Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Currency Exchange Rates

Scumbag

On 05/12/2006 at 12:59, Scumbag said:

If there are any currencies you would like to be aded let me know.

The links below will give you a graph of your currency's worth over the past 120 days. Today's rate can be seen under 'Latest.' Just remember these are mid-market rates and not those that you will get in Pattaya.

Australian

US

UK

Euro

Canadian

Norwegian

The link below will give you todays rate for any curency in the world.

XE

What Will You Get in Thailand?

There is a real disparity between the on-shore and off-shore rates for the Thai Baht at the moment. The rates given by the above links are the off-shore (mid market ) rates. The on-shore Thai Baht rate is lower than the off-shore rate ie you get more Baht for your dollar, Pound or whatever. On-shore currency exchange rates are a better indication to what you will get in Thailand. The current 'street' rates that you will get in Pattaya can be found by following the links below:

Kasikorn Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

Bangkok Bank

Bank of Ayudhya

To give you an idea of the difference here are the on-shore and off-shore rates for the $US on the 10th of April 2007.

Off-shore: 32.4 (this is the mid market rate and you would have got a rate less than that as the bank wants to make a profit)

On-shore: 34.8 (this is the rate the Siam Commercial Bank would have given you on that day.)

Great read. Are forex commonly used in pattaya. Would that be fine to carry. Asking as i could use them as local debit cards.  

Thanks and regards. 

• 1 year later...
On 25/05/2021 at 19:13, badman2709 said:

Great read. Are forex commonly used in pattaya. Would that be fine to carry. Asking as i could use them as local debit cards.  

Thanks and regards. 

Do you mean the forex cards or the rates.

If you mean the rates they are pretty close.

I found it best just get enough ( baht ) at the airport to get you to where you are going then get the rest at your destination.  

• 1 year later...

Like to bump this up again for up to date exchange rates. I`m sure it`s in everybody`s interest. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Pattaya_mad said:

Like to bump this up again for up to date exchange rates. I`m sure it`s in everybody`s interest. 

Google is your friend:

xxx to THB 🔍

IMG_9892.png

image.png.9501ffe614710c41fc2cb6d42e75d876.png

My advice to people, do what Whalley said, then there will be an option for you to follow the rate.

And the rate on Google is always 40-50 cents higher

image.png.2d54dca50b6cd5e043e4ff4bde8b4800.png

Yes … and you can also check the website of your favorite exchange in Thailand as well …