Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Currency Exchange Rates

Scumbag

If you get a credit card which does travel money (IE. Tesco and M&S) then you can get currency with no fees, like a cash advance.

M&S rate is currently 46.1, which slightly lower than the 48 you may get in Pattaya you get longer to pay back especially of its on a 0% deal.

If you get a credit card which does travel money (IE. Tesco and M&S) then you can get currency with no fees, like a cash advance.

M&S rate is currently 46.1, which slightly lower than the 48 you may get in Pattaya you get longer to pay back especially of its on a 0% deal.

You need to remember that you effectively pay 3.75% interest just to make the transaction. Are you sure that there are no fees at home for a 'cash advance'? Australian banks charge a lot for them.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 months later...

It looks like there is a slight difference between xhange rates at airport vs outside. Is this correct? Better to exchange a small amount at airport and rest outside.

It looks like there is a slight difference between xhange rates at airport vs outside. Is this correct? Better to exchange a small amount at airport and rest outside.

. Yes better in pattaya

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are there better rates in Pattaya then in banks in Bangkok?

Would anyone advise to take a few baht and get teh rest of your money changed in Pattay?

• 2 months later...
http://www.yjpattayaexchange.com/4.html I used these guys and they had the best rate of any I saw. No hidden fees, what u saw is what you got. I looked the rate up on the net each time, then when riding to them checked the rate of others as I went past. Not once did I see a better rate elsewhere.

46 to the £! Ouch!

That makes me feel better about being stuck here right now! Hopefully it will have moved back to more reasonable rate by the time I get back!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 1 year later...

Anybody who can tell me if I can change Swedish Kronor (SEK) in Patt?

If so, is 500/1000 SEK bills ok?

Thanks in advance for info!

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone want to provide an update on current rates available against the £ in pattaya and airport?

Anyone able to provide upto date rates for £ in pattaya and airport?

Just noticed £ loosing ground. Hope the Greek thing not gonna destroy the rate.

Anyone want to provide an update on current rates available against the £ in pattaya and airport?

14 30  today thai time best rate in pattaya at a TT exchange 52.53.

take off about 2 baht and you will have the rate offered at the airport

14 30  today thai time best rate in pattaya at a TT exchange 52.53.

take off about 2 baht and you will have the rate offered at the airport

thanks I appreciate your help. What's a TT exchange?

thanks I appreciate your help. What's a TT exchange?

TT is by far the largest independent ex bureau chain in pattaya.

yellow signs with black TT written on them.

cash only but they have either the best rate in pattaya or so close to it that it makes no difference.

• 11 months later...

Too often, it is stated on PA, the poor exchange rates at the booths on the arrivals (2nd floor) at the airport (BKK) without a mention of a group of excellent FX booths (with rates higher than Pattaya) two floors down that take only a couple of minutes to reach (with bags on a cart), using the elevator.

There are now 5 booths group together on the B-floor (basement). These booths are not bound by the cartel that fixes the low exchange rates at all other booths throughout the airport. Superrich, Value Plus and Yenjit offer the highest rates. Rates are displayed on sign- boards, so you can quickly determine which is best for your particular currency.

http://www.valueplusexchange.com/

http://www.superrich1965.com/rate.php

http://www.yenjit.com/

Prior to discovering these excellent exchange booths, I would do like all others posting on this thread. Change a small amount at a ripoff rate on the arrivals floor, then have to find a street FX booth like TT, once I arrived in Pattaya. Time and money was wasted compared to to doing it once, and changing enough to cover my first few days, and in a much safer environment than on the street.

The worry about your taxi driver waiting because of a late arrival is nonsense. Taxi drivers monitor your flight's arrival time on their phone and know hours in advance of any pending delays. If worried about your driver, better to learn how to avoid lineups at immigration.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/293958-from-landing-in-bkk-to-pattaya-time/page-1#entry3590410

When on the B-floor, follow the signs to Airport Rail Link or Airport hotels. At the bottom of a short travelator, you'll find these 5 booths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh41NTmwOiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnDz7TYEzpw

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Whalleywo

• 3 years later...

In 4 years I always changed my currency in the TT yellow shop. This was in four year always the best price in town

• Like 1

I appreciate the excellent info here.  It's nice that there are exchange rates in the airport that are incredibly competitive if not better than you would find on the street.

A bit of a line and walk through the airport is an easy trade off for a much better rate than can be found in the main area of the airport.

On 05/06/2016 at 15:03, Whalley said:

Too often, it is stated on PA, the poor exchange rates at the booths on the arrivals (2nd floor) at the airport (BKK) without a mention of a group of excellent FX booths (with rates higher than Pattaya) two floors down that take only a couple of minutes to reach (with bags on a cart), using the elevator.

This is excellent information.

I would think many of us especially the more seasoned traveler would not know about these booths.

Based on years of experience, I would never have bothered checking rates at the airport as traditionally these were always the worst.

Instead I would walk about Pattaya going to the booths with the best rates often Yenjit on Walking Street.

This is a great option for those traveling without any baht left from the last trip. 

It's worth noting that the sell rates are equally good so you can offload any extra baht at these booths before returning home.

Yes that was the most impressive thing about these booths in the airport is the very small spread they have between buying and selling.  It makes it a pretty easy decision for an infrequent traveler to offload any leftover baht at the end of the trip and then just reloading on the next trip out.

I keep about 1500baht  to pay for next trip's taxi to Pattaya 

15 hours ago, The Goose said:

Yes that was the most impressive thing about these booths in the airport is the very small spread they have between buying and selling.  It makes it a pretty easy decision for an infrequent traveler to offload any leftover baht at the end of the trip and then just reloading on the next trip out.

As a frequent traveler I find it better to hold onto any baht I have left when I'm leaving, most times I even exchange a little more when leaving.

15 hours ago, Wiley Coyote said:

I keep about 1500baht  to pay for next trip's taxi to Pattaya 

I agree 100% about taking baht home to have it available when arriving on the next trip.

For me its enough for my first few days when back in Thailand.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Absolutely Leotex.  For a frequent traveler it would make a lot of sense to hang on to the local currency for ease.  It would be what i would do as well.

If I''m only able to make a trip every 1-2 years then for me it's easiest just to exchange everything back before leaving.  Put that local $ currency to work back in the states haha

• 2 weeks later...

38.3 baht to the English pound right now....shocking

• 3 weeks later...