course, they would grant it; unfortunately my course provider refused!

Probably for the best anyway, as Hull has tightened up recently by all accounts. The 'family & friends' 'O' has been kicked into touch to boot.

Looks like its the free tourist visa + extension + convert to B route, or Laos.

sgu_banner.gif

I've been looking up fares on Air asia site.

BKK to Phuket about 3300 baht for 2 return tickets with 15kg bag

BKK to Hong Kong 9932 baht for 2 return ticket with 20kg bag

These are current quotes for mid september

Anyone here actually get such a cheap deal?

i got 2 tickets last may for 4750 bhat with 45kg between us booked 4 months in advanced air asia are the cheapest round asia if bought in advanced

That was the plan. I spoke to a nice lady at Hull a few weeks ago & she said that if my course provider would sponsor my 'B', indicating that they would 'help me find a job' after the course, they would grant it; unfortunately my course provider refused!

Probably for the best anyway, as Hull has tightened up recently by all accounts. The 'family & friends' 'O' has been kicked into touch to boot.

Looks like its the free tourist visa + extension + convert to B route, or Laos.

i don't see why the course provider refused it. Is this course setup specifically for people headed to Thailand?

i don't see why the course provider refused it. Is this course setup specifically for people headed to Thailand?

It's the Cambridge CELTA; the dog's bollox. Other 'TEFL' course providers in LOS are also employment agencies, so can guarantee employment upon completion of the course; although I'd rather work bar in Jomtien than take employment from one of their 'contacts'.

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

oops!

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

oops!

off topic, but that albatross and comment in your signature El Cata crack me up everytime I see it. :Laugh1::Laugh1::Laugh1:

Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting any